AFA Labor Relations Thread 12/30-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
After 300 plus posts, I guess it's time for a new thread for AFA. As a reminder this thread is for discussion of labor related issues, union-management relations etc.

There is another AFA thread for discussion of working conditions, cabin service issues, etc.

Thank you and we wish you all a Happy Healthy and SECURE New Year!

POST BY THEFLYONTHEWALL
Shame on you for not seeing the bigger picture. The reserves on this property are big enough to decide for themselves if they want to work on their INV days or not. Just because this was signed as a side letter doesn't mean any reserve would of taken advantage of it. So what relief is there for the company if no one made themselves AVL on an INV day? Who cares what motivated the company this isn't about the company, this is about providing some much needed economical relief for the reserves on this property outside of a single agreement. Which obviously the union has decided they will not negotiate either. This was completely VOLUNTARY on behalf of the reserves there was no guarantee of relief for the company on days they needed it. What fools we have making decisions on our behalf.

Flyonthewall it is obvious that you need to be swatted with a flyswatter. You obviously are not a reserve. We can already pick up time off of the AIL on our off days. Yes the time goes into our guarantee but the problem is with the LTO order we do not get called. We should not have to give up our days off to make our time that we should and used to make when we are on call. This proposal was going to do nothing to benefit reserves. If the company wants to give economic relief to the reserves then (1) get rid of the LTO system and let them fly by their seniority, (2) up the reserves guarantee, (3) lift the restrictions for picking up ETB trips, (4) give raises. The list can go on. You should bid reserve for several months and become more familiar with Section 11 in the Flight Attendant agreement.
The pilot made an agreement similar for the company a while back and it is a nightmare for them. So before you believe in the information or I should say lack of information with regards to reserves live in our shoes for awhile.

Did my eyes fool me or did I read that Councill 66 sent $3,000 on a Band for their christmas party

from the e-line
Fifth Annual Final America West Christmas Party a Success!

The Fifth Annual Final America West Christmas Party, sponsored by AFA Council 66 and held on December 16th, was a success attracting almost 400 flight attendants and pilots and providing entertainment and fun for the holidays.

Following are the statistics on this year’s party:

Income

144 advance tickets sold raising 1,440.00

239 tickets sold at the door raising 3,107.00

383 total purchased tickets raising 4,547.00

Expenses

3000.00 on the Band people enjoyed so much someone even took off their clothes.

1500.00 on Catering from Kerry’s Kitchen owned by flight attendant Michael Flake. 127.00 on the printing of the tickets

30.00 on packaging materials for gift cards etc.

All other expenses of the Party were taken care of by the overwhelming generosity of many great people. Final Council cost was $110.

Eventhought they only went in the hole by $110. I would have serious considered pre sales and total risk involved $3,000 just for the band WOW.

Could it be that they had a really good idea how many tickets would sell? Sorry but this is not a big issue.

The Holiday party is a tradition at council 66. Last year was an amazing success - same band - they were great! :) $110 is nothing compared to the fun had by all who attended. Perhaps the Easties might enjoy a holiday party too? We'll need a new tradition once we're on one contract afterall. :)

How does one post pictures on this site? My friend sent me a funny one today that I thought you guys would get a kick out of.

Night-O.

Gosh ...is it me or do you think it was just stupid to put in this letter for all to see that someone had such a wonderful time that they took their clothes off?

Please don't get me wrong.....I'm no prude however I thought it was stupid to put this in an AFA newsletter.

Stupid.

I am so sick of Management because its a one way trip no one responds we are very tired and believe me NO ONE CARES........................

Flyonwall for the union to agree on a side letter when we are in the middle of contract negotations is nuts. As I stated in a past post you need to be swatted.

LOL one in the same. You need to be swatted with a fly swatter!!!!

No, not one and the same at all. You need to be swatted for your obvious lack of reading comprehension.

There are TWO different posters with very similar names. You keep calling me out for anothers poster's post. If you take your time and read, you'll see my opinion is completely opposite from the poster you are disagreeing with. I'm annoyed that you keep connecting my name to an opinion that is not mine.

So stop. This should not be a difficult concept for you, I'm not sure how I can make this more clear to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts