Welcome to Omerica - Forced Labor

dapoes

Veteran
May 17, 2008
So sifting through the Obama transition web site. Here are screenshots of creepy items to keep an eye on. America Serves…or else!

The Obama Administration will call on Americans to serve in order to meet the nation’s challenges. President-Elect Obama will expand national service programs like AmeriCorps and Peace Corps and will create a new Classroom Corps to help teachers in underserved schools, as well as a new Health Corps, Clean Energy Corps, and Veterans Corps. Obama will call on citizens of all ages to serve America, by developing a plan to require 50 hours of community service in middle school and high school and 100 hours of community service in college every year. Obama will encourage retiring Americans to serve by improving programs available for individuals over age 55, while at the same time promoting youth programs such as Youth Build and Head Start.

1achangeweb003.jpg

That is compulsory labor, who will be doing the enforcement of it, Obama’s Goons, the Black Liberation Army?

Whats next? Conscription? :blink:

that's easy: unconstitutional

One would think that the nation's first black President would select a different part of the Constitution to violate than the one that prohibits slavery. :blink:

If you change the word "require" to something like "as part of high school/college curriculum," I think it's a great idea.

I don't think there's anything wrong with getting people involved in society.

You guy must not work with many 19-22 year olds? I do, and frankly, a lot of them could use some civics lessons/discipline...

If you change the word "require" to something like "as part of high school/college curriculum," I think it's a great idea.

You guy must not work with many 19-22 year olds? I do, and frankly, a lot of them could use some civics lessons/discipline...

And where is the money coming from to institute such a grandiose idea? Oh yeah i forgot, tax cuts.. :down:

I can somewhat see your point...but his verbage brings to mind young children in uniforms holding their right hands up.

Im sure if the election looked like this (see pic) the outcome would have been much different.

obama-mccain-skin-switched_43187360.jpg

The Grey New York advertising agency released this poster Monday depicting Barack Obama and John McCain with their skin color and hair switched. The agency said it created the image to remind voters to "let the issues be the issue."

And where is the money coming from to institute such a grandiose idea? Oh yeah i forgot, tax cuts.. :down:

Well volunteerism itself is free...

As for the costs of administering such a program? I don't know the actual number, but I would imagine it's fairly small compared to some of the other programs on the table.

As for the costs of administering such a program? I don't know the actual number, but I would imagine it's fairly small compared to some of the other programs on the table.

Word is there's untaxed monies in Pension funds and 401K's just begging for taxation... :shock:

You mean forced labor right? Small cost? Hardly, the numbers would be staggering to coordinate this forced labor for every person who is in middle school, high school and college???

When people are hurting for money his plan is to have the youth work for free? Stalin would be so proud.

i have an idea , instead of constantly tearing down our presient elect , why don't you post something nice that's he got planned that you agree with ?

Or are you guys so PARTISIAN that your blinded to everything ?

i have an idea , instead of constantly tearing down our presient elect , why don't you post something nice that's he got planned that you agree with ?

Or are you guys so PARTISIAN that your blinded to everything ?

Its not so much about PARTISAN politics, its more like I have zero faith he will do any good for this country. Except make a worse situation extremely worse.

well half of this nation feels that he WILL make a change for the better , and it's the half that did not elect the last president , so why don't you relax a little and give the man a chance before tearing him apart ? he's not even in office yet ....

As for indocrnatining our youth , it already happens everyday in the public schools ... there's nothing wrong with teaching the kids civic duty ... and yes i'm ALL for having school uniforms as well ..

You mean forced labor right? Small cost? Hardly, the numbers would be staggering to coordinate this forced labor for every person who is in middle school, high school and college???

When people are hurting for money his plan is to have the youth work for free? Stalin would be so proud.

You are really off the mark here.

Please explain why you think community service as part of high school graduation is bad.

Do you not agree that the youth of America could benefit from a lesson in civic duty?

We're not talking about making big rocks into smaller rocks here; these kids come through school on our dime (just as we went through on our parents money)... Community service is a valuable way to give back.

I take it you're not involved in your community?

P.S. Bonus points for "re-appropriating" my line about being proud.

I can live/deal with his taxation policies and some of the rest of the rhetoric spewed forth. However when you express a desire to conscript our sons and daughters into "The Obame Brigades" it is for me a take it to the streets issue.

What if the programs involved were apolitical? What if the kids got to choose what they wanted to do? What if as a part of a program these kids were learning a skilled trade that would make them better prepared to enter the job market? Would you feel different?

Its not so much about PARTISAN politics, its more like I have zero faith he will do any good for this country. Except make a worse situation extremely worse.

The situation can't get much worse.

Dell,

What you say is not particularly funny as when I read the plan I immediately thought of the Hitler Jungen.

Indoctrination in an idealogy is NEVER a good idea no matter how well intentioned. The idea of forced community service is no different than the Hitler Jungen of days gone by.

I can live/deal with his taxation policies and some of the rest of the rhetoric spewed forth. However when you express a desire to conscript our sons and daughters into "The Obame Brigades" it is for me a take it to the streets issue.

We as a nation fought a war with The British Empire a few hundred years ago. Not to mention our very own Civil War, Landed on Normandy & Guadalcanal all in the name of freedom and liberty. The "Obama Brigades" concept is flawed and an afront to freedom loving people.

I wasn't being funny .Bob.You took it the way I did too.