US Airways Flights To Brazil Begin December 2, 2009

Keeping my fingers crossed they start the festivities in PHL!
What difference would it make to a passenger boarding in CLT whether the crew originated in CLT or PHL? I don't see the appeal with being on the innaugural flight on a 20 year old 767 anyway. PHL-TLV on the 332 would be far more worthwhile (or...are you going on that one too??)

What difference would it make to a passenger boarding in CLT whether the crew originated in CLT or PHL? I don't see the appeal with being on the innaugural flight on a 20 year old 767 anyway. PHL-TLV on the 332 would be far more worthwhile (or...are you going on that one too??)

I wish! No, I won't be on that flight unfortunately. I will be in PHX, and normally it wouldn't be a bad thing, but I really wanted to check out the A332 in person while it still has that new plane smell. Haha!

Regarding the originating question. I'm just asking, because I'm wondering if the crew will start working in PHL all the way thru CLT to GIG, because if there's a delay there will be little room for error, because the crew will time out, NO? Also, will the same crew head back to CLT that evening? Apparently other airline give their crews a dayroom at the hotel to sleep and send them back the USA the same evening! Scary!

-Kinglobjaw

I will be in PHX, and normally it wouldn't be a bad thing, but I really wanted to check out the A332 in person while it still has that new plane smell. Haha!

I'm curious, how do you get access to the A332? Are you an employee or what?

Just wondering if the outbound flight crews originate in CLT or PHL? I know the flight CLT-GIG will be crewed by PHL based employees, but will they originate in PHL and work both PHL-CLT and CLT-GIG that same evening?

I'm going to route ORD-PHL-CLT-GIG on the outbound so I'm curious. Keeping my fingers crossed they start the festivities in PHL!

-Kinglobjaw

Not PHL crews... new CLT Intl. base will do GIG

I'm curious, how do you get access to the A332? Are you an employee or what?
What I understood him to be saying was that he wishes he were on the innaugural TLV flight, where he would get that 'new plane smell'.

I wish! No, I won't be on that flight unfortunately. I will be in PHX, and normally it wouldn't be a bad thing, but I really wanted to check out the A332 in person while it still has that new plane smell. Haha!

Regarding the originating question. I'm just asking, because I'm wondering if the crew will start working in PHL all the way thru CLT to GIG, because if there's a delay there will be little room for error, because the crew will time out, NO? Also, will the same crew head back to CLT that evening? Apparently other airline give their crews a dayroom at the hotel to sleep and send them back the USA the same evening! Scary!

-Kinglobjaw
Rumor has it that CLT will be a 757/767 international crew base again this autumn, servicing Paris and Rio.

Better alert PK now in Inflight Admin. Mr Staffing and Performance will have a nervous breakdown on offering transfers. :rolleyes: Has not gotten it right in 6 years why start now a? Hector would be well advised to correct that "issue"

Rumor has it that CLT will be a 757/767 international crew base again this autumn, servicing Paris and Rio.
Paris is seasonal, so I guess we will see it next summer, Great news for Rio. I wonder if that will be a short layover or long. Both flights are redeyes, so it will either be a 12 layover or 36. I hope 36.

Paris is seasonal, so I guess we will see it next summer, Great news for Rio. I wonder if that will be a short layover or long. Both flights are redeyes, so it will either be a 12 layover or 36. I hope 36.
I'm not fully versed on the contract and legalities of a minimum layover, but if they can get away with only giving you 12, then why would the company be compelled to give a 36 hour layover?

But the layover is actually less. Arrives 1115am, departs 1055pm. So, that's 11 hrs, 40 minutes. When does the clock start for your rest period, and how long is it? Does it start when the wheels are chocked and the door opens to the time the door closes again (on your return leg)?

I believe the rest requirements for RIO will have to fall under the current transatlantic minimum. I don't believe they will be able to go any shorter. Not a doubt in my mind that the company will try Lord knows. It's still over a body of water and a hell of a long flight. I don't think 12 hours will satisfy the FAA minimum rest.

I flew AA last year from DFW-EZE and spoke with the flight crew. They mentioned it was a brutal trip because they arrive at 7:50 AM and depart later that night at 9:35 PM...about a 13.5 hr lay over. So I assmume we will do something similar with clt-gig.

On a side note, the first and second checked bags will be free on this flight.