US Pilots Labor Thread 1/28 to 2/3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
OK, move the weekly pilot's labor discussion here....

A reminder--there will be no personal remarks or comments tolerated, and there will be no "east does this west does that" or vice versa back and forth either. It's basically flame bait, and perpetuates arguing...

Posts which violate the rules will be deleted without comment or notification and the poster may be subject to suspension.

PLEASE keep it within the rules.

Thank you.

More pilots are going to Jane Wells at CNBC with their venting:

Excerpts for brevity:

From Mike G., who wrote the original email to which Jack responded, saying all this venom is burying the "real, rational story": "I can not believe you gave a voice to Captain Jack, former America West pilot. His rant is filled with lies, hatred, and spin. What purpose does it serve to spread an inane opinion that America West Pilots saved US Airways???? Can we examine, just for a moment, if saying something like that makes any sense at all before we print it for all the uneducated masses to read and be swayed by? Journalism, indeed... What actions did Jack perform to 'save' US Airways? Did he work for less? No. Did he do anything other than show up for work, just as his East counterparts did? I don't think so. His assertion that he or any other pilot 'saved' another airline is utterly ridiculous. Pilots don't save airlines, management saves airlines, and investors save airlines. If your looking for a group of employees that have anything to do with saving US Airways, it would be the East pilots who gave up all (their) pay and benefits..."

Dominick M., who identifies himself as a US Airways pilot, says: "Mike G. writes that only 'real US Airways pilots from the original US Airways' are experienced, suggesting that other pilots are only impostors. Well, I won't pass judgment on any of the thousands of fine professional pilots who fly for different airlines. However, I will remind Mike G. that if it were not for the 'rookie' pilots of the former America West Airlines (which acquired US Airways), that Mike G. would be out of a job. Airline employees remain proud professionals who perform to the best of their ability during every flight, just as the crew of Flight 1549 so well demonstrated. I applaud the crew for a job well done, and, despite their low pay, still holding their heads high."

:jerry:

"One more thing: with all of the discussion on a "flawed" list being used by Nicolau.... total BS! Certified lists were used and the pilots had an opportunity to challenge their status on that list prior to affirming their individual positions on said list. Pilots on the east did not challenge their positions on the list used by Nic and in previous mergers such as Trump. Those affected did not take the opportunity to state their case at the appropriate time or the lists used would never have seen the light of day. You guys are simply taking advantage of having a new "union" and hoping to unscramble an egg."

sorry tazz,

many of the mda pilots did challenge these positions and that documentation is already submitted with discovery !

You guys keep on talking about what you don't know. Now say it over and over to make it true !

Just curious if anyone here has any idea how the upcoming hearings in febuary regarding the large rj issue are expected to go and what some of the likely results of this may be? I believe LOA 93 allows 93 large rj's and express has been operating 112-115. Also, what are the expected results of the hearing regarding minimum block hours that is due in febuary as well? Thanks, haven't head much on these issues lately.

Hey, Tazz...

just curious if you're one of the westies who have recently "capitulated" under the gun of termination by Hemenway recently?

Yep, seems the westies are coughing up thousands and thousands of dollars in back dues/ reinstatement fees these days...how nice. Of course, this must place an added financial burden on all of you out west...AOL begging for money...Hemenway about to flip the switch on you...and, of course...your legal fees to "keep the gift alive..."

I know your girl Prechillil ponied up her money as well...good for her.

(Yes...I still have friends in high places after all this time.)

Keep those checks comin' now....ya hear?

Cheers

PS: I gather that the vast majority (500+) of the west who are now paying but are dissenting objectors are still in bad standing.

You do understand that these individuals can't vote, right?....And therefore your "viral plan" (for Metroyet) won't work...right?

You guys just can't seem to figure this whole battle plan out correctly.

Well, USAPA deserves to get their germaine fees, at least. USAPA just finished up a $35 million grievance on LTD for the west....and USAPA won...
It's the least they can do as a thank you while they continue to pursue a DFR suit against USAPA.

Frankly, they don't deserve it, if you asked me...but it seems that USAPA id still fighting the good fight on their behalf with the company...even though the west is still litigating a DFR...

Go figure....

(it's their $$, and the Nic is worth fighting for...I guess)

Well, USAPA deserves to get their germaine fees, at least. USAPA just finished up a $35 million grievance on LTD for the west....and USAPA won...
It's the least they can do as a thank you while they continue to pursue a DFR suit against USAPA.

Frankly, they don't deserve it, if you asked me...but it seems that USAPA id still fighting the good fight on their behalf with the company...even though the west is still litigating a DFR...

Go figure....

(it's their $$, and the Nic is worth fighting for...I guess)

Was that for the west? I think I heard that that money was money owed to the East pilots who were on LTD. As a matter of fact an East pilot friend of mine told me he actually had money put into his account....

Well, I'll check my sources..I thought it was a west deal. If I'm wrong, then I misspoke.

I'll look into it further...meantime, pay your dues....or go see the "man"...and this time, nobody walks.

Hey, Tazz...

just curious if you're one of the westies who have recently "capitulated" under the gun of termination by Hemenway recently?

Yep, seems the westies are coughing up thousands and thousands of dollars in back dues/ reinstatement fees these days...how nice.

So which is it? You beg us to participate and then sh!t on those of us who have... Okay. Noted.

Of course, this must place an added financial burden on all of you out west...AOL begging for money...Hemenway about to flip the switch on you...and, of course...your legal fees to "keep the gift alive..."

We wouldn't pay it if we couldn't afford it. As far as Hemenway is concerned you and your friends may want to recheck those facts. Hemenway as the company representative is involved in a grievance regarding Section 29. I know of no decision as of yet. So to say he is "about to flip the switch" is a little misleading. Although once the grievance is settled I would think most will pay up. There is no way out of it. However, how much is the dispute... You should read up on this stuff! The info is out there and very informative. Don't rely on your BPR as your sole source of info. It'll bite you in the end.

(Yes...I still have friends in high places after all this time.)

Yeah we figured. Although "high places" is a relative perspective. The white on bird sh!t is "high places" to an insect...

PS: I gather that the vast majority (500+) of the west who are now paying but are dissenting objectors are still in bad standing.

You do understand that these individuals can't vote, right?....And therefore your "viral plan" (for Metroyet) won't work...right?

500+ is far from the majority. But don't take my word for it. You just continue to have your friends in "high places" (mis)inform you...

You guys just can't seem to figure this whole battle plan out correctly.

Seems to be working alright. You don't have your DOH plan in place yet. Or did your friends in "high places" tell you it was gonna happen any time now...

So which is it? You beg us to participate and then sh!t on those of us who have... Okay. Noted.

We wouldn't pay it if we couldn't afford it. As far as Hemenway is concerned you and your friends may want to recheck those facts. Hemenway as the company representative is involved in a grievance regarding Section 29. I know of no decision as of yet. So to say he is "about to flip the switch" is a little misleading. Although once the grievance is settled I would think most will pay up. There is no way out of it. However, how much is the dispute... You should read up on this stuff! The info is out there and very informative. Don't rely on your BPR as your sole source of info. It'll bite you in the end.

Yeah we figured. Although "high places" is a relative perspective. The white on bird sh!t is "high places" to an insect...

500+ is far from the majority. But don't take my word for it. You just continue to have your friends in "high places" (mis)inform you...

Seems to be working alright. You don't have your DOH plan in place yet. Or did your friends in "high places" tell you it was gonna happen any time now...

"Beg" is a strong word...furloughee in waiting...it is your legal responsibility under the law. The East would like for this to work out nicely, but work out it will...happily or not. Mr. Hemenway saw no less than 4 west pilots recently: 3 wrote a check before he fired them...the last has until next Friday to get aboard...or he's gone...period. The clock is running on him as we speak. Every day now there are letters arriving that will get sent up to the hatchet-man...

Are you "in good hands?"...

yep, still plugged in to current events.

I suggest you get up to date yourself.

The silence is deafening...

I'm over 3000 miles away and I'm "breaking news" to these guys...

wow

whatever

Just curious if anyone here has any idea how the upcoming hearings in febuary regarding the large rj issue are expected to go and what some of the likely results of this may be?

I expect a management principal to pull another "sick out" so the process can be again delayed. Maybe Lyle Hogg can issue another "doctor's note" demand to discourage such things.

The silence is deafening...

I'm over 3000 miles away and I'm "breaking news" to these guys...

wow

whatever

Actually Des I was putting my kids to bed. But your comment does beg the question... Why the number 3000? I thought you were in NZ mate?

Your right, I did not know there were 4 people who visited Hemenways office recently. Unless of course you are talking about the 4 who were originally targeted. The same four of which 3 decided to pay in the hope that the one who continues to wait for the arbitration will bring some clarity to the disagreement. Strange that the numbers you quote are the same in this case. But that cant be the same 4! Those 4 started this process a few months ago now and it is old news. Are you talking about those 4? If so, I understand that the arbitration is scheduled for April 1st. I will say though that I have heard of additional letters going out. 10 to be exact. 4 east and 6 west. So having said that I am confused about which four we are talking about. Is it the original 4? 'Cause if it is then that is old news friend. Now if we are talking about 4 of the most recent 6 then yeah you've got news. Although I'm pretty sure I would have heard of an additional hold-out here in the west...

Status
Not open for further replies.