Upfront Fares

If this goes systemwide hopefully the company will add an upgrade to the kiosk that will allow the passenger to list, and to select the credit card that they would like to use if they clear the list. That would cut down on the gate agents processing time and save more money.

TomBascom said:
I'm assuming that you really mean "all tickets" which, I agree, is a very wonderful thing.
Sorry I wasnt more clear. Any customer ticket can be upgraded from what I've read. This means employee nonrev (company, buddy pass, ID90, etc) and employee space positives are not included in this since they will upgrade the normal non rev way after anyone with a "revenue" ticket even if it has 0 value ( like awards and RTFCs that are currently booked in X class and are non upgradeable now.)

Personally, I think it will work regardless of duration of flight. I really don't think $150 to $200 is too much to ask in the longer haul markets. They rarely go with an empty seat in first anyway. Most of the FFs are scrambling for First. They get it for free if available. The point is this - too many people call in and ask if they can pay and upgrade - to not pay attention - especially on those RFTCs we so willingly give out. If they are willing to upgrade for money, why not make money on a "free" ticket? No revenue vs. no revenue. Which will win. I think this is one of the more intelligent decisions management has made.

Tom,

Most new endeavors are tested in certain markets. If the company feels they're not making enough money you never hear about it. If the company feels revenue is readily available, you will see a posting on the web or in your next e-statement.

Good news! The test is expanding and will include all the Florida cities for a couple of weeks. The numbers on the 4 test cities was good and they want to see what the other Florida markets can do I guess. Expanded tests start Feb 12.

Latest posts