USAIR Merger

Mr parker can offer what sounds like a nice package,not unlike what politicians offer when running for office. Its all hype and its sad some believe whatever is being said that sounds good,too good to be true.Airways is still around due to two trips through chapter 11 and some of the lowest pay scales among the majors. What ever doug says has to be taken with a grain of salt. He is trying to get his foot in the door since he never did at delta and united.
He has been unable to bring labor peace at airways for years and just imagine trying to digest much larger AA.Sounds like a case of projectile vomiting for years.
I have always in the past enjoyed flying on AA and they project a higher level of professionalism than US. US has a very small wide body fleet and some hubs are low yield and has little coverage of cities in the midwest.
Look through the glowing words and see if it really makes sense to join a small carrier that still has not gotten its own house in order.

Reactions: 2 people
Do any of those managers expect to go thru BK and retain their 90k salary? Good luck on that one.........

Exactly.............. and if they do stick around with paycuts, ill feelings and bitterness which will project itself on the rank and file are sure to ensue. Imagine this scenario..the 55K a year US manager doing the same job as a 75K a year AA manager..new pay scale sets the pay at 62K. 40K a year US manager doing same job as 55K a year AA manager..new pay scale is set at 48K.. US managers happy..AA managers..not so much.

My question was guided at them not taking a cut without US involved. They will take a hit either way. I have no doubts that AA is heavy on management, as are most airlines....more chiefs than Indians......
I also think that it is a bit premature to speculate on what any management rates of pay will be. Perhaps they will all be brought in line with each other.

A question, is the current AA management team holding off USair because they want to have 8% (what UAL management got when they emerged from BK) of AA when we come out BK? Or do they really believe AA will be better as a stand alone airline? <_<

A question, is the current AA management team holding off USair because they want to have 8% (what UAL management got when they emerged from BK) of AA when we come out BK? Or do they really believe AA will be better as a stand alone airline? <_<

You would have to be naive not to think it hash't crossed their minds, but that is not necessarily an overriding thought or even a basis for their plan. The UCC is only interested in a plan that gives them the most value, meaning short and long term strategies. The USA merger idea immediately gives AA a boost, in terms of mass and ability to get back corporate travel contracts, but so would an AA+JB merger. Code sharing with them does too but puts longer term issues in place. AA would be accelerating JB growth, who will more than likely eventually bite the hand that feeds it.

I imagine there will be some tweaks to the AA plan, both in employee concessions and growth plans to address the nee for a try East coast hub.