US Schedule Enhancements

Well it won't be PHX, East metal, East Crew, that is pretty simple to figure out.
Fine with me. Enjoy the beach! Enjoy Mooses, Dukes, Hula's...

The HNL hotel is really nice. Not on the beach, but only a few blocks away.
I hate red eye flights and have not worked a HNL for more than a year!

After being up all day having fun and probably slightly sunburned, the thought of an all nighter with only a short nap prior...no thanks.

The rank and file (most pilots and flight attendants) are all for 6 day trips. As beachboy said, AFA has no real issue with it either. USAPA, on the other hand, is opposed to it. Not so much because they don't like 6 day trips, but they know the company wants them and are using this, rightfully so, as leverage for something else.

The company can't build a civilized 4-day so I can just imagine what they'd do with a 6-day. Why would anyone want to give them more rope with which to hang us ?

If you want to fly 6 days in a row...fly 2 3-days back to back. Oh yeah, those 3-days are getting pretty brutal too.

The rank and file (most pilots and flight attendants) are all for 6 day trips. As beachboy said, AFA has no real issue with it either. USAPA, on the other hand, is opposed to it. Not so much because they don't like 6 day trips, but they know the company wants them and are using this, rightfully so, as leverage for something else.

I have no desire to do 6-day trips.

Don't knock it until you have tried it. We used to have one that flew MIA-LHR-ORD-LHR-MIA, and before that we had one that one MIA-LHR-PHL-LHR-MIA. I never liked three days except for Europe and would never do a 4 day domestic or island trip. But the 6 day Europe trips go by so fast and have 3 long layovers to enjoy. Plus you only do 2 trips a month.

We would leave at 8 PM on the first day to London, arrive early and not have to leave until the following afternoon. Head off to Chicago arrive at 4 PM and have the rest of that day and until late evening the next day to enjoy the city. Off to London and another good layover and then home the next day by 2 PM.

It sounds awful until you do one and the time flys by. The first day you do go in until late evening and are home on the last day early afternoon. It was like a 4 day with great layovers, then you have 10 or 12 days off.

usairways.com depicts the flights starting Dec 17th CLT-HNL Flt 807 10 h 14 m and returning Flt 808 Dec 18th 8 h 57m.

Fine with me. Enjoy the beach! Enjoy Mooses, Dukes, Hula's...

The HNL hotel is really nice. Not on the beach, but only a few blocks away.
I hate red eye flights and have not worked a HNL for more than a year!

After being up all day having fun and probably slightly sunburned, the thought of an all nighter with only a short nap prior...no thanks.
Well if I remember correctly, in the transition agreement it says the East can do Hawaii service (I think we are allowed 1 route) and the West metal and crews can do Trans Atlantic (I think up to 2 routes). Not sure on that and maybe it means PHX-Hawaii. I know somebody on here knows the answer to that.

usairways.com depicts the flights starting Dec 17th CLT-HNL Flt 807 10 h 14 m and returning Flt 808 Dec 18th 8 h 57m.
Yep, they moved it out a month, it now shows (in the OAG) as starting December 17 and ending June 15, 2010.

Also, as speculated, the PHL-ATH flight will change to a new 332, starting on May 10, 2010.

Also, as speculated, the PHL-ATH flight will change to a new 332, starting on May 10, 2010.

The A332 is also scheduled to fly PHL-BCN (daily seasonal flights resume 4/4), PHL-FCO, PHL-MUC, and one of the PHL-FRA flights. As mentioned in anothe thread, CLT-CDG is scheduled to be an A333 as of now, and will resume on 3/27, about one month earlier than it started this year.

The placement of an A332 on PHL-FCO is interesting is probably an indication that they plan to either 1)Add a 2nd PHL-FCO flight or, more likely 2) Begin CLT-FCO service

Well if I remember correctly, in the transition agreement it says the East can do Hawaii service (I think we are allowed 1 route) and the West metal and crews can do Trans Atlantic (I think up to 2 routes).

Basically right except the the words "as announced or operated" on the date the TA was ratified. Quite a bit of Europe service has been added since those words were written, which makes it fair game for either side.

Jim

So next summer the A332 can potentially be used on: (potentially because things will likely change)

PHL-TLV
PHL-ATH
PHL-MUC
PHL-FCO
PHL-FRA
PHL-MUC
PHL-BCN

Will they have enough frames by next summer to use them on all these routes?

I'm not sure who's rank and file you're talking about but no one I know is remotely interested in 6-day trips.

And you bet your AFA has an issue with it. I don't give a what Beachboy says. (sorry Beachboy)(PM me if you want to chew on me)

So your statement is a No Go.

I have been **tch slapped worse. ;) When I tell you I spoke with people inside AFA that had no issue with INTERNATIONAL 6 days trips when asked by the company, I swear on the bible. They said USAPA said no way. Call Mike Flores and ask. It came up as recent as last Thankgiving.

I think flight attendants would jump all over a six day int'l trip in a hearbeat. Certainly those that commute in for a trip. Much easier on them to not have to hold a crashpad or pay for a hotel doing back to back int'l trips.

So next summer the A332 can potentially be used on: (potentially because things will likely change)

PHL-TLV
PHL-ATH
PHL-MUC
PHL-FCO
PHL-FRA
PHL-MUC
PHL-BCN

Will they have enough frames by next summer to use them on all these routes?
Starting November 1, 2009, LHR is scheduled to change to a 332. Typically most schedule/equipment updates out more than 10 months are really indefinite/tentative. IMO the only certainties today are likely LHR, TLV (2), ATH and FCO. Unless there has been a recent change, a total of Ten 332s should have been delivered by end of 2010.

The placement of an A332 on PHL-FCO is interesting is probably an indication that they plan to either 1)Add a 2nd PHL-FCO flight or, more likely 2) Begin CLT-FCO service

I think I remember reading that they applied for FCO slots for this season at the annual auction and what they got weren't operationally viable.

Back