TWU,TEAMSTERS AND AA

You AMFA supporters are really BUTT HURT. YOU NEED TO GET OVER IT. YOU CAME UP SHORT out of 9,878 M&R PER THE NMB THE IBT GOT THE MAJORITY AND FILED ON TIME AND PER THE NMB RULES.
Travis, your numbers are a little off. You forgot what makes up your Craft and Class per the NMB and the Railway Labor Act. This is why you and your IBT want a boys will get it shoved up your ass.

Travis, your numbers are a little off. You forgot what makes up your Craft and Class per the NMB and the Railway Labor Act. This is why you and your IBT want a boys will get it shoved up your ass.
[background=rgb(242, 242, 242)]1AA, on 06 June 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:[/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]

Travis it is obvious you do not work for AA and your information is flawed. Your number of 9878 is not accurate. I am not going to tell you the exact number but I can say that it is much higher than what you claim. If the Teamsters are going on that number which I doubt then they will be short and very short on cards. But I doubt they will use your number. OK put a spin on my reply.[/background]

?????ask the NMB http://www.nmb.gov/a...-rpts/od.html#1

[background=rgb(242, 242, 242)]1AA, on 06 June 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Travis it is obvious you do not work for AA and your information is flawed. Your number of 9878 is not accurate. I am not going to tell you the exact number but I can say that it is much higher than what you claim. If the Teamsters are going on that number which I doubt then they will be short and very short on cards. But I doubt they will use your number. OK put a spin on my reply.[/background]
?????ask the NMB http://www.nmb.gov/a...-rpts/od.html#1
Go read it says (Approx. No. of Emp.-Craft or Class)

Teamsters lies and deceit and false promises goes back to 2007.
They still give you false hopes and claims. Best one is that we can force the company to open the contract by law. Lets not get hoodwinked like the UAL guys did.

Went through my files and found this information. I do not have the links but I am sure if you contact Joe Prisco he can confirm this. He now is a union officer in SFO for the Teamsters. Joe Prisco has always been a stand up union guy regardless which union is on the property.

IBT Pres Hoffa At Press Conf With SF Mayor and Response By AMFA 9 President
Source Joseph Prisco
Date 08/03/07/13:58

Join General President Jim Hoffa in Showing Solidarity for United Airline Mechanics

THE INTERNATIONAL Brotherhood of Teamsters has been working since 2005 with a group of United Airlines mechanics to represent the airline's mechanics. Approximately 9,300 active and furloughed mechanics are voting until March 31st on whether to have the Teamsters represent them.
The UAL mechanics have been through a lot: over 3,000 mechanics (including over 1,000 from the San Francisco maintenance base) have been furloughed in the past three years, mechanics' no longer enjoy retirement security since their pension was terminated and recently UAL announced plans to sell off the huge San Francisco maintenance base.
One of the main concerns for UAL mechanics is outsourcing. UAL currently outsources more than 40 percent of its maintenance work to foreign stations. We are greatly concerned with UAL's potential plan to sell its San Francisco maintenance facility--that would cost the city more than 4,500 jobs.
Let's show our support for the UAL mechanics! President Hoffa will be holding a news conference with San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom Wednesday, March 5th, to voice their opposition to United Airlines' outsourcing of maintenance work.
We need you to show that the Teamsters are behind the mechanics as they vote. We need a big turnout to fill City Hall plaza, where the news conference will take place.
Please join us!

WHERE: San Francisco City Hall (front steps)

1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place

WHEN: Wednesday, March 5th at 10 a.m.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AMFA Local 9 President Joseph Prisco
Tuesday, March 04, 2008 9:15 AM
Subject: Press release Local 9

HOFFA GRANDSTANDS ON AIRLINE OUTSOURCING

San Francisco, CA, March 4, 2008 - Teamster President James Hoffa is
staging a press appearance with San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom at City
Hall on March 5 to allegedly talk about airline maintenance outsourcing.

Why is San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom being duped into standing with a
union official who represents few aircraft mechanics at SFO? Why now?
Obviously he is not aware of the real facts at UAL.

The Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA) Local 9 President
Joseph Prisco says, "The Teamsters are masters of hype. The press
conference is nothing more than a grandstanding news event to falsely
present to the public that the Teamsters are fighting for mechanics at
United Airlines and other carriers." The "news event" takes place
now
because of a raid by Teamsters at United Airlines (NASDAQ: UAUA) between
the present union AMFA and the Teamsters. AMFA represents most of the
unionized mechanics at SFO."

The Teamsters are suddenly talking tough on airline maintenance
outsourcing but they don't "walk the talk" at their represented
airlines. Take for example, the work performed by Teamster maintenance
workers at Continental Airlines (NYSE: CAL), a group they have
represented for over 10 years. According to a 2006 Bureau of
Transportation Statistics report, Continental Airlines outsources over
48% of its maintenance. Their contract contains no outsourcing limits,
compared with the contractual limit at UAL of 20%.

"It's important to realize that the Teamster's contract at Continental
allows work to be done overseas in locations such as Brazil, Spain, Hong
Kong and elsewhere. Making an issue of UAL sending a few planes to China
and Korea in exchange for engine overhauls and other work sent to the US
by those same countries to be worked by AMFA mechanics at San Francisco
is the height of hypocrisy and ignorance." Prisco added.

AMFA at United Airlines, in contrast, negotiated an independent annual
audit during bankruptcy in 2005 that measures compliance with a
contractual outsourcing limit of 20%. The audit revealed that United
Airlines exceeded the outsourcing limit by $196 million in 2005 and $280
million in 2006. "The Teamsters have done nothing at the carriers they
already represent."

AMFA's grievance on UAL's excessive outsourcing is currently in
arbitration to return this work to its members.

Prisco points out, "The Teamsters attempt to talk tough on airline
maintenance outsourcing at United Airlines would mean more if their
actions at Continental squared with their hollow and meaningless words."
They don't. "Continental Mechanics ask WHY the Teamsters protest at UAL
when the same union allowed overseas outsourcing for years at
Continental yet never protested at Continental-even once!"

Finally, with regard to the potential sale of United's San Francisco
Maintenance Base, Prisco observes, "We covered this issue many times,
and the Teamsters don't get it. There is no threat to sell without the
union's permission. UAL has acknowledged that the union has a veto over
any sale." Prisco concludes, "AMFA has stated many times, if any
transfer of control or proposed sale is not good for the mechanics and
other UAL employees then our response is simple: we just say no."

The Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association represents Mechanics and
Related staff at Alaska Airlines, American Trans Air, Horizon Airlines,
Mesaba Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, and United
Airlines. AMFA Local 9, based in San Francisco, is AMFA's largest Local.
AMFA commits to the traveling public to ensure the safety of the air
transport industry through ceaseless vigilance.

Joseph Prisco
President
AMFA local 9
650-826-1405
[email protected]

AMFA only has Alaska Airlines and Southwest now. I think that's around 3000 AMT's. I can see why AMFA has a hard-on for the IBT. UAL was Joseph Prisco AMFA's bread and butter.
We can stay this bunch all will be safe:
International Association of Machinists (IAM)
Mississippi Local Machinists Secretary-Treasurer Pleads Guilty to Theft
On April 11, Bonnie Nixon, former secretary-treasurer of International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers Local Lodge W443, pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi to embezzling $15,981.66 in funds from the Laurel-based union. She had been indicted in December. The actions follow an investigation by the U.S. Labor Department's Office of Labor-Management Standards.
Secretary-Treasurer of Indiana Machinists Local Sentenced
Submitted by Carl Horowitz on Mon, 03/04/2013 - 17:44
On February 20, Robert Stephenson, former secretary-treasurer of International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers Local 2903,
Machinists Business Agent in Minnesota Charged with Theft
Submitted by Carl Horowitz on Wed, 01/30/2013 - 19:25
On December 18, James Kiser, former directing business representative for International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers District Lodge 165
Machinists Secretary-Treasurer in NE Indiana Sentenced for Embezzlement
Submitted by Carl Horowitz on Mon, 01/28/2013 - 18:39
On December 17, Mark Morgan, former secretary-treasurer of International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers Local Lodge 2584 International Association of Machinists (IAM)

Machinists Local Secretary-Treasurer in Indiana Pleads Guilty
Submitted by Carl Horowitz on Mon, 12/10/2012 - 17:48
On November 13, Robert Stephenson, former secretary-treasurer of International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers Local Lodge 2903
Ohio Machinists Local Secretary Sentenced for Embezzlement
Submitted by Carl Horowitz on Thu, 11/01/2012 - 15:34
On October 12, Rachel Lanham, former office secretary for International Association of Machinists Local Lodge 34
Boston-Area Machinists Secretary-Treasurer Charged with Theft
Submitted by Carl Horowitz on Wed, 10/24/2012 - 16:02
On September 24, Robert Hill, former secretary-treasurer of International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers Local Lodge 1271
Machinists Local Secretary-Treasurer in Michigan Sentenced
Submitted by Carl Horowitz on Wed, 10/24/2012 - 13:18
On September 20, Renita Dompier, former secretary-treasurer of International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers Local 283
Business Agent for Machinists Local in Virginia Sentenced
Submitted by Carl Horowitz on Fri, 10/12/2012 - 13:30
On September 20, Jeff Agee, former business representative for International Association of Machinists Lodge 10, was sentenced in U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia to 180 days of home confinement and three years of supervised release for embezzling funds from the Richmond-based union.
THAT’S PAGE ONE….
Machinists Local Office Employee in Washington State Charged
Submitted by Carl Horowitz on Thu, 09/13/2012 - 18:04
On August 1, Sean Heuer, former office assistant for International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers Local Lodge 536, was charged in the Superior Court of Washington, County of Cowlitz, with one count of theft and three counts of forgery..

NE Indiana Machinists Secretary-Treasurer Pleads Guilty to Embezzlement
Submitted by Carl Horowitz on Fri, 08/31/2012 - 15:57
On August 20, Mark Morgan, secretary-treasurer of International Association of Machinists Local Lodge 2584, pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana to embezzling more than $17,600
·​
Indiana Machinists Local Secretary Indicted for Embezzlement
Submitted by Carl Horowitz on Fri, 07/06/2012 - 14:20
On May 16, Mark Morgan, former secretary-treasurer of International Association of Machinists Lodge 2584, was charged in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana with two counts of embezzling
Ohio Machinists Local Secretary Charged with Embezzlement; Pleads Guilty
Submitted by Carl Horowitz on Tue, 07/03/2012 - 15:06
On June 14, Rachel Lanham, former secretary for Local Lodge 34 of the International Association of Machinists, pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio to embezzlement of $104,876
Michigan Machinists Local Secretary-Treasurer Pleads Guilty
Submitted by Carl Horowitz on Thu, 06/07/2012 - 17:20
On May 10, Renita Dompier, former secretary-treasurer of International Association of Machinists Local Lodge 283, pleaded guilty to embezzling
Machinists Business Agent in Virginia Pleads Guilty to Embezzlement
Submitted by Carl Horowitz on Thu, 06/07/2012 - 16:56
On May 10, Jeff Agee, former business representative for International Association of Machinists Local Lodge 10
Machinists Business Agent in Virginia Charged with Embezzlement
Submitted by Carl Horowitz on Tue, 05/15/2012 - 18:52
On April 25, Jeff Agee, former business representative of International Association of Machinists Lodge 10
Michigan Machinists Treasurer Indicted for Embezzlement
Submitted by Carl Horowitz on Fri, 05/04/2012 - 17:57
On March 14, Renita Dompier, former secretary-treasurer of International Association of Machinists Local Lodge 283
Federal Employees Ex-President in New Mexico Sentenced
Submitted by Carl Horowitz on Fri, 05/04/2012 - 17:17
On March 13, Gloria Porter, former president of National Federation of Federal Employees Local 2049, an affiliate of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers
Central California Machinists Secretary-Treasurer Sentenced for Embezzlement
Submitted by Carl Horowitz on Mon, 03/26/2012 - 18:21
On January 23, Tracy Ford, former secretary-treasurer of International Association of Machinists Lodge 1528
NOW FOR PAGE 3
West Virginia Machinists Local Secretary-Treasurer Sentenced
Submitted by Carl Horowitz on Thu, 02/23/2012 - 19:55
On December 9, Stephen Koski, former secretary-treasurer for Lodge 1027 of the International Association of Machinists charged in June and pleaded guilty in AugustInternational Association of Machinists (IAM)

