US Airways 'Third Heritage' Plane Unveilings...

Couple of timetables

Attachments

• us660215.jpg
    us660215.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 156
  • us710715.jpg
    us710715.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 142
So they also used Vistacruiser. Is Fanjet a brand too or just what they called jets? I guess they also called it Jet Custom Class.

The tail logo is way too small.

The reality is that of all of the four heritages, this is the one that is probably least remembered -- and I speak as someone who flew Allegheny from the early 70s onward.

Piedmont, yeah, that had a good reputation. PSA, they had a great west-coast low-cost heritage. America West -- until JetBlue, the only post-deregulation airline to make it big.

But Allegheny? I doubt there are many people who look back wistfully to the glory days of Allegheny -- were there "glory days" for Allegheny?

I miss Allegheny....many good memories flying that airline (including my first flight). I just found an old Allegheny DC9 emergency procedure card-and it was plastic (oops we weren't supposed to take them were we??).

Also, I agree with Dog....that plane should have originated in PIT.

The plane came out of the paint track and needed to go to CLT to restock with carts and catering supplies. The PSA airplane launched from CLT on it's maiden flight in new colors. It wasn't until several days later that it had it's official unveiling in SAN. They will have a similar "official" unveiling in PIT at a yet to be determined date.

Do you suppose any of those promoting 'heritage' thought of originating this plane in PIT?

It's almost cute how clueless and out of touch you continue to be with the very company you claim to love so much. It has been made abundantly clear that the AL retro plane will receive it's official dedication in PIT. Unfortunately airline schedules mean that sometimes these planes will begin in CLT and generate revenue for a few days. That's just downright sick :rolleyes: . You're right: it should be sitting in a hangar in PIT collecting cobwebs until its official dedication day, recognizing an important day in AL history. No need to plan ahead, thank you.

Where's your indignation that the HP retro plane is serving our customers instead of waiting for its dedication in August? Oh, I guess the only thing that matters to you is your concern for the regional mentality of a revenue insignificant portion of the system. Any indignation for the PI plane that has yet to be painted? Where's your support of the PSA smile flying proudly throughout our network? Pull your head out of PA and look at the big, beautiful world around you...

It's almost cute how clueless and out of touch you continue to be with the very company you claim to love so much. It has been made abundantly clear that the AL retro plane will receive it's official dedication in PIT. Unfortunately airline schedules mean that sometimes these planes will begin in CLT and generate revenue for a few days. That's just downright sick :rolleyes: . You're right: it should be sitting in a hangar in PIT collecting cobwebs until its official dedication day, recognizing an important day in AL history. No need to plan ahead, thank you.

Where's your indignation that the HP retro plane is serving our customers instead of waiting for its dedication in August? Oh, I guess the only thing that matters to you is your concern for the regional mentality of a revenue insignificant portion of the system. Any indignation for the PI plane that has yet to be painted? Where's your support of the PSA smile flying proudly throughout our network? Pull your head out of PA and look at the big, beautiful world around you...
Ouch!!!

Any suggestion management could do things differently is obviously a result of insular ignorance?

Any suggestion management could do things differently is obviously a result of insular ignorance?
ok. so the a/c should only fly out of pit and go back to pit right? a dedication in pit will be coming soon. what part of that don't you understand? in the meantime the plane has to fly to generate revenue. it can't just sit in pit until the dedication ceremony.

ok. so the a/c should only fly out of pit and go back to pit right? a dedication in pit will be coming soon. what part of that don't you understand? in the meantime the plane has to fly to generate revenue. it can't just sit in pit until the dedication ceremony.
Both you and Barbell NEED TO CHILL
A simple answer without sarcasum would do. :down:

I believe Mohawk used to call their Bac-111s Fanjets. In fact, at my city, one guy that we work with used to work at Mohawk. He is always fondly recalling his Mohawk Days.

Both you and Barbell NEED TO CHILL
A simple answer without sarcasum would do. :down:
ok here is the simple answer.
a dedication will be made at a yet to be determined time in pit . in the meantime, the a/c will be flying around the system. i think YOU need to tone it down a little.

Latest posts