Ual Mechanics Say No More!

Congrats UAL, FINALLY someone is showing some backbone. What we need now is 100% support of UAL across the system. If UAL goes out, WE ALL GO OUT!!!!

That, FWAAA, would show them!

seed said:
Congrats UAL, FINALLY someone is showing some backbone. What we need now is 100% support of UAL across the system. If UAL goes out, WE ALL GO OUT!!!!

[post="243305"][/post]​

Happy to see a 'Good Seed'!!!

Take Care,
B) UAL_TECH

I'd given up in despair that any union would have the guts it takes to stand up to what's happening to the airline professions. I'm so proud of the mechanics! They've taken a stand on their dignity and air safety.

Now, will CWA-AFA come out in support? If there was ever a time to stand together, my friends, this is it!

I've been very queasy about maintenance being outsourced to foreign countries, putting my safety and the safety of our customers at risk. Can anyone, other than the fat cats in management sit back and let this happen?

I hope CWA-AFA doesn't come out with some lame, idiotic statement saying that AMFA is not AFL-CIO and therefore we "can't" support them.

I hope the fine people at every independent union will give their support in this most crucial time!

I'm so proud of you men and women. How can I help? Please PM me.

Dea Certe

Where are the TWU stooges that have been pounding their chest about "AMFA Concessions" at United Airlines?

Seems they are as quiet as a church mice regarding this issue now that someone took a stand.

I wonder if Jim Little can pull a "without further ratification" at UAL and assist airline management in further destruction of the profession?

seed said:

[post="243305"][/post]​

Why dont you see what Jim Little has to say about that?

I said the same thing back when UAL was IAM and Jim Little demanded that I retract the statement. I of course refused.

The TWU will never do anything to annoy AA management and risk their $3.1 million a year bonus they get from the company.

Dea Certe said:
I'd given up in despair that any union would have the guts it takes to stand up to what's happening to the airline professions. I'm so proud of the mechanics! They've taken a stand on their dignity and air safety.

Now, will CWA-AFA come out in support? If there was ever a time to stand together, my friends, this is it!

I've been very queasy about maintenance being outsourced to foreign countries, putting my safety and the safety of our customers at risk. Can anyone, other than the fat cats in management sit back and let this happen?

I hope the fine people at every independent union will give their support in this most crucial time!

I'm so proud of you men and women. How can I  help? Please PM me.

Dea Certe
[post="243324"][/post]​

Good to see you back Dea!

I hope CWA-AFA doesn't come out with some lame, idiotic statement saying that AMFA is not AFL-CIO and therefore we "can't" support them.

If they do, which they will come under tremendous pressure from the AFL-CIO to do, meaning they probably will, ask them if the APFA is affiliated. The APFA is a union that raided the TWU in the mid 70s. Why the hypocrisy? Didnt the AFA and TWU welcome the support of the APFA a few weeks back? Didnt the TWU form a coalition with the APFA to get concessions?, although a few years earlier TWU ATD Director Little tried to prohibit us from supporting the APFA during their contract negotiations. (We could stick together and support each other for concessions but not for raises.)

Over at SWA the VP of the pilots union told me that the AFL-CIO unions were adamant about excluding the AMFA represented mechanics from the coalition they were forming. He claimed that even though their name was on the letterhead blasting AMFA that the pilots of SWA (an independant union) had nothing against the mechanics or their desire to form a mechanics only union and that they only signed the letter under pressure from the other unions. The AFL-CIO will join with Independant unions, just not independant unions like AMFA that expose how useless the IAM and TWU are to airline workers.

For some reason these AFL-CIO unions hate the idea of transparant, democratic, accountable unions. Their irrational hatred of AMFA is so intense that it blinds them of their duty to their own members. You will have an uphill battle trying to get your union to support them even though the CWA is a very progressive union. I hope you can convince your members that we all have a stake in this.

UAL_TECH said:
Happy to see a 'Good Seed'!!!

Take Care,
B) UAL_TECH
[post="243309"][/post]​

Way to go UAL AMTs and Related! It is comforting to see AMTs take a stand when they have a union that will back them up! AMFA backed NWA AMTs and now they continue to support our craft at UAL. If only the twu would "change from within"! Ha! What a laugh.

Hey little and all the other unelected twu international officials... take a look at AMFA! That is how to take a concessionary vote. AND A STRIKE VOTE TO BOOT! My Lord, little would cough up a hair ball the size of kirk wells shaved head if he ever told AA management that he was forced to take a strike vote at AA.

Good luck UAL AMTs and Related. I certainly support you all and will continue to do so. If only the mice at USAir could stand up like men and say no more to concessions.

seed said:

[post="243305"][/post]​

I paid my twu local a visit today to make sure they heard the news and stated that we need to support these guys 100%. Guess what they said, "not in their lifetime, the Intl would not allow it."

Screw them I say, I'll do it myself. Getting the picket permits and baseball bats come Monday because it is time to go to war.

AMFAMAN, be careful about that word(s) "baseball bat" :shock: . It got me kicked off this board for a week. :D Some people get offended by the "littlest" of things! :p

Decision 2004 said:
Where are the TWU stooges that have been pounding their chest about "AMFA Concessions" at United Airlines?

Seems they are as quiet as a church mice regarding this issue now that someone took a stand.

I wonder if Jim Little can pull a "without further ratification" at UAL and assist airline management in further destruction of the profession?
[post="243325"][/post]​

O.K. decision, I'll take a stab at it. I have four question's for you!

1. How many of the UAL/amfa members that were eligible to vote actually voted?

2. What are the percentages of those voting to support a Strike?

3. If Judge Wedoff abrogates the UAL/amfa agreement. Will the members of the amfa, lose their rights to the Railway Labor Act?

4. The amfa, has made it known that they are a "Stand Alone" association, outside of the AFL-CIO community. Why now, do their supporters expect the support of the AFL-CIO affiliated Union's for their latest endeavor?????? :huh:

amfa: The YUGO of the labor movement
Where bargaining means YOU GO....!

High Speed Steel said:
O.K. decision, I'll take a stab at it. I have four question's for you!

1. How many of the UAL/amfa members that were eligible to vote actually voted?

2. What are the percentages of those voting to support a Strike?

3. If Judge Wedoff abrogates the UAL/amfa agreement. Will the members of the amfa, lose their rights to the Railway Labor Act?

4. The amfa, has made it known that they are a "Stand Alone" association, outside of the AFL-CIO community. Why now, do their supporters expect the support of the AFL-CIO affiliated Union's for their latest endeavor?????? :huh:

amfa: The YUGO of the labor movement
Where bargaining means YOU GO....!
[post="243410"][/post]​

Answer to #1 - What difference does that make as long as each member was given the right to cast a ballot? I would bet there is no evidence that 3200+ did not even get a pin number to vote like the TWU so-called ratification. If the member fails to cast a ballot, who is to blame for that? You are so used to being lead around by that ring in your nose, you don't even understand what membership responsibility and accountability means anymore.

Answer to #2 - Obviously a majority, which is required by most unions, except the TWU, which will just have the leadership sign-off without further ratification to appease management. You're really grasping for something to be dissapppointed in, you cannot believe the UAL mechanics are not as afraid as you. Why dont you click on over to the AMFAnuts website. where I am sure they have some bogus posted number over there for you to grasp and run with. You can than bang your drum, based on that highly credible source and that will give you the excuse NOT to support the UAL mechanic in their fight.

Answer to #3 - Rights under the Railway Labor Act? Last I checked the RLA was very restrictive towards self help and the union worker. What rights under this law do you feel favor the worker in the present situation that could possibly be lost? Most union men understand that to resolve the current demise "law breaking" of some type is likely to be required. You on the other hand believe the RLA which favors management and status-quo is a workers right? OK, whatever, next time you are offended by being called a moron, then think back to this question. It is only the fearful sheep in Tulsa Oklahoma that worry about the law and have no backbone to take a stand. Don't you read? AMFA is stating that if the judge abbrogates the contract, that GIVES THEM THE RIGHT TO STRIKE. What part of union dont you understand?

Answer to #4 - Most real union workers are not scabs and support union workers, it is only the TWU that will find any excuse NOT to support workers taking a stand. By the Way, where is the AFL-CIO and any of their affiliated unions taking a stand to stop the lowering of pay and benefits within the industry? Try getting outside the 46 mile Tulsa Base Sheep Zone, and get a clue about real unionism. Every other UNION (APA, APFA) on American Airlines property is NOT affiliated with the AFL-CIO, and they appear to be doing much better than the TWU. Why is that?

The AMTs at AA did not have enough balls to vote a contract down. Does anyone out there think they would even consider a strike vote. I sincerely doubt it. Hats off to the men at UAL :up: . Thumbs down to the mice at AA :down:

I paid my twu local a visit today to make sure they heard the news and stated that we need to support these guys 100%. Guess what they said, "not in their lifetime, the Intl would not allow it."

Did you expect a different answer from the company union. The only thing the twu supports is dues money and degrading the profession of the AMT and THAT IS A FACT :down:

Latest posts