Machinists Local Secretary-Treasurer in Alabama Indicted
Submitted by Carl Horowitz on Fri, 01/20/2012 - 18:05
On November 1, David Daugette, former secretary-treasurer of International Association of Machinists Local Lodge 2766, was indicted in U.S. District Court For the Northern District of Alabama for embezzling $6,740.03 in funds

lots more!!

Travis what does the corruption of the IAM have to do with the theft of union members
pensions at the hands of the IBT.

Why would anyone at AA care about the IAM.

Our pension is held by AA, and the IBT wants it.
This way they can help either the western forum or the central states plans so that the butchers/bakers/candle stick makers can take our money.

It is not going to work we don't care about the IAM pension it has nothing to do with AA employees.

Oh I forgot maybe the TWU made a deal with the IAM so that they can keep the IAM Pension over at USAir if the IBT looses the election there. That may happen if the Association of the TWU/IAM gets in here at AA.

The TWU would also do what ever to stay here at AA, Now that the IBT has filed.
The TWU is also AA's piggy bank, take from the employees give back to AA for Intl. perks.

All of the industrial unions are corrupt, since Money is such a big factor. (GREED)

Travis what does the corruption of the IAM have to do with the theft of union members
pensions at the hands of the IBT.

Why would anyone at AA care about the IAM.

Our pension is held by AA, and the IBT wants it.
This way they can help either the western forum or the central states plans so that the butchers/bakers/candle stick makers can take our money.

It is not going to work we don't care about the IAM pension it has nothing to do with AA employees.

Oh I forgot maybe the TWU made a deal with the IAM so that they can keep the IAM Pension over at USAir if the IBT looses the election there. That may happen if the Association of the TWU/IAM gets in here at AA.

The TWU would also do what ever to stay here at AA, Now that the IBT has filed.
The TWU is also AA's piggy bank, take from the employees give back to AA for Intl. perks.

All of the industrial unions are corrupt, since Money is such a big factor. (GREED)
If corruption is the IBT's angle on why they should be elected maybe Travis needs to read this http://www.teamster.org/content/independent-review-board . The IBT has been under constant investigation for corruption since the 1990s. You can look up all the hundreds of cases here http://www.irbcases.org/

If corruption is the IBT's angle on why they should be elected maybe Travis needs to read this http://www.teamster....nt-review-board . The IBT has been under constant investigation for corruption since the 1990s. You can look up all the hundreds of cases here http://www.irbcases.org/

Overspeed

At this point I don't care about the IBT corruption either, My main goal is and has always been the betterment of my class and craft.

Now my focus needs to be on what the IBT is going to do with the pension money of all the mechanics here at AA.

I hope to show the IBT supporters here at AA that we will be worse off with the IBT then with the TWU (Toilet Workers Union).

The TWU took the line Locals, then took the line mechanics dues as well. Moved it into one Local so it will be easy for them to snatch it up when they need too.

The TWU and the IAM with this association have plans as well to put my pension if they are allowed into the IAM pension plan. So that the USAir guys will not fight this if the IBT looses over there. (USAir)

Many AA mechanics are just sick and tired of the jacka$$ type of union support we have received since many of us at AA have been employees. Scammers my term for most of the TWU Officers, just out for themselves but that is what the TWU taught the membership. The IGM runs rampant here at AA.

The IBT is going to place us in Locals that are run by grocers/truckers/drivers/butchers/garbagemen.
None of them know squat about my career, or about aviation.

The IBT has made so many promises I can't even count them anymore.

OUR Pension is all we the mechanics have, so it is important to save that for all of AA's mechanics. That means Facilities/automotive/aircraft.

Of all the Industrial unions in MY opinion the IBT is the bottom of the barrel.

The IBT and Outsourcing at UAL

[background=transparent]During bankruptcy at UAL under AMFA there was language added to the contract to audit the company every year to make sure the company would not exceed the 20% outsourcing agreement. Fast forward to 2008 when the IBT became our union. The IBT lost the 20% outsourcing grievance but supposedly continued the audit process. At least that’s what they said. Fast forward again to the present. Under our new contract there would be an outsourcing committee organized with “appointed” committeemen that would meet with the company to review outsourcing.[/background]
[background=transparent]I asked my local IBT officers about who was on the committee and have they met with the company. I asked for any updates on their meetings. I also asked about our 20% outsourcing audit that was supposedly in progress. I also asked about our B757′s being outsourced to AAR in Indianapolis and our B737′s to Mexico. The response?[/background]
[background=transparent]The response by those IBT Airline Division officers were, we were not aware of the outsourcing of those aircraft and no response about who is on the “committee” and when or if they have met with the company. Also, they stated that after five years of IBT representation the 20% outsourcing audits are null and void and the audit company the IBT hired will now have to start over.[/background]
[background=transparent]So long story short, the IBT has no idea how much work is outsourced and appears not to care. In fact they are ignoring the membership’s request for information on this issue.[/background]
[background=transparent]Is this a union you want to lead you through bankruptcy and to fight against outsourcing? I would think not. Don’t make the same mistake we at UAL have made. Go Craft Union.[/background]
[background=transparent]Go AMFA![/background]
[background=transparent]GT Davis, Denver Mechanic, Denmm[/background]

Mechanics for Change
UAL Mechanics Class and Craft
Providing a Democratic Voice for the UAL Mechanics and Related Class and Craft
Teamsters Broken Promises

Continental Mechanics Contract Betrayal 2005

In 2005 Continental Airlines was in concessionary contract negotiations with all its unions.
During the Teamsters mechanic contract negotiations the IBT entered into a stipulation
agreement that mechanics would enter into a concessionary agreement only if all other unions also accepted contract concessions. The mechanics ratified the contract with this condition in place for protection. If any union refused concessions the IBT mechanics concessionary agreement would be null and void.

During negotiations the IAM Continental flight attendants refused to grant concessions to
Continental management.

The IBT mechanic negotiating committee was betrayed and discovered only after ratification
that Teamster union leadership had forced concessions on the mechanics in violation of their written Tentative Agreement.

IBT Chief Steward and Negotiator – Writes an email blasting the Teamsters union leadership for betraying the Continental mechanics and the negotiating committee.
IBT Airline Division Coordinator Don Triechler along with IBT legal council violated the
written agreement and forced the Continental Teamster mechanics to accept concessions and then he pleads with the Continental membership for understanding.
Read IBT Betrays Continental Negotiating Committee 2005 at mechanicsforchange.com.
DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN WITH YOUR CONTRACT AT UNITED.

Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2005 6:19 PM
Subject: Ratified Agreement
All,
It is with great regret that I must write this letter.

As your Chief Steward and member of the Negotiating Committee we put together a T/A with a contingency clause that we would agree to concessions as long as all the other workgroups agreed to theirs.

There was a waiver to that contingency clause proposed to us by the company
in the final days of negotiations. That waiver is in the LOA covering the contingency. The premise was, the company did not want to see the whole deal be defeated should one of the two smaller ( Dispatchers, Flight Simulator) groups not ratify their agreements. It was our understanding that we would not ratify if the bigger (Pilots, Flight Attendants) groups failed to ratify.

At the very least, should one of those groups have not ratified (like the F/A's did not) it would have prompted some discussion as to whether or not we would still want to exercise that waiver, and how we should proceed.

When I awoke this morning and checked my email I saw "Company Bulletin #10". After reading it and realizing that we had exercised that waiver, I was in disbelief. I did not have any e-mail's or phone calls from the IBT to support what I had read in the bulletin. When I checked the IBT website all I found was an announcement from yesterday afternoon that we had ratified our agreement, and in that announcement I also saw that it stated the duration was until March 1, 2009. It's no coincidence that I did not show up at work today until 0845 today. There was no way I could walk into there and expect you to believe me when I had to tell you "I did not know anything about it" If I were you, it would only leave me wondering "what else is he lying to me about".

As I sit here today (Thursday evening) writing this letter there is still nothing on the
IBT website to confirm the IBT has granted the waiver nor clarification on the duration. For all I know he may have agreed to change that also. When we finally got a hold of Don today his explanation was that he did it to protect the strike price for the stock options. Guy's I'm sure you all understand the stock options are no great selling piece. The options that each of you will CAL IBT Chief Steward email -

Betrayed by IBT Airline Director The truth of the matter is, Don Treichler (Airline Director) made the decision on his own to grant the waiver. receive are anywhere from a new hire getting around 56 to a toped out guy getting around 190. At no time has anyone from our group here in CLE shown any great concern over even how many shares they would be getting. I'm sure that's in part, that you all understand how worthless they
really are. I was also told that we (the negotiating committee) don't know what we negotiated in relation to that waiver. That coming from a man that never sit in for one minute of any of our negotiations.

As far as the duration thing goes, I bashed Don when the ballots went out with the
cover sheet that reflected the March 2009 date. His excuse then was that the sheet was provided to him from Steve Greenwell and because of the last minute change by the pilots and our "me too clause" ours changed and he did not have time to correct it, as they had already begun making up the packages that were sent out. He said as long as we were telling everyone of the December 2008 duration that would be alright. When I read the posting on the IBT website from yesterday and it reflects a March 2009 duration I am lead to believe something has changed or he really doesn't have a clue. Personally I tend to believe the latter. I wonder what his excuse will be this time.

Having put forth so much time and effort into tiring to achieve what I feel is the fairest, least
painful, necessary thing that we as an organization and us as a company must do to survive
these turbulent times that our industry is facing, I am disheartened as to how it ended. Not that granting the waiver was necessarily the wrong thing to do, but the way it went about and the lack of communication from the Airline Director, that it was done. The negotiating committee and the business agents have been hammering on Don all day. The
phone number for the Don's office is (310) 645-9860. The phone number for the International is (202) 624-6800, ask for Hoffa or Keegel.

On behalf of the entire Negotiating Committee and Business Agents, I would like to extend my apologies for the way this all played out. Please take the time to call or write the International to express your opinions as I assure you, I will.

The address for the International is:
International Brotherhood of Teamsters
25 Louisiana Ave, NW
Washington, D.C. 20001
Mike Meglich
P.S. I have a scheduled day off tomorrow (Friday), I'm done avoiding you.
CAL IBT Chief Steward email -

Betrayed by IBT Airline Director

Then to be belittled by the airline director that we (the negotiating committee) didn't know what we negotiated was a total insult.

That coming from the man who still probably doesn't know the correct duration of our agreement.

Hello Teamsters, Good Bye PENSIONS! Don't let this happen.

Write In AMFA on your ballot if there is an election called.

http://www.nmb.gov/representation/representation-manual.pdf

All references on the WRITE-IN choice.
It is there, read it.

Internet and telephone voting. (Telephone not recommended)
Ref: 13.201 second paragraph
Ref: 13.203 second and third paragraph
Ref: 13.304-1

Mail Paper Ballots (Similar to Internet voting)
Ref: 14.201 second paragraph
Ref: 14.305-2

It is important to use the WRITE-IN option given to us.
NMB allows it.

WRITE IN AMFA!!!

@ThirdSeatHero

Since the subject of teamster pensions is on the rise again, allow me to post again a video showing exactly why you DON'T want to have the ibt in any way involved with your pension/retirement.

Remember as you watch this....this isn't an AMFA/TWU/IAM organizer speaking ..... this is an ibt International Vice President, who was directly involved in the Central States Plan.

