US Pilots' Labor Thread 5/26 to 6/2-- NO PERSONAL COMMENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your career was in danger prior to the merger and why be so concerned for the EMB pilots ALPA never was.....

On a last note, I would like to say that, besides Pat Day, the other members of the CLT domicile treated me with respect and professionalism. Since this airline has other issues other than seniority, I am pleased to report that PHL reps and I have been working TOGETHER on other issues that I am sure will improve the quality of life of all our pilots.

after seeing the crap on youtube why would they let you tape it? what was your productive purpose for being there? I don't want to see any of your spun up crap. And don't waste your time on contract issues, we are each stuck with our own contracts for a very long time, the arrogance of some of you is unbelievable. Like east should pay for west furlough medical but west wont pay for it. un freakin believable, don't even bother to defend youselves , your so transparent, Hey Tiger,have they gotten a fund from the west yet to buy medical for furloughs? East bought me some. wave your honor and integrity flags some more, pathetic group, really pathetic

here critics would drone on and on with borderline harrassment? That kind of site? Never happen.

I'll visit again after Wake has delivered a remedy, in the meantime this site has become a complete waste of time between East and West.

Translation - If it's not the USAPA party line I don't want to hear it and I don't want anyone else to hear it.

USAPA is the complete waste of time. The seniority fight is over.

USAPA just doesn't know it yet.

after seeing the crap on youtube why would they let you tape it? what was your productive purpose for being there? I don't want to see any of your spun up crap. And don't waste your time on contract issues, we are each stuck with our own contracts for a very long time, the arrogance of some of you is unbelievable. Like east should pay for west furlough medical but west wont pay for it. un freakin believable, don't even bother to defend youselves , your so transparent, have you gotten a fund from the west yet to by medical for furloughs? wave your honor and integrity flags some more, pathetic group, really pathetic

You should try metoprolol. I hear it does wonders for the... well let's just say guys like you. ;)

Fellow pilots,

May 21, 2009, is a day that I will remember for many years to come. It is the day that I became entirely convinced that the future of our careers at US Airways were in grave danger, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, and so on...

Having spent my fair share of time at union meetings (in many capacities), I have serious doubts as to the accuracy of this bologna.

It sounds as if it were written by USA320, eh NYCBus?

It seems interesting that, again, there is nobody who recorded this "atrocity."

The beat goes on.

after seeing the crap on youtube why would they let you tape it? what was your productive purpose for being there?

Because the USAPA member in question was a member of the BPR makes no difference to your question? Was it a USAPA meeting or a Pat Day meeting? (I have never met the man and only knew his name for the first time today.) If it was a USAPA meeting why is it they could tape the meeting but the LAS BPR rep could not do the same thing? Since when is it automatically determined what someone's motives are based simply on where he/she may be domiciled? How did Seham, being in the room, allow this to happen without advising Mr. Day that he might want to reconsider his actions and/or demeanor?

These questions are not "evidence" of any bias of mine to the West. They are questions I would have asked even if the situation was reversed.

Having spent my fair share of time at union meetings (in many capacities), I have serious doubts as to the accuracy of this bologna.

The beat goes on.
No one keeps minutes of union meetings? Ask Kommandant Day.

please answer the question about the west fund for west furlough medicals, i will see if my east funded insurance covers that drug.

What was the question again? I thought the furlough insurance got voted down? Most drugs are covered under your plan. If not then I'm sure you could convince the state or some other entity to provide you with the medications that you need. I bet if you went in there and told them you were a victim of the Nic atrocity they'd understand. Oh! And wear your uniform too! Don't forget the hat!!!! :up:

Oh the "west" fund... Honestly as a furloughed pilot I'd rather they save up all the money and use it to jam the Nic... Well you get it I'm sure.

Oh the "west" fund... Honestly as a furloughed pilot I'd rather they save up all the money and use it to jam the Nic... Well you get it I'm sure.
it would be so simple for the west to provide this benefit to its furloughed brethren, that it hasnt happened is what i mean by pathetic group. The meeting is not for public consumtion, it is for the pilot group. Your previous behavior indicates that you guys cant be trusted as you have demonstrated. Now wave the honor and integrity flag some more. stop worrying about taping a meeting and get the furloughed guys some insurance. However poorly handled the situation was, it was a stupid disruptive stunt to tape it in the first place. Gotta question your judgement.

