US Airways Pilots' Labor Thread 5/19-5/26 READ THE FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hp Fa,

I, for one, (an East pilot), would like to say thank you for , what I perceive, is an unbiased, no angle-based, lawyerish (sp?) type posting on this webboard. It has educated me and given me the legal going on's in the court room that I can receive since I have chosen to stay on the sidelines. Please keep it up! Thank You

Thank you very much. I appreciate that because I have tried to play the analysis of the legal proceedings in an unbiased manner and I am glad to see that it is at least coming across that way to a few people.

For what it is worth I had incorrectly perceived you as a moderate West pilot based on your occasional comments.

So you're saying that what those two pilots did in BOS was on par with a jumpseat denial?

To echo pi's enlightened response: "uh huh."

You folks just cannot accept facts even when they are staring you right in the face can you?

I would suggest you review Section 2a of your pilot handbook. Its all there in living black and white.

I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt and really come up with what major safety threat some loose galley items on an empty airplane are, I can't. Should they have secured the galley? Sure. Messy, wasteful, making work for others I can see, major safety threat I cannot. I hear fwd galley items flying on take off about 2% of the time. Should I file an ASAP? Should I turn those unprofessional(tic) F/As in? That seems to be a west trend that has been discussed in another thread.

I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt and really come up with what major safety threat some loose galley items on an empty airplane are, I can't. Should they have secured the galley? Sure. Messy, wasteful, making work for others I can see, major safety threat I cannot. I hear fwd galley items flying on take off about 2% of the time. Should I file an ASAP? Should I turn those unprofessional(tic) F/As in? That seems to be a west trend that has been discussed in another thread.

Well fortunately your attitude has no bearing on this matter. It is up to a third party to do the right thing here. And you can do nothing about it.

And besides, who said this was about safety? Did you actually read the Safety Department mandate I posted earlier? Specifically this:

Areas identified to be in non-compliance with company policy/procedures

Give it up pi, you are flat out wrong on this one.

I only hope that Flyby does the right thing......that crew ignored procedure and she had to clean up their mess.

For what it is worth I had incorrectly perceived you as a moderate West pilot based on your occasional comments.

Hell, this board is so polarized that anytime a moderate comes in to introduce themselves they are immediately accosted and thrown in to the only 2 groups that actually exist here. Hardcore East and Hardcore West. Sooner or later somebody will piss them off and they'll abandon their "moderate" approach for a hostile one. Nothing personal, just business (did you like that one Snoop?). :ph34r:

Hell, this board is so polarized that anytime a moderate comes in to introduce themselves they are immediately accosted and thrown in to the only 2 groups that actually exist here.

Maybe that is why I seek the middle and try to stay away from character assassination. Disagree without being disagreeable is an OK place for me to be.

While we are on the topic of cleaning up messes.

Had I been with flybynite, I would have simply helped clean up the galley, realized these things happen, thought that was unthoughtful of the departing crew, and left it at that.

I would then proceed to the flightdeck to clean up the mess these two morons left up front.

What is with you people. I really do not want your leftover raspberry vinegrette dressing, or your empty sour cream and chive sun chip wrappers, or an entire library of muscle and fitness magazines, or the classified section of the Peoria Morning Gazette. Please remove them when you go!

And, if you happen to find a pair of black Raybans, please drop them in the lost and found in the Phx crew room where some other equally unthoughtful idiot can pick up a pair of sunglasses for free.

Thank you,

Nic4, over and out!

Maybe that is why I seek the middle and try to stay away from character assassination. Disagree without being disagreeable is an OK place for me to be.

For the record I applaud your efforts here. And while I may disagree with some of your assessments I do think you've been more than fair....

Well fortunately your attitude has no bearing on this matter. It is up to a third party to do the right thing here. And you can do nothing about it.

And besides, who said this was about safety? Did you actually read the Safety Department mandate I posted earlier? Specifically this:

Areas identified to be in non-compliance with company policy/procedures

Give it up pi, you are flat out wrong on this one.

I only hope that Flyby does the right thing......that crew ignored procedure and she had to clean up their mess.

In your humble opinion, right? You were there with them so you know they ignored it? They could have forgotten about it, never knew it, misunderstood the POH? It must be great to never make a mistake.

You said :
"Excuse me, but safety is not, and never will be an "East v. West" thing. It is simply your mindset that wishes to make it so.....", so I guess you said it was about safety.

Hey, you gave fly your opinion, I gave her/him mine. It's up to her/him on how to handle it.

While we are on the topic of cleaning up messes.

Had I been with flybynite, I would have simply helped clean up the galley, realized these things happen, thought that was unthoughtful of the departing crew, and left it at that.

I would then proceed to the flightdeck to clean up the mess these two morons left up front.

What is with you people. I really do not want your leftover raspberry vinegrette dressing, or your empty sour cream and chive sun chip wrappers, or an entire library of muscle and fitness magazines, or the classified section of the Peoria Morning Gazette. Please remove them when you go!

And, if you happen to find a pair of black Raybans, please drop them in the lost and found in the Phx crew room where some other equally unthoughtful idiot can pick up a pair of sunglasses for free.

Thank you,

Nic4, over and out!

Amen brother! What's with the half full bottles of water? I really don't want the rest!

So you're saying that what those two pilots did in BOS was on par with a jumpseat denial?

To echo pi's enlightened response: "uh huh."

You folks just cannot accept facts even when they are staring you right in the face can you?

I would suggest you review Section 2a of your pilot handbook. Its all there in living black and white.

Accept what facts? There is "no par", even- steven, or any other logical reason for denying a Jumpseat. The problem with "you folks" is I guess it's some sort of payback. "Well, I'll show you" just like one of the previous posters who said I don't deny jumpseats but I might deny Sully. Okay, play your game if it makes you feel better. Meantime, all are welcome I my jumpseat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts