Welcome to the Jungle

Nor do I. In 5 years I expect to see after Christmas sales starting at 4 p.m. Christmas day. ESPECIALLY if there is a price drop on big screens. Nothing like ruining a holiday for a non commissioned minimum wage employee in the name of increased profits.

Was watching stuff like this on the news. These people dont look very smart. To make worse, most items on sale were on sale for a lower price in august according to GMA.

I did go to Costco today, at about noon to get a couple of essentials. Could never understand why people would get up at o dark thirty to fight over stuff. Great way to prepare for a holiday that's about peace on earth.

I did go to Costco today, at about noon to get a couple of essentials. Could never understand why people would get up at o dark thirty to fight over stuff. Great way to prepare for a holiday that's about peace on earth.

I'm not going to 'get started' on the holiday/peace on earth part, but it's an Absolute Historical FACT that 'this holiday' has..... Nothing.....to do with 12/25 !!

Want to bet that most of the desired items are made in China.
I wonder if the Chinese go to the store looking to buy only Chinese made stuff?

Or do they want German engineered autos/machinery, Swiss watch movements, French wine, American rice, jeans, etc.?

I saw a piece on foxxconn, the chinese mfr of ipads. A reporter showed a worker an ipad that worked and loaded with software. She was awed. She had no idea that what she built did everything an ipad does. I wonder how that felt.

I'm sure they are fighting over most of the items to give as gifts...for themselves!

People don't seem to understand that items on sale are junk. A $1000 55 inch HD 1080p TV for $250. You get what you pay for. Black Friday is a tradition for sale stampeders that understand the true meaning of Christmas.

Too bad that most of these gluttons for punishment haven't figured out the stay at home internet shopping.

Its Free Enterprise. The American Way. Survival of the Fittest. Make sure you get yours..

It is indeed ALL of those things and oddly enough they gave us our standard of living.

However the operative word Dog is FREE! As in free to opt out of the Wal-Mart, Big box mentality and shope merchants where you live. Small Business Saturday needs to be extended another 364 days for most of us. I make a point to ALWAYS go to the local merchant first. If they can't meet the need, then and only then do I venture into Corporate America's Retail Rampage, while still staying out of Wal-Mart.

It's called Freedom folks, NO ONE holds a gun to your head on Black Friday. Shop where you choose if you choose.

It is indeed ALL of those things and oddly enough they gave us our standard of living.

However the operative word Dog is FREE! As in free to opt out of the Wal-Mart, Big box mentality and shope merchants where you live. Small Business Saturday needs to be extended another 364 days for most of us. I make a point to ALWAYS go to the local merchant first. If they can't meet the need, then and only then do I venture into Corporate America's Retail Rampage, while still staying out of Wal-Mart.

It's called Freedom folks, NO ONE holds a gun to your head on Black Friday. Shop where you choose if you choose.

What about black Thursday?

What about black Thursday?

Again, if no one shopped, then it would cease. It's all about Liberty, the right to live as you choose. If working on Thanksgiving offends you then I suggest you find a job outside of hosptality, retail or aviation.

Just because the Corpratists want it a certain way doesn't mean you have to play in their sandbox

Reactions: 1 person