US Airways Responds to CWA Rep.''s Misinformation

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/3/2003 9:19:38 PM Stranger in a Strange Land wrote:

[BLOCKQUOTE]
----------------
On 1/3/2003 8:29:27 PM oldiebutgoody wrote:

[BLOCKQUOTE]

[FONT face='"Comic' size=3 MS" Sans] I find it rather amusing that those with the least potential to find employment in a similar paying position are the ones making the most noise.[/FONT][/BLOCKQUOTE]
[/P]----------------

[FONT face="Courier New"]I already have oldster, cant say the same for the over 50 club at U ALPA now can we?

Sunset:Gear Up
Sunrise:Gear Down[/FONT][/BLOCKQUOTE]
----------------
[/blockquote]

You know...I don't find any of this amusing and neither does my family. Just shows me how callus many of you have become.

A320 Driver

[BLOCKQUOTE]
----------------
On 1/3/2003 8:29:27 PM oldiebutgoody wrote:

[BLOCKQUOTE]

[FONT face='"Comic' size=3 MS" Sans] I find it rather amusing that those with the least potential to find employment in a similar paying position are the ones making the most noise.[/FONT][/BLOCKQUOTE]

[/P]----------------

[FONT face="Courier New"]I already have oldster, cant say the same for the over 50 club at U ALPA now can we?

Sunset:Gear Up
Sunrise:Gear Down[/FONT][/BLOCKQUOTE]

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/3/2003 9:57:47 PM Stranger in a Strange Land wrote:

Ever notice that other airlines dont issue press releases on internet message boards?

What does U do? a captain who shall remain nameless contacts someone in CCY to complain and just like that a post appears on a message board.

can you imagine don carty or gordon or leo mullin posting on message boards?
[/blockquote]

Stanger: What information do you have that Captain Chip Munn contacted anyone from the corporate department? That is a strong accusation to make without any evidence.

It is very common knowledge that ALL of the major airlines monitor the Internet Aviation message boards. This was the case with Planebusiness, as one major airline was very active during their labor issues.

Since Dave Siegel did conduct a Q&A session with this website, it only makes sense if they continue to monitor the message boards. It is also common knowledge that all of the unions view this board.

I didn't view Chris Chiames post as a press release. Since James Root's memo that appeared at his website didn't reach the media, it doesn't make any sense for the company to issue an official press release. Remember, the James Root topic is only being discuss on this message board. Why wouldn't the company respond to his memo via this outlet?

I don't believe that Dave Siegel has posted any message on this board. So, your claim is invalid that the other CEO wouldn't post on an Internet message board, since Siegel hasn't taken that approach.

You fault a Sr. VP from communicating with the employees via this route. Maybe it could be that you don't like the truth that is being spoken by our senior management. The company has every right to respond to any memo/message that is public knowledge.

I am not in management, just an employee who appreciates that someone "upstairs" is listening to our concerns.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE] [/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR][BR]You know...I don't find any of this amusing and neither does my family. Just shows me how callus many of you have become.[BR][BR]A320 Driver
P]----------------[BR][BR][FONT face="Courier New"]You can thank the companys unofficial spokesman for that.[BR][BR]Ever notice that other airlines dont issue press releases on internet message boards

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/3/2003 7:24:09 PM ANNother Voice wrote:

Enough is enough when the doors close. You are gambling with all of our jobs when you call the bluff. If you were RSA, someone who came into the picture within the last few months.....not many years ago, like many of us, why wouldn't you pull the plug to get your money back?
----------------
[/blockquote]

For those people who think that David Bronner or the company is bluffing, look at how RSA file a suit against Worldcom for misrepresentation. If he thinks that his investment won't benefit his group, don't think twice that he won't "pull" the DIP loan backing and then the company will have no choice but to liquidate. Read it for yourselves at the below link. There is only one choice and that is to vote yes. David Bronner is the "Bank" and without him, everyone loses. Where are all of the investors who are lining up to provide this company with financing? I would like to know where are Siegel's "finance backups" that some people have claimed on this board. The employees should be happy that David Bronner believes in this airline and its employees to provide this essential financing. I enjoy my job and don't want to see some employees screw it up for all of us. We are all in the same boat together. Some people like to paddle harder than others. For the no voters, it is time to "jump ship" and allow the ones who want this company to succeed to take over the ship.

To the furlough CWA members, without a ratification, you will lose any recall rights and your 3 years of flight benefits. You might want to use those perks in the future. Also, your parents will be allowed on your term pass if this is ratified.

If you voted NO and you want to change you vote. Contact your local cwa president. The contact information is located at cwa.net. Everyone has the right to recast their vote until the deadline ends. The AFA/ALPA allows this option when they vote on their contacts.

http://www.rsa.state.al.us/Investments/investments.htm

chipmunn posted an alabama public broadcast link to a bronner interview.it was very interesting but a little tough linking to the info.all should see what bronner had to say.it was very enlightening.i ask chip to repost the web address please as i do not remember it.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/3/2003 11:19:17 PM flyonthewall wrote:
----------------
[/blockquote]
For those people who think that David Bronner or the company is bluffing, look at how RSA filed a suit against Worldcom for misrepresentation. If he thinks that his investment won't benefit his group, don't think twice that he won't "pull" the DIP loan backing and then the company will have no choice but to liquidate. Read it for yourselves at the below link. There is only one choice and that is to vote yes. David Bronner is the "Bank" and without him, everyone loses. Where are all of the investors who are lining up to provide this company with financing? I would like to know where are Siegel's "finance backups" that some people have claimed on this board. The employees should be happy that David Bronner believes in this airline and its employees to provide this essential financing. I enjoy my job and don't want to see some employees screw it up for all of us. We are all in the same boat together. Some people like to paddle harder than others. For the no voters, it is time to "jump ship" and allow the ones who want this company to succeed to take over the ship.

To the furloughed CWA members, without a ratification, you will lose any recall rights and your 3 years of flight benefits. You might want to use those perks in the future. Also, your parents will be allowed on your term pass if this is ratified.

If you voted NO and you want to change you vote. Contact your local cwa president. The contact information is located at cwa.net. Everyone has the right to recast their vote until the deadline ends. The AFA/ALPA allows this option when they vote on their contacts.

http://www.rsa.state.al.us/Investments/investments.htm
----------------
[/blockquote]
Trish comments:

Fly,

Truer words were never spoken regarding Dr Bronner and about ratificaton. He is not teasing. RSA is the bank. There is not another waiting in the wings for U's DIP
financing. Who would want to go through all of this again and then have employees not even appreciate that someone is trying to save their job, if at all possible. He has visions for U but cannot do it alone. He said all unions approve or Chapter 7. He has other places to invest his money from the 24 story RSA tower. He is an astute businessman and is well respected. I read the RSA World Com article and he does not like to lose money as he is in charge of the teachers and state employees's retirement so must make sound decisons and recoup any losses RSA might suffer at the same time.. So, you are right on, Fly.

Trish comments:
DELLDUDE,
You wanted the interview on APTV with Dr Bronner regarding why he would invest in usairways. Well, I looked it up and it is an excellent interview that really should have a seperate thread for all to listen too. It will answer a lot of questions.

It was:
December 16 Alabama Public Television interview with RSA's David Bronner on why he invested in US Airways

Paste this and it should start right up,audio and video.

http://www.aptv.org/FTR/ftrdetails.asp?FTRID=741

After listening to this again, I see no way out but the demise of this airline if all do not ratify. Possibly, that is why Mr. Chiames was so concerned about the comment by CWA's Mr. Root that was far from accurate it appears.

I just hope everyone is voting for the benefit of themselves and their families, and can live with the decison that they make when the results are announced Let us hope everyone will have a smile on their face because they saved this company.

Diogenes raises a concern that we are holding something back that I want to address.

Under the CWA and Fleet Service agreements, there are no specific plans to furlough additional people as a result of the changes in their respective agreements. In fact, in the Fleet service agreement, the outsourcing of mail/cargo will be by attrition only, not through the furloughing of additional people. That is why there are no comparable numbers for CWA or IAM fleet -- because we don't anticipate furloughs as a result of our new deals.

Let's not kid ourselves though. Some smaller cities that have traditionally been mainline stations could still be converted to Express, based on market conditions. Our slowness in addressing our high cost structure in these kind of markets opened up opportunities for low-cost carriers and regional airlines to come in and clean our clocks.

Should a station be coverted, agents with seniority rights can move to another station or stay on at Express rates. Is that a perfect solution? No. But we are operating in a tough competitive business and there isn't much room for error, so we are responding by implementing a business plan that will allow us to survive and succeed.

So as it relates to a specific number, target or plan to furlough additional CWA members, there is none.

Chris Chiames

How about TPA-MX... lets see U told the airport authority they were not pulling out, told the employees the same then in the dead of night move in pull the plug on 300+- employees.....yep I belive everything U s stuffed shirts say...."strong winds come from big caves" .

Very true, Tpa-mx. These guys are paid to do those kind of things. Nothing but half truths, the best we can hope for.

Mr Chiames you have a three billon dollar pension problem with the pilots. Your worrying about a few CWA dollars tells me that this managment leaves many questions still.

[SPAN class=BodyFont][STRONG][EM]Chris Chiames (a.k.a. US Airways, Inc),[BR][BR]-Will the company try to get out of any severance pay plans?[BR][BR]-When reading the latest voluntary furlough for the mechanics it says you needed to have seniority in your basic position before 1-1-89. Is the company going to lay off more mechanics than what has been announced?[BR][BR]-Is the company going to attempt to vender heavy maintenance on the Boeing or Airbus equipment? [BR][BR][BR]Please respond.[BR][/EM][/STRONG][/SPAN]