US Airways Responds to CWA Rep.''s Misinformation

Chris[BR]you state more cwa hours in the hubs....might that be sars working at checkin areas...or moving agts from newly closed cities with only 2 mainline flts to the hubs...yes, you can add hours but seems like you also have everything in place to reduce or eliminate these same hours at other locations.[BR]as stated in other threads, the iam-m has a headcount, afa/alpa has "279" plus faa minimums.[BR]fleet service and cwa have nothing to base any numbers on and according to most, no choice. there are to many un answered questions in the new proposal for all to just say go ahead...[BR]as far as mr roots statement..all i got was think it over , it stinks , and that i will vote no...[BR][BR]thank you for your time.....[BR][BR]

Con't
for Chris hope your reading!!

Spoke to a RSS today he said furloughed 30 maint/cleaners
brought back 7 fleet agts in Nov, only to furlought 5 of those in Jan!!...Deicing delays up to 1hour cause there's not enough fleet serv guys to do the job!! great c/s Chris

once again until you walk in our shoes...*deleted by moderator*

sorry mr. moderator

my day wasn't very pretty
my point was only to say that poster's here
have only if you don't like it ...then leave...
rather to address the problems of this company..
if you don't have good customer service then who wants to fly us...what we provided today was anything but good customer service because of the bare bone staffing attitudes from above.....

My vote No is just a way of thanking Upper Management for all they have done to get us to this point of mistrust !

Hey IAM1776PHL, Have you calculated how much your No vote message to upper management is going to cost you out of pocket? If so, it must be worth it to you as an individual but what about the rest of us? We need to stick together and pick our battles. If at this point we choose the wrong path, we'll be starting over somewhere else.

Instead of voting no, which most observers believe will certainly cause a liquidation and hurting people who want to work here, why don't the naysayers just quit? Nobody is forcing the "no voters" from working here. If people hate the company then why not leave and not be unhappy?

Chip

Cause I don't believe they will do it. Its a bluff. Why not role the dice and predict doom and gloom. If this round of cuts passes, anyone want to take bets that they will be back for more within two months? Why not. Threatoning to shut down worked once. Are you going to take more the next time Chip? At what point is enough enough?

Enough is enough when the doors close. You are gambling with all of our jobs when you call the bluff. If you were RSA, someone who came into the picture within the last few months.....not many years ago, like many of us, why wouldn't you pull the plug to get your money back?

Hey Chip...Why don't you just give up your pension like I did? (Well, I didn't actually give mine up...it was taken from me.) Dave said that 50% of the financial problems of US was funding the pensions. He must have been talking about you, 'cause it certaintly wasn't me!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/3/2003 5:21:12 PM chipmunn wrote:

Michael, W-2 is only part of the labor expense issue. And as Chris Chimes said, "there are no white knights waiting to invest in us. His comments (Jim Roots) represent dangerous and irresponsible recommendations.

Chip

Go Ohio State Buckeyes and Cleveland Browns!
----------------
[/blockquote]

I understand that the W2 is not the whole story. I still think we have given enough prior to the latest round of cuts. Maybe the fact that no one wants to invest in USAirways represents a lack of faith in management, and not the fact that the employees are overpaid. What it comes down to is this, no one thinks management can make this airline work unless the employees are paid so low my three year old son could run this airline. Sorry, but I am not going to subsidize thier stupidity.

One thing I have noticed ...... Chip never responds to giving up his pension......He only responds when he is worried we are going to vote no and he will lose his pension just like we did. Dave and Jerry have never been men enough to face the real problem. Pensions....Dave said that pensions were the biggest problem the first time he met with the union groups....and guess what.....He still has failed to fix the problem.....he got a little from the pension issue but not nearly what he needed. Sorry Chip and Dave I already gave and I am not working for peanuts!![BR][BR][STRONG]Turn out the lights, the party is over......tough times for everyone......[/STRONG]

If a "no" vote by one of the unions causes liquidation (which I seriously doubt) then it will be the company, not the union, that pulls the plug. It would seem to me that if Wolf and Mr. Siegel are excercising due dillignece in performing their duties, then they will have already put in place a cintingency plan if Mr. Bronner pulls out. If Siegel doesn't already have someone waiting in the wings to come in and replace Mr. Bronner then he is incompetent and should be immediately fired.

Chip Said

Instead of voting no, which most observers believe will certainly cause a liquidation and hurting people who want to work here, why don't the naysayers just quit? Nobody is forcing the "no voters" from working here. If people hate the company then why not leave and not be unhappy?

I have the right to cast a NO vote and if as you say
"most observers believe will certainly cause a liquidation and hurting people who want to work here" thats your opinion

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/3/2003 6:38:34 PM chipmunn wrote:

Chip

----------------
[/blockquote]

Cause I don't believe they will do it. Its a bluff. If you are management, why not role the dice and predict doom and gloom. If this round of cuts passes, anyone want to take bets that they will be back for more within two months? Why not. Threatoning to shut down worked once. Are you going to take more the next time Chip? At what point is enough enough? You are a fool if you think this is the end.

Chris Chiames (a.k.a. US Airways, Inc),

-Will the company try to get out of any severance pay plans?

-When reading the latest voluntary furlough for the mechanics it says you needed to have seniority in your basic position before 1-1-89. Is the company going to lay off more mechanics than what has been announced?

-Is the company going to attempt to vender heavy maintenance on the Boeing or Airbus equipment?

Please respond.

Mr. Chiames,

Perhaps the best way to quell fears and speculation is with the simple truth. On the 141M website, there is a spreadsheet detailing furloughs - locations, classifications, and numbers. The Company and the IAM entrusted this information to our mechanics prior to their vote.

Certainly it is reasonable for fleet and customer service agents to expect the same trust. We know all of the hard times are not behind us. We know more unpleasant choices lie ahead. But you can trust the professionals who continue to provide outstanding service to our customers. You can trust us to make another professional judgement, just as we did during the last round of concessions. Just as we do every day on the job, freighted down with concern about our Company, yet doing the right thing by our passengers.

So just tell us what the real deal is. Speculation can only exist in the absence of facts.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Diogenes

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/3/2003 8:10:01 PM Pacemaker wrote:
[P]If a "no" vote by one of the unions causes liquidation (which I seriously doubt) then it will be the company, not the union, that pulls the plug. It would seem to me that if Wolf and Mr. Siegel are excercising due dillignece in performing their duties, then they will have already put in place a cintingency plan if Mr. Bronner pulls out. If Siegel doesn't already have someone waiting in the wings to come in and replace Mr. Bronner then he is incompetent and should be immediately fired.[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3]Don't worry, he will be. And so will 30,000 others. I find it rather amusing that those with the least potential to find employment in a similar paying position are the ones making the most noise.[/FONT]