Welcome to Omerica - Forced Labor

Update:

Looks like there was a quick change of words on Obama's site:

The Obama Administration will call on Americans to serve in order to meet the nation’s challenges. President-Elect Obama will expand national service programs like AmeriCorps and Peace Corps and will create a new Classroom Corps to help teachers in underserved schools, as well as a new Health Corps, Clean Energy Corps, and Veterans Corps. Obama will call on citizens of all ages to serve America, by setting a goal that all middle school and high school students do 50 hours of community service a year and by developing a plan so that all college students who conduct 100 hours of community service receive a universal and fully refundable tax credit ensuring that the first $4,000 of their college education is completely free. Obama will encourage retiring Americans to serve by improving programs available for individuals over age 55, while at the same time promoting youth programs such as Youth Build and Head Start.

Wonder why :lol:

Would you have rather he he kept with an idea that as not popular just because that was his original idea (stay the course) or modify the plan so that it is acceptable?

I dont know how long its been since many of you were in high school, but when I was there (25 years ago) many of the students were already required to do volunteer work. If you were in Honor Society, Debs, Leo and many other civic student organizations, community service and volunteer work were a given if you wanted to stay in the organization.

Key point Tad.....you chose to become a member of those groups which required those activities if you wanted to belong.

Not everyone is into those activities....others choose different ideals....go different ways.
Some go into academia while others choose trade schooling....some will only become homemakers while some will flounder.Its all about difference and individualism.We aren't all the same unless you want to force it and go into Marxism.

Would you have rather he he kept with an idea that as not popular just because that was his original idea (stay the course) or modify the plan so that it is acceptable?

He's gonna be damned if he does and damned if he doesnt. Would you all really prefer that he keep policies and plans that YOU and others seem to think were a problem from the beginning? Or are you just mad cause you arent going to be able to b**** about it any more? Next item. :shock:

Perhaps. This country is/has gone to hell in a hand basket. I cannot help but think that if people are required to help out in the community that they live in that people will have a vested interest in their community and a better understanding of the society of which they are a part of.

Society has to change and adapt in order to survive. This idea is one I like and one I can live with.

Perhaps. This country is/has gone to hell in a hand basket. I cannot help but think that if people are required to help out in the community that they live in that people will have a vested interest in their community and a better understanding of the society of which they are a part of.

Society has to change and adapt in order to survive. This idea is one I like and one I can live with.

OK, as long as I get a choice in which indoctrination activity I perform. Otherwise I won't feel like I have a "vested interest in my community" and I'll feel more like a slave.

Why should my kids perform the work that Liberal Do Gooders desire without compensation? Do you work for US Airways for free? Well my kid ain't cleaning turd bowls at the community center for free either.

Hitler killed 6million in the ovens. Ridiculous to compare that to Obama.

Cleaning toilets is your idea of volunteerism? Sad. Very very sad to use such extreme outlandish examples which you know are not true.

Delivering a hot meal to an elderly, crippled shut-in is a volunteer opporutnity too but I don't suppose your kids would do that either unless they are compensated. Mercy mercy.

13K posts is a lot of wasted time that you did not get paid for either.

If I were Barack Obama and I ran on a platform of "Change" my first message would be that we all have to pull together as the government can't do it alone I would quote Kennedy early and often.
That is precisely what he has done.

Barack Obama said:

Now, many of these plans will cost money, which is why I’ve laid out how I’ll pay for every dime – by closing corporate loopholes and tax havens that don’t help America grow. But I will also go through the federal budget, line by line, eliminating programs that no longer work and making the ones we do need work better and cost less – because we cannot meet twenty-first century challenges with a twentieth century bureaucracy.

And Democrats, we must also admit that fulfilling America’s promise will require more than just money. It will require a renewed sense of responsibility from each of us to recover what John F. Kennedy called our “intellectual and moral strength.†Yes, government must lead on energy independence, but each of us must do our part to make our homes and businesses more efficient. Yes, we must provide more ladders to success for young men who fall into lives of crime and despair. But we must also admit that programs alone can’t replace parents; that government can’t turn off the television and make a child do her homework; that fathers must take more responsibility for providing the love and guidance their children need.

Individual responsibility and mutual responsibility – that’s the essence of America’s promise.

Link to full text is here.

CIVIL DUTY is NOT too much to ask of the youth , if it is , then god help us all .
[/quote]

===================================================================
Kids running around with their pants down around their angles...drive by shootings are the norm---drugs the new God to a lost generation raised in the ghettos while CEO's live as Kings hoarding their money and preaching to the downtrodden to "pull up their boot straps".

I think Obama just may be exactly what this sorry nation needs. As it is under the far right, this nation is going at light speed straight to hell with the children in the front seat of the star ship named-- destination hell.

What's it going to hurt making every living soul perform so many hours of CIVIL DUTY. Exactly what's wrong with that idea? Or is the ideology of the day dreamed up on the far right just peachy? The extremely rich and the extremely poor is what the far right wants and they have succeeded in getting us all down that road to almost the point of no return in a world full of both extremes---poverty and wealth beyond imaginations, such as the over paid CEO’s compared to the working middle class with almost nothing and barely surviving while the CEO elitists look down their arrogant noses.

I used to believe the right had it right but I have since come to realize they only have it right IF it rightly fits them and to hell with everyone else and their woes. Rush Limbaugh with his cigar and Sean Hannity with his pride and others in the far right propaganda machine which is nothing more than an instrument of Satan. Look at the fruits it has produced and then dare to disagree!!

CIVIL DUTY is NOT too much to ask of the youth , if it is , then god help us all .

Kids running around with their pants down around their angles...drive by shootings are the norm---drugs the new God to a lost generation raised in the ghettos while CEO's live as Kings hoarding their money and preaching to the downtrodden to "pull up their boot straps".

I think Obama just may be exactly what this sorry nation needs. As it is under the far right, this nation is going at light speed straight to hell with the children in the front seat of the star ship named-- destination hell.

What's it going to hurt making every living soul perform so many hours of CIVIL DUTY. Exactly what's wrong with that idea? Or is the ideology of the day dreamed up on the far right just peachy? The extremely rich and the extremely poor is what the far right wants and they have succeeded in getting us all down that road to almost the point of no return in a world full of both extremes---poverty and wealth beyond imaginations, such as the over paid CEO’s compared to the working middle class with almost nothing and barely surviving while the CEO elitists look down their arrogant noses.

I used to believe the right had it right but I have since come to realize they only have it right IF it rightly fits them and to hell with everyone else and their woes. Rush Limbaugh with his cigar and Sean Hannity with his pride and others in the far right propaganda machine which nothing more than an instrument of Satan. Look at the fruits it has produced and then dare to disagree!!

Required/mandated is ............

I used to believe the right had it right but I have since come to realize they only have it right IF it rightly fits them and to hell with everyone else and their woes. Rush Limbaugh with his cigar and Sean Hannity with his pride and others in the far right propaganda machine which is nothing more than an instrument of Satan. Look at the fruits it has produced and then dare to disagree!!

Um, because we are supposed to be a free country rather than totalitarian?

Um, because we are supposed to be a free country rather than totalitarian?
Define freedom...a license to drive a car or truck another to fly a aircraft, another to fish or hunt, a permit to build a home, another to erect a radio tower, a license to transmit on a radio, a license to pump a tank barge, a registration to drive your car including one for the trailer you may also own, a degree to get a decent job which will cost you a lifetime of payments, don't have a degree then you need a trade and in most decent paying jobs some sort of license to go with it which includes engineers to craftsman, a license to work on an aircraft, a car, a truck, a plumber license to fix your pipes, want to cut hair, need that license, want to clean teeth, another license on and on and on you get the point-- all granted by some form of government.

Is THIS what you call freedom, hmmm???

True freedom doesn't exists in this life and why anyone walking around smiling and truly happy realizes the hope that lies within is beyond this life. In this life we all are slaves to one thing or the other and the only freedom you have is that “sometimesâ€￾ you get to pick which "thing" will be your anchor for your entire life. Freedom is not punching a clock or worrying about pleasing some freak of a boss or whose behind is ripe for the kissing so you can move forward.

Everyone and I mean everyone living on this planet needs permission from someone else before they can move forward--- no one has true freedom, no one. You’re dreaming if you think otherwise.

What could Obama possibly do that puts anyone into further indenture ship? NOTHING!! Especially when you consider the government in both parties just gave away 30 generations worth of wealth to giant corporations. Freedom my a-z-z!

Define freedom...a license to drive a car or truck another to fly a aircraft, another to fish or hunt, a permit to build a home, another to erect a radio tower, a license to transmit on a radio, a license to pump a tank barge, a registration to drive your car including one for the trailer you may also own, a degree to get a decent job which will cost you a lifetime of payments, don't have a degree then you need a trade and in most decent paying jobs some sort of license to go with it which includes engineers to craftsman, a license to work on an aircraft, a car, a truck, a plumber license to fix your pipes, want to cut hair, need that license, want to clean teeth, another license on and on and on you get the point-- all granted by some form of government.

Is THIS what you call freedom, hmmm???

No...most of what you just described are backdoor taxation.