The beat goes on.
Perhaps just perhaps you should try reading the entire piece. Then take some time to understand what it says.

The CLT chairman had his own cameraman there. So someone did record this atrocity. The next question you should ask yourself is if or when this recorded union meeting will be released.

Again read carefully. This was written by the LAS domicile chairman. A member in good standing and a member of the governing body. Would Capt. Day have treated the Chairman from PHL with the same disrespect?

You may have spent your time on union meetings. How much time have you sent with a union that has been found liable for DFR? Could usapa be a different kind of union? Do you think it is possible that the CLT chairman overstepped his bounds into rudeness. That he had no desire to hear a dissenting point of view from anyone.

We will now have to wait to see if CLT actually puts out the video or somehow it mysteriously disappears.

it would be so simple for the west to provide this benefit to its furloughed brethren, that it hasnt happened is what i mean by pathetic group. The meeting is not for public consumtion, it is for the pilot group. Your previous behavior indicates that you guys cant be trusted as you have demonstrated. Now wave the honor and integrity flag some more. stop worrying about taping a meeting and get the furloughed guys some insurance. However poorly handled the situation was, it was a stupid disruptive stunt to tape it in the first place. Gotta question your judgement.
Are you talking about the CLT chair being stupid for taping? Because that is who taped it. The LAS chair was not allow to tape. As far as public consumption. Not everyone can be at the meeting. The purpose was to let the rest of the pilots have the information. Is that the public you are talking about? But as usual usapa and the blind followers want to restrict information.

Ignorance is bliss I guess.

AWE,
Okay in all seriousness and all the a-holeness turned off allow me to provide my view. That's all it is. My view.

Pathetic? Maybe from YOUR view. Frankly I am serious when I'd rather see the money go towards our preservation of the Nicolau award. Not so much because of what it can do for me individually but because I believe it is never appropriate for any group to act in an arbitrary manner when a minority group gets hurt. The DOH with C&R's is shallow and transparent. We know that should our situation stay static then sure it would be fine. Not preferable but tolerable. However, both of us know that nothing ever remains static. So we see the east pilots here gloat about the west shrinkage and what do you think happens according to the C&R's if shrinkage occurs and a pilot(s) is forced to an east base? That's right! Straight DOH. Essentially when you look carefully at the C&R's the east has access to 1/2 of the growth out west, almost ALL growth out east and serious protection should the airline decide to reduce its size. Totally unfair. Totally unacceptable. We know you want your loses back. Problem is we are unwilling to provide you the backs from which to take it.

Closed meeting? Are all BPR meetings closed? That's a serious question as I do not know. Regardless we do know that Capt. Day was intending to video tape the meeting. That would suggest that there was going to be at least some of the meeting contents distributed to the pilot group. The point we are trying to make is that this is in no way better than ALPA ever was! I hated that fact that ALPA (MEC's) would have these closed meetings! For crying out loud you are discussing my livelihood!! Anyway, USAPA has now proven to be the same animal you so desperately wanted to get away from. If the BPR cannot take criticism from its own BPR members and tries in vain to scrub each and every communication then, yes, one should and would be very suspicious!

Well you may not trust us and that's fine. Problem is we don't trust you either! So what are you going to do now? Are you gonna go fight management for that lucrative contract? Are you gonna fight Tempe on every issue they exploit to whipsaw the two sides? If you think the trial was fought with one hand tied behind your back you've got another thing coming. Counting on things like the "snapback" or your 70 million (which I believe east and only the east are entitled) is hanging on desperate threads and it shows. We all know in this business that you NEVER count on anything until it's in your hot little hand. Frankly I believe the BPR knows they have little if any real chance regarding the Nic., thus the distractions and promises of better times shortly.

Regardless of what lies ahead I am sure there are lots of good guys out there. It's really too bad we got thrust into this situation. As for me? Well I hope of better opportunities to come calling...

Tiger

P.S. A-holeness re-engaged! :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts