Voting Yes

the only question will be by how much does the contract get voted down? My bet is it gets voted down by over 70% after talking to some of your members here. I'm sure your negotiations committee doesn't support this contract either and it was only a procedural move to further a process.

the only question will be by how much does the contract get voted down? My bet is it gets voted down by over 70% after talking to some of your members here. I'm sure your negotiations committee doesn't support this contract either and it was only a procedural move to further a process.

My take as well. :)

I think a "no" vote pushes you into the NMB's wilderness for six months to a year while they focus attention on the flight attendants and pilots. Something to think about.

I think a "no" vote pushes you into the NMB's wilderness for six months to a year while they focus attention on the flight attendants and pilots. Something to think about.

For those who see the TAs as too concessionary, that might not be such a terrible result. Besides, AA's fortunes might actually improve in 6-12 months, making it easier to justify pay raises.

At least in a "wilderness" you can eventually walk out of and into clear skies. If this ta passes the "wilderness" will become a permanent cesspool of hate and discontent.

If the NMB takes 6 months to a year to deal with the other work groups that is fine with me. If it is one thing these negotiations have taught us is patience. The company wants to drag their feet? Okay. The NMB helps them drag their feet? Okay. All the larger our retro check will be. Before anyone starts claiming the company will not/can't afford to pay retro I say otherwise. If they are not held accountable they will continue to drag their feet forever in the future.

Vote No!

I have not seen a hint of a retro in any negotiations. As a matter of fact, I don't believe our negotiating teams are even asking for that as part of the package. Where do you think that will be thrown in from and from who, the company, the NMB? :lol:

I have not seen a hint of a retro in any negotiations. As a matter of fact, I don't believe our negotiating teams are even asking for that as part of the package. Where do you think that will be thrown in from and from who, the company, the NMB? :lol:

I had heard that the union had agreed to forgo any retro pay as a gesture of good faith. I kid you NOT on that.

Attachments

• laughter.jpg
    laughter.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 178
" I had heard that the union had agreed to forgo any retro pay as a gesture of good faith. "

Anyone know if that was true? Maybe Bob Owens. Thanks

" I had heard that the union had agreed to forgo any retro pay as a gesture of good faith. "

Dint hear that.
Maybe it was part of the strategy of "takiing the high road" or "turning the other cheek". Must be great when are making $150K a year and you can be such a good Christian with other peoples money!

At least in a "wilderness" you can eventually walk out of and into clear skies. If this ta passes the "wilderness" will become a permanent cesspool of hate and discontent.

If the NMB takes 6 months to a year to deal with the other work groups that is fine with me. If it is one thing these negotiations have taught us is patience. The company wants to drag their feet? Okay. The NMB helps them drag their feet? Okay. All the larger our retro check will be. Before anyone starts claiming the company will not/can't afford to pay retro I say otherwise. If they are not held accountable they will continue to drag their feet forever in the future.

Vote No!
And maybe the Union can start saying No as well. No-to using COPE funds to get immunity from anti-trust with BA, No to "working together" , No to PLI, JLT etec, etc.

For those who see the TAs as too concessionary, that might not be such a terrible result. Besides, AA's fortunes might actually improve in 6-12 months, making it easier to justify pay raises.
Put your crack pipe down! The next opener will open to get rid of the rest of the AMT's left by this POS!

Dint hear that.
Maybe it was part of the strategy of "takiing the high road" or "turning the other cheek". Must be great when are making $150K a year and you can be such a good Christian with other peoples money!

Thanks Bob. I totally agree with you.

... being to the workers' detriment, it's probably true ...

If AA's fortunes improve (and I hope they do) I'll be right there in line to take my share. I've always said we should get it all back and more. Just a question of when. If the company were making big profits I wouldn't put up with this stuff, but since it is losing big money I'm willing to go along for a short duration contract.

Latest posts

Back