Union Letter To Lakefield

Bravos to the IAM for having the balls to take a stand. This company is so ripe with waste and mismanagement they refuse to accept responsibility or accountability for losses. They have one goal..to make money for themselves and climb the ladder to the top. Clean your own house first before you start telling someone else their house needs cleaning. The Inventory Management department is a classic case of throwing money out the door. If I cost the company thousands of dollars everyday, I would not have my job very long, yet I see daily money that is thown out the door because of oversales. Last week a family of 4 came to the counter with vouchers issued in Madrid for being bumped from flights. They volunteered for three days to give up their seats for cash payment of $600 each. We wrote them a checks for a total of $7,200. not bad money for getting paid to get off a flight for three days and get your hotel and meals paid. And that is is one very small example of the waste the company can correct.

Maybe, just maybe its never been about saving U.....UM just had to launch MidAtlantic regardless, Maybe if U goes BK again. MidA buys the best assets for pennies on the million and launches its own LCC just like AtlanticCoast/Independence Air. Stranger things have happened, it allows an all new hire pay and benefit scale with probably lots of experinced new hires. After al, its not like there's any big hiring rush in avation. (Except for the Military--there some good pay and benefits, hummm!!!) At least with call centers/customer service there's always somewhere hiring. :angry: :eek: :angry: :( :angry:

'Scum, you are exactly right!

What is the SOLE thing the Palace has done over the past ten years to cut costs?

Go after the employees!

That HAS BEEN the vision, IS the vision, and WILL BE the vision.

Cutting labor has been the only constant at U. Why expect it to change?

The BK thing is the ONLY way to decimate a senior work force without getting the a$$ sued off you for age discrimination.

Dio: You make alot of sense. I predict U will not be around 10 years from now. There will be a "new" so called MAA that will have taken the place. There are too many gluttons who have been "trying" (for their own egos and self gratification/pocket lining) who have been running this company. I have yet to see anyone of these so called idiots have any vision. They make me utterly sick and I have zero respect for the LITTLE dicks in CCy. :down:

ktflyhome said:
7 They make me utterly sick and I have zero respect for the LITTLE dicks in CCy. :down:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

KT, my neighbors heard me laughing my a$$ off when I read that!

You know, it COULD be that simple! ;)

ktflyhome said:
I predict U will not be around 10 years from now.
Well I believe that's a pretty safe bet. Mortgage the house, sell your car and put down some serious money on that one.

I might change the ten years to ten months though. Maybe we should start a pool as to the filing date for Bankruptcy II, the sequel. Coming soon to an airport near you...

Guess what, though.... BK2 will NOT be "labor friendly" :shock: :blink:

Last one out, turn out the lights.

I need an f'n vacation. What's the number for Jet Blue?

Peace & love,

D