US/AA applies to serve BDA from CLT and MCO.

I'm curious about Orlando-Bermuda.   Bermuda has a tiny population and I don't see many residents of Bermuda hankering to go to Orlando.   Would these flights be geared more for Brits who flew to BDA and also want to tag on a trip to Orlando as well?   AA already serves Bermuda from MIA, with convenient connections to MCO.   Or has Orlando grown so much that its residents want to get away to Bermuda every now and then and are willing to pay nonstop fares for that privilege?   Seems like an odd point to point route to me.   

Back right after the PI/US merger they flew a 767 from PHL and or BWI to BDA.

WorldTraveler said:
There are alot of high income retirees in Florida who travel.
That's true, but not a single one (of the many I know) will drive from Miami Beach or Boca Raton or West Palm or Fort Lauderdale or Naples or even the Tampa metro area to the Orlando airport so they can fly to Bermuda.   Most of the money that's retiring to Florida isn't moving to the suburbs of Orlando.   

My question is that MCO isn't a hub for new AA and I'm not smart enough to recognize the consistent money-making typical passengers for such an oddball flight (even if that's obvious to everyone else).   Even jetBlue, with a big presence in Orlando, isn't flying to BDA from MCO.      

I remember when US flew  BOS BDA with 734s before the 320s arrived and I remember them diverting to ACK  often due to cross winds in BDA, US also had BWI BDA that was later transfered to DCA BDA...having family living in BDA, they tell me that MCO is very popular vacation spot(disney Im guessing) but also MBJ and CUN are popular.

FWAAA said:
I'm curious about Orlando-Bermuda.   Bermuda has a tiny population and I don't see many residents of Bermuda hankering to go to Orlando.   Would these flights be geared more for Brits who flew to BDA and also want to tag on a trip to Orlando as well?   AA already serves Bermuda from MIA, with convenient connections to MCO.   Or has Orlando grown so much that its residents want to get away to Bermuda every now and then and are willing to pay nonstop fares for that privilege?   Seems like an odd point to point route to me.   

Oddly, there are a fair number of Bermudans and Americans who have vacation homes at the other end of the flight.  BDA is also a large tourist destination in itself, and Orlando has a large catchment base of residents who like to NOT vacation in Orlando.