US Airways Pilots' Labor Thread 5/19-5/26 READ THE FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.
And given the blatant bias of the judge (there, I said it) and the instructions to the jury that basically told them how to find (there, I said that, too) how could there not be another outcome?

Has it ever occurred to any of you Easties that this "bias" and those pesky Jury Instructions were in fact, actual LAW?

Of course, I'm not naive enough to believe that you guys give a rats behind if you are on the right side of the Law or not but disparaging a Judge and this country's legal system because...once again...you didn't hear what you wanted, certainly doesn't qualify as a "bias".

..... but disparaging a Judge and this country's legal system because...

Completely worshiping any particular judge or "this country's legal system" requires a degree of innocence and naivete that not all can fully possess....

Completely worshiping any particular judge or "this country's legal system" requires a degree of innocence and naivete that not all can fully possess....

Ah. I see. What about blind devotion to Lee Seham? He's delivered nothing but failure yet your supreme leaders still, "have never been more confident" of his skills. Naivete?

Flyby -

I would suggest going right here: Link. Someone WILL have to provide an answer for you, and there will be no chance that this could get swept under the rug.

As pilots we are required to preflight the entire aircraft if no cabin staff is on board.

It just makes me sick that there are folks out there doing stuff like this. They're a black eye on the profession.

Of course you would. Let's rat em out, see if we can get an awful eastie in trouble.

Flyby-take the other poster's advise and go to pro standards. The guys should have checked the galley, some things slip by especially if you don't ferry often. I'm a reserve capt., so I get them a lot and I always close the doors because they are always open. The cabin doors don't have to be armed if there are no pax in the cabin. A few months ago I Dh'ed on a ferry. At rotation stuff in the rear galley went flying. I cleaned it up for the next F/As.

Spotlight? Oh yeah, my door has dimples in it from all the knocking that has occurred.

Company shill? Remember that I needed to be told the name of the attorney in the court room?

Shilling for West? Nope. If you paid attention previously you will notice that I have occasionally differed from their opinions. Shill for ALPA? Nope again. I doubt they know I am alive let alone shilling.

Narcissistic? Did my wardrobe in court give you that hint?

Finally we are left with bored. That perhaps is closest to the truth. I am now a stay at home spouse. So while the laundry is washing or the dinner is cooking I have time to check in on all the excitement to liven up my stay-at-home life.

So now I ask why you seem to persist in thinking I must have an "angle" to participate in the discussion on a public message board?

Hp Fa,

I, for one, (an East pilot), would like to say thank you for , what I perceive, is an unbiased, no angle-based, lawyerish (sp?) type posting on this webboard. It has educated me and given me the legal going on's in the court room that I can receive since I have chosen to stay on the sidelines. Please keep it up! Thank You

Creating a paranoic conspiracy theory about the judge requires a degree of lunacy, cognitive dissonance and and the inability to see the facts as they are. Talk about naive....

Has it ever occurred to any of you Easties that this "bias" and those pesky Jury Instructions were in fact, actual LAW?

Of course, I'm not naive enough to believe that you guys give a rats behind if you are on the right side of the Law or not but disparaging a Judge and this country's legal system because...once again...you didn't hear what you wanted, certainly doesn't qualify as a "bias".
Indeed.

To paraphrase Steven Colbert, the law in this case has a West bias.

Of course you would. Let's rat em out, see if we can get an awful eastie in trouble.

Flyby-take the other poster's advise and go to pro standards. The guys should have checked the galley, some things slip by especially if you don't ferry often. I'm a reserve capt., so I get them a lot and I always close the doors because they are always open. The cabin doors don't have to be armed if there are no pax in the cabin. A few months ago I Dh'ed on a ferry. At rotation stuff in the rear galley went flying. I cleaned it up for the next F/As.

Excuse me, but safety is not, and never will be an "East v. West" thing. It is simply your mindset that wishes to make it so.....

Here's some guidance about contacting the Safety Department:

All reports will be analyzed to determine if further research is needed to identify the root cause of the problem and, more importantly, if solutions can be found. The following criteria will serve as a foundation for requesting responses from the appropriate departments:

Operational deficiencies contrary to US standards
Safety concerns/issues that are clearly identified
Non-compliance with regulations
Areas identified to be in non-compliance with company policy/procedures
Events where unusual circumstance warrant an investigation

Our mandate cannot be accomplished without the dedication and commitment from all areas of the company. The Safety Department will forward reports to other departments for their information and request responses when necessary. Responses received from other departments will be used to provide feedback to employees, to complete safety investigations, and to document safety and/or operational improvements. We thank you for your participation.

You see, pi, this is about improving our product, improving safety, and making this place a better airline - and nothing else. No where does it say anything about discipline. That's what Chief Pilots are for.

Excuse me, but safety is not, and never will be an "East v. West" thing. It is simply your mindset that wishes to make it so.....

All reports will be analyzed to determine if further research is needed to identify the root cause of the problem and, more importantly, if solutions can be found. The following criteria will serve as a foundation for requesting responses from the appropriate departments:

Our mandate cannot be accomplished without the dedication and commitment from all areas of the company. The Safety Department will forward reports to other departments for their information and request responses when necessary. Responses received from other departments will be used to provide feedback to employees, to complete safety investigations, and to document safety and/or operational improvements. We thank you for your participation.

You see, pi, this is about improving our product, improving safety, and making this place a better airline - and nothing else. No where does it say anything about discipline. That's what Chief Pilots are for.
Uh huh.

"That's what Chief Pilots are for". discipline- Yeah right!!! kinda like they do (discipline) for continual denying Jumpseats. Yeah, they're doing a super job at that.

"That's what Chief Pilots are for". discipline- Yeah right!!! kinda like they do (discipline) for continual denying Jumpseats. Yeah, they're doing a super job at that.

So you're saying that what those two pilots did in BOS was on par with a jumpseat denial?

To echo pi's enlightened response: "uh huh."

You folks just cannot accept facts even when they are staring you right in the face can you?

I would suggest you review Section 2a of your pilot handbook. Its all there in living black and white.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts