What Exactly Has The Union Done For You?

drifterreno said:
Did anyone bother to take a look at the poll being taken. Looks like U doesn't want a merged union and many at HP don't either. Go Team!!!!
[post="310720"][/post]​
Lets leave it up to management to decide.The agent group should trust managements decision.They have always taken care of the agent group like the other work groups.
NOT!

bulldog said:
Without sounding too one sided on this issue, I would respectfuly like to know exactly the benifits of the CWA / IBT have done for you all.
Fact one: They have managed to take money out of your check for Dues. They Negotiated outsorcing of YOUR jobs. They have assisted you in lowering the standard of living and rate of pay you recieved. ( did your Dues go down? did the Union share in this loss?.

Fact two. Times and the working enviroment have dramaticaly changed in the USA over the last decade. Paying a Res agent 25.00 ph to answer a phone is nuts.  Look in the local classifieds  see what you would make if your union Rules forces this Merger to fail and you are out of work.

We all need to  work together assist your co worker, Take care of the Paying Passenger   do an honest days work for a FAIR wage. 

America West  brings a new chance to make this work for all concerned. together  we can make a great place to work and we can all say with pride" I work for US AIRWAYS"
VOTE NO ON A MERGER BETWEEN CWA AND IBT  Neither have earned your dues
[post="309693"][/post]​

The question should read why does the agent group need a union?
I think you have answer that. You sound like a bad agent on a late night reroute.It shoud be OK, it looks good,i feel good about your connection same concourse,it's going to be tight

bulldog said:
I guess John John  is pro Union ?  thats ok  but like all the crud that we hear from the Union it is distorted and  not factual

WN  most of the RES agents are in the 12.00 range  and they just closed several call centers down  many lost jobs

NW
DL
AL
UA
all above are in bankruptcy and will be forced to take severe cuts to emerge from said Bankruptcy. 

Sorry to burst your bubble
[post="310058"][/post]​
http://www.iamdl142.org/PDF/SWA%20Agreement.pdf
http://www.apsa6001.org/
http://www.iamdl142.org/

Ramp Rogue said:
Since everyone seems to be avoiding the original question, I'll give and honest answer to it. This is what the iam has done for the ramp agents;

1. Charged us excessive union dues for mediocre union protection.

2. Didn't fight for our Hire Date Seniority. That is why we have three different seniority systems on the ramp. Stood idly by while the company gave the ticket counter, gate agents, and res their hire date seniority.

3. Agreed with the company to take away our vacation and sick days.

4. Watched our pensions get taken away.

5. Watched freight and mail get taken away from us.

6. I almost forgot about the paycuts, while our dues were raised.

7. I could go on but I think you get the picture. If you don't, you must work for the iam.
[post="310435"][/post]​

Excellent points!!

Ramp Rogue said:
Since everyone seems to be avoiding the original question, I'll give and honest answer to it. This is what the iam has done for the ramp agents;

1. Charged us excessive union dues for mediocre union protection.

2. Didn't fight for our Hire Date Seniority. That is why we have three different seniority systems on the ramp. Stood idly by while the company gave the ticket counter, gate agents, and res their hire date seniority.

3. Agreed with the company to take away our vacation and sick days.

4. Watched our pensions get taken away.

5. Watched freight and mail get taken away from us.

6. I almost forgot about the paycuts, while our dues were raised.

7. I could go on but I think you get the picture. If you don't, you must work for the iam.
[post="310435"][/post]​
All IAM issues except #3 CWA took a big hit with the threat of liquidation and shoutdown of the airline by management.The terms were not a result of "GOOD FAITH"bargaining

High on Union Crud
The agent groups are starting to wakeup and realize that they need representation too

Workers are Last Non-Union Group at AirTran
October 11, 2005
More than 2,400 customer service representatives (CSR), ramp workers and reservations agents from AirTran Airways filed for Teamster representation today at the National Mediation Board, taking the first step toward securing a voice in the workplace.
The majority of the 2,400 workers are based in Atlanta, stationed at the Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport and an area reservation center. The balance of the unit is stationed at more than 40 other airports and reservation centers across the country. These are the last nonunion workers at AirTran.
"Unions and AirTran have worked to make working here a good experience that provides solid wages and benefits,â€￾ said Don Toney, President of Teamsters Local 528 in Atlanta.
Approximately 3,000 other workers have formed unions at Orlando, Florida-based AirTran, including 475 AirTran mechanics, stock clerks and tech training instructors who formed unions with the Teamsters.
“As the airline has grown in the past 12 years, the Teamsters have represented AirTran workers, securing higher wages and benefits,â€￾ Toney said. “Unions have helped to make a great company even better."
Founded in 1903, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters represents more than 1.4 million hardworking men and women throughout the United States and Canada.

If anybody has it right, it would be these folks. The entire airport work force have filed for ONE union without fences. It is in the best interest for all, if a union must be.