ual mech. new deal

paul1

Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
CHICAGO , Nov. 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines, a wholly owned subsidiary of United Continental Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: UAL - News), and the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT) today announced that they reached a tentative agreement on a labor contract for mechanics at United.

"We are pleased we could reach an agreement that recognizes the hard work of our co-workers," said Jim Keenan , senior vice president of technical operations for United. "This agreement is an essential step toward aligning our mechanic employees and getting a joint agreement for both our United and Continental mechanics."

The agreement covers approximately 5,500 United mechanics and related employees located throughout the United States . Continental mechanics represented by the IBT ratified their collective bargaining agreement in November of 2010

CHICAGO , Nov. 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines, a wholly owned subsidiary of United Continental Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: UAL - News), and the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT) today announced that they reached a tentative agreement on a labor contract for mechanics at United.

"We are pleased we could reach an agreement that recognizes the hard work of our co-workers," said Jim Keenan , senior vice president of technical operations for United. "This agreement is an essential step toward aligning our mechanic employees and getting a joint agreement for both our United and Continental mechanics."

The agreement covers approximately 5,500 United mechanics and related employees located throughout the United States . Continental mechanics represented by the IBT ratified their collective bargaining agreement in November of 2010

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't the ibt throw out the IAM/AMFA contract and format to mirror the cal contract?
B)

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't the ibt throw out the IAM/AMFA contract and format to mirror the cal contract?
B)

Yes they did and we have been played. This stinks of collusion here. I am a no vote and I have made this clear with our local negotiators. GT

Any details yet on your tentative agreement, besides the highlights letter that came out on Friday 11/11/11?
We're wondering here at AA how it compares to our current negotiations.

Any details yet on your tentative agreement, besides the highlights letter that came out on Friday 11/11/11?
We're wondering here at AA how it compares to our current negotiations.

You can go to The-UALMechanics.com to view the rejected TA. It's pretty much the same except for the buy out, bonus and we keep medical. Also we remain the same holidays, 75% sick for first seven days. It's a #### sandwich if you will and it will pass. GT

You can go to The-UALMechanics.com to view the rejected TA. It's pretty much the same except for the buy out, bonus and we keep medical. Also we remain the same holidays, 75% sick for first seven days. It's a #### sandwich if you will and it will pass. GT
Thanks for the info. So under the new T/A, is your retiree medical funded by unused sick leave?

Just a little info: Our current contract at AA allows the mehanics to have 5 days a year and the first two are .50.

It's a #### sandwich

Don't worry, you'll get em 'next time'... :p
Good Luck Guys N' Gals!

B) xUT