US Airways May Liquidate :

Hello:

Nobody has lost sight of the fact the FSA/CSA employees had their pension frozen. In fact, ALPA would jump at that opportunity.

Chip

i am much weary of all the sink the ship banter since sometime last year.this scenario has worn me and many others to the point of extinction.i wish to move on if it will not work here....but i will not until it ends.it will not end by my hand...if you skyboyz want to end it do so...i'm anxiously waiting in the wings.

Realy? where were you then. Where was your sense of fair play when no one was touching your slice of the pie, Hmmm?????

DELETED you woudn't jump on the opportunity to help others when you we're cutting deals in 92, and it's not very likely you would today. Please get off the GOD syndrome. Yeh, your getting the screws put to you like every one else has. Perhaps ours took place in the past, when you we're cutting deals. Or when parity worked for your group and no one else. But today unfortunately it's you... How does it feel, to be on your own. like a rolling stone. A complete unknown. Grow up. Deal with it. SAVE THE AIRLINE FOR THE OTHER 30 THOU. REMEMBER YOUR OWN MANTRA!!!!!!!

Simple fact;

At this point the management's decision on this pension issue will either sink or save this airline. Not the pilot's decision. The management's. Period. If you don't understand that you are living in a cave.

mr

wake up,super dave will not shut this airline doown(me irish broughe)too much to be made here.the pilots won't get what they want but it will be livable none the less.remember,the art of negotiating isn't always getting what you want but getting something between the two.

Kilo:

ALPA will not show the company who the boss is. Management is the boss. You are again attempting to place the blame on this fiasco at the pilot's feet. Management holds the key to the resolution of this problem. Management. Why is it you don't understand that? They made the commttment. They are reneging and yet it is we who are at fault. Yeah, that makes sense. Put on some sunglasses when you come out of that cave. The sun will give you a headache.

mr

you give management way to much credit. They don't hold the key to anything...you don't need to be a genius to run an airline.
Unfortunately this business is such a cash cow, it attracts some of the greediest CEOs and Union leaders in business today.
You act like your an outside vendor trying to make a company pay on debt...but the fact is your claim is worthless without a company.
Maybe they are reneging...who knows for sure what ALPA and the company discussed on this issue months ago...but the company is stuck with a 7
year business plan and in the end, the judge could care less what makes it work.
Take your sunglasses off and look at what you do have (as opposed to always looking at what you don't have) and you'll probably your in the
top 5% of the country's earners..

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/24/2003 1:05:10 PM mrplanes wrote:

Kilo:

ALPA will not show the company who the boss is. Management is the boss. You are again attempting to place the blame on this fiasco at the pilot's feet. Management holds the key to the resolution of this problem. Management. Why is it you don't understand that? They made the commttment. They are reneging and yet it is we who are at fault. Yeah, that makes sense. Put on some sunglasses when you come out of that cave. The sun will give you a headache.

mr
----------------
[/blockquote]
Dude says chill out dude...
10.gif']

Actually the airline industry is an extrordinarily unprofitable industry. If you back out the government relief that the government gave the airline industry post 9/11, over the last ten years the iindustry has earned a negative return on investment.

Heck why go back ten years. You can ride that argument all the way back to the Wright brothers in 1903. This industry has been a perrenial blackhole for earnings & profitability. Sure it can generate a lot of cash during the good times, but the grim reaper of high fixed and operating costs is always breathing heavy on the back of its neck. The only exception has been Southwest Airlines.

Speedbird -

I guess my point is that barring a return to reregulation (don't see this happening) that as you point out high-fixed and operating costs are a fact of life - only factor that has a any give is labor which is unfortunately the situation the in which the pilots find themselves.

A solution has to be found to level out the peaks and valleys of the industry. Profit-sharing in return for lower wages might be one solution. I don't necessarilly think you should emulate SW, but on the other-hand they have never had a lay-off.

Also having 5 different unions, 5 different health-plans, 5 different leave plans, 5 different pension plans leads to tremendous inefficiency - it seems unmanagable. There has to be a better way.