As he says in the video .... "if they can do it to me, they can do it to you"

Spin?

Would that be the way you conveniently forgot to mention the "mistruths" part of your post?

The drive to get out of Central States wasn't led by the UPS members it was pushed by UPS management. The ibt had tried and failed to organize Overnight freight for years, so in exchange for allowing UPS management to pull out of Central States Pension, UPS management agreed to card check for the ibt at Overnight freight.

Just as Fred Gegare stated.

The ibt helped cripple Central states to get members they couldn't at that point organize.

The topic is the teamsters allowing UPS management out of Central States in exchange for card check on Overnite Freight.

What differing perspective does your link provide? I see no refuting of events surrounding the deal the ibt cut with UPS.

You blather away ..... It still does not make it the truth !!!

Where is the LIE?

One of the positives about the Teamsters is the ease in which you can get answers to questions when you take the time to ask. If you go to the contact us page of the AA mechanics for Teamsters website http://www.teamster.org/aamx you get a number of phone numbers and e-mail contacts.

I went fishing for a couple of days but sent an e-mail asking for an explanation to TSH's accusations before I left. Through one of the contacts on the page, I was forwarded a reply from one of the UPS member negotiators who had first hand knowledge of the Central States subject. He was on the negotiating team at the time UPS exited the plan.

The first thing I learned, is that Fred Gragare sits on the Central States board of directors. WTF? No wonder he is looking for a person to point the finger at. Central States has been in trouble for some time and while I am not blaming Mr Gragare, I think it suspect that he play politics with this subject. He mentions in his video that it was the $500 million dollars in benefit contributions that kept Central States alive but never mentions that UPS paid $6.2 BILLION to the plan in order to exit. ;)

Also, according to the reply....

During negotiations UPS made it very clear that they wanted out of the Central States because of the fact that it was struggling. They said they would do whatever it took to get out even offering to pay the 6.2 Billion dollars exit liability in addition to creating a new fund with comparable benefits for the members that it affected. UPS did not want their withdraw liability to continue to increase, nor did they want to risk their employees retirement future.

UPS did not push to get out of any of the other Teamster funds just the struggling Central States. The new fund was created and the members voted for it. For example, the UPS members in my Local are still in my Locals Plan and UPS withdrawing from this plan was never even brought up during the negotiations that I sat on during the same year.

TDU claims that Hoffa let UPS out of the fund and it is going to cause the fund to tank. The fact is the membership allowed UPS out of the fund because they voted for it. The thought among the workers was do we stay in the struggling fund or do we attempt to go into a fresh new fund that would be more stable. Not to speak for Hoffa or the small parcel division but the thoughts were the Central States would be getting a 6.2 billion dollar boost to help the fund. Unfortunately the timing wasn't good and with the market at the time the 6.2 billion didn't seem to help the fund much with the fact that other companies that are party to the fund are struggling such as YRC etc.

Finally, Overnite was notoriously anti union and fought any organized labor group that wanted in. UPS purchased Overnite to be able to be competitive and offer our shippers a much wider range of services. They did not see the same advantage in fighting the Teamsters and in fact realized that cooperation would be needed if they ever wanted the two companies to work together. Having one Union and one Non Union would not be a option for us especially since these former Overnite guys have been coming to us for years wanting to be Teamsters. UPS agreed to card check and they are now Temasters.

There is not any direct relationship between the Central States "Bailout" and the UPS Freight. The only issue was the time relation to the General President election and an easy target to create doubt and controversy. Bottom line, the members wanted a secure future and voted for the change and the members at UPS Freight signed the cards and wanted to become Teamsters. Those that are upset and use this as a talking point are the ones still in the struggling Central States because they feel betrayed since UPS was such a large contributor. UPS and it's Teamster members took advantage of a legal yet expensive opportunity to do what was right for their futures. Would you rather the members were ignored by Hoffa and the Teamster leadership?

If the market would of jumped and the investment returns would've been better; the 6.2 billion withdraw would of been looked at as a great decision. Either way it was the members that voted.

Latest posts

Back