US Airways 1st quarter results

I must admit that I approached this thread cautiously while peeking through my fingers. I didn't know what monster loss would await.

I was pleased to see a profit. It is a wonderful thing and it is a word I haven't seen announced by LCC or U since 2000 I believe.

Is there more to the story behind the numbers... there always is more BUT I like the positive spin this will have in the financial community.

Finally something to smile about! The numbers are all trending in the right direction. Kudos to everyone....maybe we cal all breath a little sigh of relief (for once).

Slice it anyway you want...The first quarter is traditionally the toughest. Small profit excluding all the gobblie gook, small loss including all the gobblie gook...either way this is a major accomplishment considering all the bleeding that has occurred in the airline industry. This is great news and is a strong indication we (US Airways) are headed in the right direction. ;)

I'm sure I will take heat, but this is all on the back of the employees who have gave & gave. Sorry I can't get to excited. Lets give the employees pay back.

And the profits continue to rise, you will get money back in the form of profit sharing. Won't it be nice if we report a very healthy profit in the 2nd and 3rd quarters and the profit sharing kicks in and you get an even larger "bonus" then the 50.00 performance incentive?

What are the triggers for the profit sharing to kick in? (I full realize that it is to early to be talking profit sharing, but just curious.)

I'm sure I will take heat, but this is all on the back of the employees who have gave & gave. Sorry I can't get to excited. Lets give the employees pay back.
Your union has already agreed to no raise or a minute raise at best. There was no snapback clause(usually expected in concessionary contracts) for when conditions change. You can thank your iam. :huh:

You people need to read the fine print.

They made a profit on an accounting change and Excluding Special Items.

Add the special items in and there is no profit.

Thank you MR IAM for the rosy outlook! :down: :down: :down:

The report said employees have been given bonuses for 6 consecutive months. How much has that worked out to be as a percentage of your normal payroll?

Well, I, for one, am SHOCKED! And you are right, this was acheived off the backs of the line employees that gave and gave and gave. We continue to give our best each day and after a few quarters of profits, there HAD better be raises for us all!

LCC beat the "street" estimates by 21 cents...that is huge. In most cases,(A rule of thumb)when a stock "beats" the "street" estimates, it continues to do so for two or three quarters. Don't get too wrapped up in the reported numbers, just look at the Wall Street estimates vs. the reported numbers. Let Wall Street do the master-minding for you and you won't get a headache. Very, very good news.

kudos to all of us USAIR and USAIR EXPRESS and all for a job well done. It may have been a small profit depending on how you look at it, it is still a profit! Way to go and keep up the excellent work

Latest posts