UA announced today new BOB program for Transatlantic flights

I hope that US management will not follow UA in this ............

Customers in UB will receive complimentary beverages and BOB offering.

Staffing will be adjusted to FAA minimums.

Buy on Board Offered Out of IAD, ORD to Europe

Replacing complimentary meals in UE with BOB fresh and snack box
offerings.

Economy staffing breakpoints for all aircraft will be adjusted to current
North America BOB staffing guidelines.

Eliminate Second Service in p.s. Market

Removing the pre-arrival snack service and replacing with a beverage service
in response to flight attendant and customer feedback.

First of all, you need to post the facts, you are all wrong!!!! Go back and re-read and then post... There will be different options available for purchase on flights to EUROPE, out of IAD ONLY --- NOT ORD!!!!! Business class on international will receive business class service as well as first class (in fact it has been enhanced dramatically)... IN NORTH AMERICA ON 3 CLASS A/C United Business will receive a BOB offering... NOT on international and not out of ORD, just out of IAD TO EUROPE in COACH... SFO, LAX, SEA, ORD I assume will follow normal procedures as well as HNL...
I dont know why you think it is so traumatic USFAN? US doesn't have a 3 class domestic a/c anywhere to be found or international for that matter, as well as Delta.. IMO you get what you pay for, your ticket doesn't cover the cost to run the operation then you should pay for your drink your bag your snack your food and anything else extra... Your ticket should only cover the seat that your butt sits in, and now it doesnt even cover that, so charge away...

When people actually start deserting US in droves
for better foreign carriers the sand castle will only
notice declining revenues and maybe get some clue.
Past experience would suggest otherwise, with renewed attention to reducing costs their only response.

Hi-C, I agree that the UA move is very specific, but I think that your punch is spiked. Given the aviation environment that all pax are flying in, my ears also pricked up when I hear of UA's move, even if UA is only (presently) talking about IAD to Europe and domestic business class. Airlines behave like lemmings following each other over the aviation cliff for years, so I think lots of pax should be keeping their eye on this thing. UA and all of the other carriers are gonna watch this test balloon and see how it flies with pax.

Presently the majors are all lined up like a pack of dogs with their nose sticking in the ass of the dog in front of them. They are necessarily focusing upon how to survive in this tough environment. But making everything a la carte is not necessarily the best move for pax flying TA or coast-to-coast. Sure, the airlines would like to pass the buck, but pax gotta react and show airlines where the buck stops. This is especially so given that we pax already know that higher prices and even less service loom on the horizon.

I myself would walk away from US if they make this move for the simple reason that their ops have been crap for a long time. I appreciate the new focus upon on-time with bags, but just because US gets in a couple of decent quarters doesn't mean that they're gonna stick to this sort of product/performance. It might provide a convenient excuse to abdicate themselves from yet another customer service, but if I'm gonna have it stuck to me, I'll decide which carrier gets to do it as it's not gonna be Tempe. Mr. Isom and certainly Kirby would love to "train" your pax to accede to this sort of stuff. But I'm still looking for a product and will travel up the turnpike to find it if this is how the TA game is gonna be played.

Barry

I've never flown trans-atlantic in coach on US, so I have no idea what they serve in the back.

Would customers really be willing to pay for it?

Why not just sign a contract with Banquet or something and sell TV dinners on board? These suckers are cheap, can probably arrive frozen in the plane, toss'em in the warmers/heaters, and be more filling than what's presently being offered, and make a buck or two.

TV-diner.jpg

chickenfingers1.jpg

BOB?? they are offering battery operated boyfriends on Trans atlantic flights? that ought to be interesting :lol:

Latest posts