What Are You Really Worth?

700UW said:
You are out of touch, no pilot only worked 30 hours a month being a block holder.

You have no idea.
[post="233554"][/post]​

This is crazy - from what I read (on usaviation) for United (as your post origionally referenced). The block holders had something like 36 hours a month. Plus those extra co-pilots who flew to europe for fun on the clock in a business or first class seat (because the union thought it was a good idea). I didn't bring United into this - you did.

DCFlyer said:
Frequently I hear about how rough it is to be in the business you are in on this board. By no means am I the final authority, but as a tax payer I deserve to have some answers. There is no Pineybob syndrome here. All I asked is a simple question....it sure is difficult trying to find an answer.

Actually, I too am a taxpayer and have no idea how much they make at U. And guess what, it's none of my business and it's none of yours. Why don't you post what you do for a living and let these people tell you how much you should make? Good grief, your arrogance is astounding.

DCFlyer said:
So bottom like is that an Agent who looks at a computer and talks to customers should be paid almost 70k a year (with benefits).
[post="233544"][/post]​

Well, if that's all an agent did.

A lot of agents perform security checks, clean the a/c, deice it, is accountable to TSA on security, FAA on safety, etc. And it ain't 9-5 with holidays and weekends off.

neverhome said:
Actually, I too am a taxpayer and have no idea how much they make at U. And guess what, it's none of my business and it's none of yours. Why don't you post what you do for a living and let these people tell you how much you should make? Good grief, your arrogance is astounding.
[post="233561"][/post]​

Dude - who got the ATSB loans? When Pilots were making more than the President? You bet I care.

neverhome said:
[post="233561"][/post]​

Good Grief Charlie Brown

I think you are confused. You copied the wrong poster when you're actually addressing my post, then again, have one on me, Pal.

Not one tax dollar is on the ATSB Backed loans.

It is all private financing. And it is backed with assets worth more then the value of the loan. Sun Yi Trust, Bank of America, Citibank and RSA are the lenders.

Don't let the facts get in your way.

DCFlyer said:
Dude - who got the ATSB loans? When Pilots were making more than the President? You bet I care.
[post="233564"][/post]​

The ATSB is not out any money and I don't think pilots ever made more than the President. Even if they did, it's not your business.

diogenes said:
Well, if that's all an agent did.

A lot of agents perform security checks, clean the a/c, deice it, is accountable to TSA on security, FAA on safety, etc. And it ain't 9-5 with holidays and weekends off.
[post="233562"][/post]​

I have yet to see an agent wand me, fix the seat beats, drive the de-icer.... They may fill out the security paper work...but back to my origional thread please answer the question.

DCFlyer said:
I have yet to see an agent wand me, fix the seat beats, drive the de-icer.... They may fill out the security paper work...but back to my origional thread please answer the question.
[post="233568"][/post]​
Agents do not wand passengers and all of the other things are done behind the scenes before you get near an airplane.

Try again, you have no idea of what you speak of.

Just because you dont see the mechanics change an engine it does not mean it has not happened.

sentrido said:
As a tax payer, I demand respect dammit! :angry:
[post="233572"][/post]​
Demand all you want...tax dollars are NOT involved and like they say crap in one hand....so forth for the other

700UW said:
Agents do not wand passengers and all of the other things are done behind the scenes before you get near an airplane.

Try again, you have no idea of what you speak of.

Just because you dont see the mechanics change an engine it does not mean it has not happened.
[post="233574"][/post]​

Mr./Ms 700UW

You stated that

" Well, if that's all an agent did.

A lot of agents perform security checks, clean the a/c, deice it, is accountable to TSA on security, FAA on safety, etc. And it ain't 9-5 with holidays and weekends off."

I responded to your question " I have yet to see an agent wand me, fix the seat belts (sp), drive the de-icer.... They may fill out the security paper work...but back to my origional thread please answer the question."

What more do you want you asked me, I responded....bring it on! Spell out what more you want. I agree it ain't 9-5 but what did they sign up for?

DCFlyer said:
[post="233568"][/post]​

TSA wands, but in most stations c/s and/or fleet service agents perform the TSA mandated security checks on the a/c.

And, in most stations, the guy/gal you see in the deicing rig is a fleet service agent.

And , you originally asked, what we thought an agent was worth. I gave my opinion.

You then made what an agent did relevant. So, I tried to shed a little light there, too.

DCFlyer said:
Mr./Ms 700UW

You stated that

" Well, if that's all an agent did.

A lot of agents perform security checks, clean the a/c, deice it, is accountable to TSA on security, FAA on safety, etc. And it ain't 9-5 with holidays and weekends off."

I responded to your question " I have yet to see an agent wand me, fix the seat belts (sp), drive the de-icer.... They may fill out the security paper work...but back to my origional thread please answer the question."
What more do you want you asked me, I responded....bring it on! Spell out what more you want. I agree it ain't 9-5 but what did they sign up for?
[post="233577"][/post]​

Who in the hell appointed you GOD of everyone’s business anyway, PAL?

I suggest no one respond to this whacko.

Latest posts