Us Airways Watch

From the May 28 edition:

"It filed a motion yesterday requesting the month-long extension, arguing that it needs more time to acquire additional investment capital and get the input of major creditors."

Seems kinda odd for what's billed as "one of the best capitalized and lowest debt" airlines post-merger with all the "financial institutions" already supporting the merger plan.....

Jim

I'd been wondering how long it would take fuel costs to come out higher than labor in this environment.

I believe this makes US the first airline to have this distinction.

From the article: "The day before America West and US Airways announced their planned union, 10 of America West's 11 board directors purchased a new round of stock options in the Tempe, Ariz.-based carrier. All purchased 10,000 share blocks that can be exercised for $4.43 a share as early as Nov. 18. The options expire in 2015. The only director not to buy options that day was Doug Parker, board chairman and chief executive officer of the company."

Martha Stewart would be so proud!!!

How is this not illegal?

Jack,

It never ceases to amaze me. The stock holders should be suing for these Board members who got an advantage over the rest of the average shareholder even if it was by just one day.

Pit. Poast-Gazette: The federal Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp., which has assumed pensions for thousands of US Airways employees, is objecting to the $15 million breakup fee payable to either US Airways or America West Airlines if a merger between the two carriers falls apart. PBGC filed a document with U.S. Bankruptcy Court yesterday asking an Alexandria, Va. judge not to approve the fee.

DCAflyer asks: While PBGC is at it, why don't they object to the $55M in retention bonuses?

hscottm said:
I'd been wondering how long it would take fuel costs to come out higher than labor in this environment.

I believe this makes US the first airline to have this distinction.
[post="273807"][/post]​
Yeah, It's too bad our collection of talented ? fat cats didn't have enough common sense to hedge some fuel when they had the chance..

Please don't tell me they didn't have enough $$$$ to do any hedging, Seems they were able to find a cool $55 mil. for the company folk..... :down: