Welcome to Omerica - Forced Labor

well first of all , if the children ARE indocrnated , then i COMPLETELY agree ....

America for Americans! like i said before , i'm a nationalist ....

i'm sick of a divorce rate of over 50% percent in this country , if they can force some morality into kids in school , then i'm on board ...

i'm sick of the greedy people who inhibit this world , who care nothing but for themselves and their own money ... if we can teach children that they are part of a society , i'm on board ....

it IS time for a change , a change away from the road our youth is heading down .... always attached to their cell phones , complete self involvment .. a total lack of responsiblity ....

If we have to take extrodinary measures to bring forth a sense of social and personal responsiblity and ethics by TEACHING it to the next generation , SO BE IT .

well first of all , if the children ARE indocrnated , then i COMPLETELY agree ....

i'm sick of a divorce rate of over 50% percent in this country , if they can force some morality into kids in school , then i'm on board ...

i'm sick of the greedy people who inhibit this world , who care nothing but for themselves and their own money ... if we can teach children that they are part of a society , i'm on board ....

it IS time for a change , a change away from the road our youth is heading down .... always attached to their cell phones , complete self involvment .. a total lack of responsiblity ....

If we have to take extrodinary measures to bring forth a sense of social and personal responsiblity and ethics by TEACHING it to the next generation , SO BE IT .

If you look into our schools up to and including college....they are being indoctrinated into Liberal politics all the time.

Ethics? You must be referring to the appalling state the nation was in when Janet Jackson flashed a boob on TV? Im sure the youth of America is still reeling....

there you go again , with partisian views ...

our children NEED a liberal agenda ,at least on the econmic side of the equation ... as for the other half , our children aren't as social liberal at you think ....

and it's better to attempt to do SOMETHING than nothing ...

i would call voulnteer work a conservetaive agenda because it would actually make the kids DO something other than sit on their asses and play video games all day .

What if the programs involved were apolitical? What if the kids got to choose what they wanted to do? What if as a part of a program these kids were learning a skilled trade that would make them better prepared to enter the job market? Would you feel different?

Yes but thats not what Obama is proposing.

The situation can't get much worse.

Wanna bet?

In Germany it was a "Civic Duty" to report Jews, Gypsy's, Jehovah's Witness, Gays and some I forgotten to the "Authorities"

All those in favor of the formation of the Obama Brigades raise their right hand

View attachment 8046

So all civic duty leads to fascism? Since the elections in Iran are not free does that mean that no elections are free?

Freedom,

What you're missing is that ANY involuntary activity by ANY government is forced upon the citizenry of that country is by it's very existance an afront to Freedom & Liberty and must be confronted and stopped at all cost.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed"

I fear for this country as the "Sheeple" already allowed the Patriot Act to pass. Next perhaps the Obama Brigades. I wonder if they will have snappy uniforms like these?

View attachment 8047

bob that's B.S and you know it ... please we have to do thousands of things for the goverment .... like we MUST educate our children , either by schooling them at home or sending them TO a school , failure to do school can result in parents getting arrested .... want to drive a car ? guess what , you HAVE to take a drivers test ... do you want to vote ? then in many states you have to register first or you won't be allowed to vote ....

hell i had to do community service when i was in junior high ... i ended up spending time with some special ED children ... it was people i had never been around before , and thus i developed a new sense of understanding for the mentally disabled ....

CIVIL DUTY is NOT too much to ask of the youth , if it is , then god help us all .

As long as the Community Service is voluntary I've no problem. Each of us IMO has a moral obligation to our fellow citizens to give back to our respective communities. What we as citizens DO NOT have to and should NEVER have to have our sons and daughters conscripted into the service of the government. That's why we have volunter armed forces.

As for the rest it's not the same thing. Personally I'm not in favor of forcing a parent to send kids to school or have them comply with government mandated course work. If parents want to raise a generation of dumb arses I say fine by me. The Constitution guarantees many rights. One of which is the right to be stupid and not get an education. Another is the right to speed on a motorcycle with no helmet. I'm in favor of the abolition of helmet and seat belt laws. Let Darwinism do its job. People who are dumb enough to do either regularly need to be taken out of the gene pool before it becomes a gene puddle.

Just remember we have NO private schools in the USA, only privately funded schools as each school is REQUIRED to teach certain courses in order to be accredited by the Government.

Politicians are alot like diapers. They need to be changed often and usually for the same reason.

well bob , i've got news for ya , i personally didn't WANT to do any community service when i was in junior high , it was part of my class , so i had no choice in the matter ... but because i was a CHILD i didn't know any better ,and now looking back , i'm glad that i did it ....

Because we are adults we have to teach children things they may not want to learn , like showering for instance ... civic duty is much the same as anything else in life ... at least pushing them to try it once won't make them worse off .... as it is now our children spend WAY too much time playing video games and sitting infront of the TV ....

you and the ACULA can take this to court if it ever comes about .... but given the choice between sending our children out to interact with others and learn civility and a work eithc VS letting them continue to sit infront of the TV/COMPUTER/video games , i'll opt for community service ANY DAY ...

Yes!

As long as the Community Service is voluntary I've no problem. Each of us IMO has a moral obligation to our fellow citizens to give back to our respective communities. What we as citizens DO NOT have to and should NEVER have to have our sons and daughters conscripted into the service of the government. That's why we have volunter armed forces.

Has that always been the case?

As for the rest it's not the same thing. Personally I'm not in favor of forcing a parent to send kids to school or have them comply with government mandated course work. If parents want to raise a generation of dumb arses I say fine by me. The Constitution guarantees many rights. One of which is the right to be stupid and not get an education. Another is the right to speed on a motorcycle with no helmet. I'm in favor of the abolition of helmet and seat belt laws. Let Darwinism do its job. People who are dumb enough to do either regularly need to be taken out of the gene pool before it becomes a gene puddle.

Just remember we have NO private schools in the USA, only privately funded schools as each school is REQUIRED to teach certain courses in order to be accredited by the Government.

Politicians are alot like diapers. They need to be changed often and usually for the same reason.

Adult freedoms are one thing, 'freedoms' for minors are a totally different story IMO. These dumb asses you are referring to are the future of society. An educated society is the most powerful thing there is. Just as we require (and rightly so IMO) certain levels of health care for children, we also need to make sure that all children get at least a high school education. I have no interest in a dead beat parent making a decision that will adversely affect a child who has not say in the matter. For societies sake, government has an obligation to ensure an education for all.

If someone want to drive without a helmet I could care less.

PB, please refrain from the ghastly Nazi comparisons to Obama. For one thing they are opposite ends of the political spectrum. And I am not impressed by your collection of propaganda Hitler pictures.

Obama is a decent and good man. Mandatory civic service is noble goal (compliance will be another issue...) and give him an opportunity to do something first. And I voted for McCain too.

Your seat belt/helmet/Darwinism crack is ludicrous. We as humans are better. And I would and have extended a voluntary helping hand thousands of times without having the government tell me to do it.

We are paying the huge social costs anyway of devaluing the importance of children. A new approach is needed.

Cosworth,

I desire a society where Freedom and Liberty reigns supreme.

What troubles people with the above is most aren't willing to take ownership of their lives and look for scapegoats and crutchs instead. The price of Freedom & Liberty is RISK.

no what you desire is anarchy .. and in anarchy while everyone may be free , there is no liberty ....

I dont know how long its been since many of you were in high school, but when I was there (25 years ago) many of the students were already required to do volunteer work. If you were in Honor Society, Debs, Leo and many other civic student organizations, community service and volunteer work were a given if you wanted to stay in the organization. We could choose most of the time what we wanted to do from a list of suggestions, but you had to do X amount of time each semester to remain in the group. I would venture a guess, that with few exceptions, those that did community service and helped with other volunteer work have become much more successful in their lives since they had the opportunity to learn from whomever they were assisting and got a sense of purpose. I see nothing wrong with requiring students to do community work (within limits, no digging ditches or building bridges) in order to complete a required curriculum in order to pass and get a diploma.
You know what, on second thought lets just let the kids play video games and do what they want instead. I'm sure they'll become much more productive members of society that way.

the proposed forced labor being discussed here.

What forced labor did you read about in the website from Obama? I dont see "forced labor" anywhere. I see community service. There is a big difference in the two. Community service can be mentoring little kids in school work, or coaching Little League or Pop Warner, driving the elderly to the store or doctor or mowing your old lady neighbors yard. Forced labor would require shackles and guards and heavy lifting and punishment. I see the two as being very different things. Of course, when I see the board members who are posting that we're going to be assigning our kids to the chain gang, I should take it with a grain of salt.

Update:

Looks like there was a quick change of words on Obama's site:

The Obama Administration will call on Americans to serve in order to meet the nation’s challenges. President-Elect Obama will expand national service programs like AmeriCorps and Peace Corps and will create a new Classroom Corps to help teachers in underserved schools, as well as a new Health Corps, Clean Energy Corps, and Veterans Corps. Obama will call on citizens of all ages to serve America, by setting a goal that all middle school and high school students do 50 hours of community service a year and by developing a plan so that all college students who conduct 100 hours of community service receive a universal and fully refundable tax credit ensuring that the first $4,000 of their college education is completely free. Obama will encourage retiring Americans to serve by improving programs available for individuals over age 55, while at the same time promoting youth programs such as Youth Build and Head Start.

Wonder why :lol: