U.S. Airways Flight Enroute to Charlotte

Hey Sparrowhawk-

Here's a tip for you. The A/C system on an Airbus can run HI or LO or anywhere in between all by itself. Plus it has HEPA filters in the system which are changed on schedule.

Stay healthy.

Hey Sparrowhawk-

Here's a tip for you. The A/C system on an Airbus can run HI or LO or anywhere in between all by itself. Plus it has HEPA filters in the system which are changed on schedule.

Stay healthy.

Well somebody had the pedal to the metal on that trip A/C wise. Also I don't recall aircraft type probably was an Airbus. Also this would have been prior to the end of the code share with CO so it was a while back and like you said, mtc under Franke wasn't always perfect.

If something is wrong it needs to be fixed. Art I think it was brought up a good point. Maybe these incidents are related to one facility that might not be following certain procedures. Hey it's a big company and all the more reason to fully investigate the cause so it doesn't continue.

You also have to remember that there is a pool of people out here in cyberspace who believe that Parker would look at a spreadsheet and if it was cheaper to divert and incur those costs than it would be to fix the problem, the problem would go unfixed.

No, actually the costs are figured after the fact. I know you'd like to think there is some big Mexican soap opera going on in Tempe, but that just isn't the fact. The company collects reams of data on everything and then tries to distill that into a plan that can consistently work. When the system goes down (i.e.weather, diversion of a critical airplane with no spares, etc.) it cascades through the operation, So using your imaginary tactics like "divert if it's cheaper" just won't work, so they aren't even tried. They might save a dime, but they are far too difficult to implement (and they would be patently unsafe) so they don't do it.

I hate to burst your bubble, but things here are pretty boring and aside from 3500 idiots on the east, the rest of us try to keep it that way. The system can and should be periodically evaluated and improved, but to suddenly come on the scene and declare that the operation has become drastically unsafe on one side of the operation exclusively, is pretty transparent.

If these diversions are eventually tied to an underground USAPA sanctioned work action (smoking e-mail??) this will be USAPA's swan song and likely the end of many careers. The replacement union will do (and should do) nothing to help them.

PS - How do you manage to have both critics AND no success?

"It is not clear to what degree that fumes exposure contributed to her ill health."

Seriously? You easties are pathetic. You reach and you reach.

Billy Mays died soon after the accident in TPA. How much did that contribute to his death? We responsible for that too?

Give me a g-damn break.
lol what a dbag

Why must you insult dbags in that way?

Something is very, VERY fishy here. I am NOT trying to downplay or pretend the events that have occurred almost every day are not serious. I believe they are, and I believe they have happened.

But why only on flights operated by the east? Doesn't that seem odd to anyone else but myself?

Well maybe America West management is trying to gas the east crews to death... B) There doesn't seem any other way to deal with the east. :p See, in the west, they manage to fire enough people in order to keep the workforce in check. ;) In the east, the superiors are afraid of the workforce, so gassing them sounds like a good first step. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZqeA32Em2s

Well maybe America West management is trying to gas the east crews to death... B) There doesn't seem any other way to deal with the east. :p See, in the west, they manage to fire enough people in order to keep the workforce in check. ;) In the east, the superiors are afraid of the workforce, so gassing them sounds like a good first step. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZqeA32Em2s
Pay no attention to that smoke, it's just an illusion. These pilots are on board!!!! they set off a smoke bomb in flt!!! :lol: :lol: Luv you westies!!!! wonder if the pax were told they were exposed to very TOXIC fumes? What to you think Yellowman?? :p :p

Complete BS post.

Prove it! Let's see the documentation.

Let's compare and contrast in the clear light of day.

See when you lie to your customers like Parker and Kirby have then you can't wring your hands in anguish when some turn on you in a big way. As ye sow, so shall ye reap.

I hope that the toxic fumes don't make it to west aircraft. This situation is real and needs to be treated as such. As for crew being taken to the hospital and not passengers FIRST I'm not so sure I believe that as ANYTHING around here can be twisted and covered up and SECOND why is it that when standing in the back galley during engine fireup the back galley gets the fumes the worst? There has been a flight attendant that died from this and others with permanent nerve damange and respiratory issues that will NEVER go away. Some of you are telling me that this isn't real? For ALL OF YOU that believe this isn't a true issue and disrespect the individuals that have been exposed I wish you NOTHING less than you being locked in a cabin full of toxic fumes on the brink of death. Only THEN may you idiots understand. Maybe this only happens on the east fleet because the company is purposely trying to gas them away. Sounds as ridiculous as saying it doesn't exist huh? Morons.

Back