US Airways to Recall Pilots as Fleet of 100-Seat Jets Grows

Oh by the way Mouthpiece of Management.

I still have family and friends that work for US, a pension to collect and the outcome of the Change of Control Grievance monetary award so I still have a vested interest in US.

Swaayze,

It's 26 per month on top of the already announced recalls through East Permanent Bid 07-03 (May). In a recent Crew News briefing (if my memory serves me correctly it was March 22 in CLT) Scott Kirby and Ed Bular indicated there would be additional recalls over the company's earlier projection; however, at that time they indicated Resource Planning had not yet identified the number.

For the year, Bid 07-01 (Jan.) had 30 recalls, Bid 07-02 (Feb.) had 40 recalls, and Bid 07-03 (May) 160 recalls for a total of 230 pilots brought back to the mainline so far this year.

Resource Planning recently sent a CBS message to all pilots announcing there will be no bid in June. It is anticipated Bid 07-04 will be released shortly and cover at least July. If the 26 recalls per month begin in July that would bring back another 156 pilots this year for a total 2007 recall of 386 pilots, which is awesome news!

Etops1,

I agree and that is what Doug Parker told the PHL Inquirer in a recent interview. Not only did Parker indicate the company could operate PHL-TLV, but PHL-NRT too.

My point is that according to an ALPA LEC Update to its members, quoting the ALPA Training Committee, the company has expressed an interest in PHX-TLV.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Lark,

Pilot Permanent (Base/Equipment) Bids can be multi-month or "rolled over" to the next month.

For this year:

- Bid 07-01 only covered Jan.

- Bid 07-02 only covered Feb., but was rolled over 2-month later to cover March and April as well.

- Bid 07-03 coverd May, but has been rolled over 1-month (so far, could be more) and will now cover June too.

Another words, there is not a new bid for every month.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

700UW,

There is a difference between insulting others and simply pointing out facts. You're the one who always, I mean always fires the first shot at people, you clearly are inflammatory, and are angry.

What's interesting is instead of entering into constructive debate you try to discredit others. That tells me you live in fear of those you try to debate.

See I believe men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by a little bit of education.

TheWatcher,

It’s great that “you have lots of free time and 723 people call you bossâ€￾, but what does that have to do with the article to start this topic of “Replying to US Airways to Recall Pilots as Fleet of 100-Seat Jets Grows?â€￾

My comments on this topic came from the ALPA MEC Training Committee, nothing more and nothing less, until the same disgruntled people began personal attacks.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
If this response has been coached to you by your "sources", that company is in serious trouble. If you thought of it all by yourself, i wouldnt expect much better.

Add to that, the 723 people that call me boss are on 3 continents. I dont go into the office anymore than 2 days/times a week. All that said, i still dont have time to wear as many hats as you with all of your self propogated prominence Concerning the day to day operation and control of US through your "sources" and intelligence. You make yourself out to be an extraordinary individual. Im willing to bet you shy away from mirrors as much as possible. Who needs an image of truth when you have an overreactive imagination of grandure.....

700UW,

There is a difference between insulting others and simply pointing out facts. You're the one who always, I mean always fires the first shot at people, you clearly are inflammatory, and are angry.

What's interesting is instead of entering into constructive debate you try to discredit others. That tells me you live in fear of those you try to debate.

See I believe men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by a little bit of education.

USA320Pilot

I can't believe it. I totally agree with you accessment of 700.

You did forget to mention how when proven wrong he will ignore it and/or resort to discrediting.

I guess you left that one off because you are cut from the same cloth when it comes to that one.

Ok Tel Aviv, I also agree with the post above seems like a big plane, enough O & D.

It US wants bettet chance at China, and wants some of the profitable asia market why not go after HKG or NRT. Both NW & UA do amazing in the pacific.

In my opinion, the company has a number of options for new transatlantic service and can adjust its widebody fleet/new aircraft accordingly. New routes could be flown to places like Oslo, Copenhagen, Moscow, Tel Aviv and London Heathrow from Philadelphia and from Phoenix to Frankfurt, London Heathrow, and Tel Aviv. I believe Andrew Norcella and his department are looking at a number of different options and it will be interesting to see what they decide.

Regardless, we should know their final decision shortly.
[/font]

In connection with the 10 year birthday celebration of Star Alliance this week in Copenhagen, the Danish travel magazine Standby spoke with Andrew P. Nocella (Senior Vice President, Planning). He told that US Airways very seriously consider to launch PHL-CPH from 2008 and that they are in the planning stage of this route - final decision to be taken in October/November according to Mr. Norcella.

I really hope that the decision will be positive regarding PHL-CPH and I will be able to welcome US to Denmark in spring 2008.

On a side note he also told that the first summer on PHL-ARN(Stockholm) not was that good, but that is looks a lot better this summer.

Best regards from Copenhagen

I agree and that is what Doug Parker told the PHL Inquirer in a recent interview. Not only did Parker indicate the company could operate PHL-TLV, but PHL-NRT too.

My point is that according to an ALPA LEC Update to its members, quoting the ALPA Training Committee, the company has expressed an interest in PHX-TLV......

I don't know what Parker is thinking if he really plans on flying to Asia. US's discussions for 2 AC 340-500s are moot, since AC just sold them both to TAM and there are currently no additional ones listed publicly - anywhere. Parker continues to play the gate game with PHL and blames (his) lack of action on them. He better get things together or sneaky DL just might start an international flight or two out of spite when they move to 4 gates in A-East. On the other hand, that may be exactly what Parker is concerned about. He may have, however, already negotiated something interim with Boeing/Airbus for 340s/777-200ERs as part of a 350/787 deal.

No aircraft that US currenly has, or is planning to (officially) have, for the next 4-5 years has the range for PHX-TLV - including the 330-200 and/or 767-300ER. Further, at least one flight from major U.S. cities to TLV typically must be year round to be successful, because of heavy dependency on cargo revenue. I really cannot see PHX-TLV working at all, let alone in winter - maybe TLV-PHX (winter), but not PHX-TLV. I mean the largest Jewish population center in Arizona (Pima County) only has 20K Jews. If "the company" has seriously expressed an interest in PHX-TLV (which I doubt), they need to hire a new strategic route planner.

700UW,

Who first reported the United deals to the ALPA MEC? Who first reported the United domestic code sharing program on this message board? Who first reported US Airways was in negotiations with Boeing for new gneration B-737s on this message board? Who first reported US Airways was evaluating service to Tel Aviv on this message board, etc.?
Is this the same person who "reported" that USAirways was "evaluating" deep S.Am. service, and would be building FLL into a deep S.Am. hub and getting all of UA's routes to Brazil, Argentina, and had Jepp plates for those routes and airports, etc.?

How'd that FLL-deep S.Am. hub work out for you?

I wouldn't fly that E190 as an F/O for less than 85,000 in returning pay dollars (year 3) and 130,000 as a Captain.

It can sit.The pay as it stands now for both positions is a professional insult.

Too bad it does not sit, unflown.