Largest Airline needs one Mechanics Union

700UW said:
The interest off the strike fund pays for the William W Wipinsinger at Placid Harbor to operate.

And US mechanics are only 4,000 out of 350,000 IAM Members, once again, you dont understand how the IAM operates.

The IAM has never said you wont get your pension if the IAM isnt the bargaining agent anymore, they stated that you wont earn any future accruals.

Why do you post lies and misinformation?

And the IAM mechanics are pretty well educated on what happens, they just went through a representational election, have you?

Instead of posting lies, why dont you take the time to really educate yourself, instead of making yourself look foolish when you are proved wrong over and over again.

I never said the IAM would take the pension I just stated a fact to the mechanics.

I also just asked a question to the mechanics about the strike fund they have and what will be done with it and how it is used. 

You are the one who made it about amfa not having one, AS 1AA said what good is it if you will never get to use it. OH YES the first two sentences of your statement here says it all.. 4000 of the 350000, and it takes care of the william wipinsinger.

So you agree its all about the IAM and its needs NOT the small amount of IAM Mechanics.

When I say get informed its about amfa vs the TWU/IAM alliance. I would hope that they are educated since they just got a taste of the IAM vs IBT.

ITS All About the mechanics NOT YOU..... 

Reactions: 1 person
700UW said:
The interest off the strike fund pays for the William W Wipinsinger at Placid Harbor to operate.

And US mechanics are only 4,000 out of 350,000 IAM Members, once again, you dont understand how the IAM operates.

The IAM has never said you wont get your pension if the IAM isnt the bargaining agent anymore, they stated that you wont earn any future accruals.

Why do you post lies and misinformation?

And the IAM mechanics are pretty well educated on what happens, they just went through a representational election, have you?

Instead of posting lies, why dont you take the time to really educate yourself, instead of making yourself look foolish when you are proved wrong over and over again.
"And US mechanics are only 4,000 out of 350,000 IAM Members, once again, you dont understand how the IAM operates."

700UW ,you do not know how the AMT's operate because you are not one.

"And the IAM mechanics are pretty well educated on what happens, they just went through a representational election, have you?"

Yes the IAM AMT's are well educated so we do not need guys like you telling us what is best for us.

AMFAinMIAMI said:
The IBT with UAL has a strike fund, BUT as you say the government will never let them strike, so any reason to dip into that fund the IBT will do it.

The strike fund with the IAM is money that will never get used, if the IAM/TWU alliance gets in at AA. So what do you think US mechanics the IAM will do with that Money?

You won't get any of it. the dues are the IAM's money paid to the union as your representatives.

About the only thing the IAM won't be able to do is take your pension.  So don't let them scare you by saying that if you leave the IAM you won't get it.

US Mechanics do your own research about your future. ASK any and all questions so that you will know before this Assoc./alliance gets in.

AMFAinMIAMI said:

I never said the IAM would take the pension I just stated a fact to the mechanics.

I also just asked a question to the mechanics about the strike fund they have and what will be done with it and how it is used. 

You are the one who made it about amfa not having one, AS 1AA said what good is it if you will never get to use it. OH YES the first two sentences of your statement here says it all.. 4000 of the 350000, and it takes care of the william wipinsinger.

So you agree its all about the IAM and its needs NOT the small amount of IAM Mechanics.

When I say get informed its about amfa vs the TWU/IAM alliance. I would hope that they are educated since they just got a taste of the IAM vs IBT.

ITS All About the mechanics NOT YOU..... 
You dont even know what you post.

You truly need to educate yourself, so you havent countered about Kasher, you said a judge ruled, I showed you that you were wrong.

You said McCaskill-Bond would prevent anything bad in seniority, I showed you wrong, by posting how WN mechanics got a four year bump over the AirTran Mechanics, yet McCaskill-Bond was used, how could that happen?

See your funny, you dont like it when someone has different opinions, and you really dont like it when those opinions are shown to be correct with facts, yet you ignore the facts.

Here's some info about the class and craft within the union.  Just throwing this out there for those that do not realize.  If anyone is dead set against other groups voting on mechanic issues, it's a very easy fix.  Do like we did at SWA and put the cleaners and other groups on their very own contract separate from the mechanics contract.  This way mechanics "only" vote on mechanic issues and cleaners vote on cleaners issues, this is how you keep "mechanics only" nego and taking care of mechanics, as well as, cleaners nego and taking care of cleaners.  It's a win-win, no mechanics get ballots for the cleaners contract, and no cleaners get ballots for mechanic contract.  It's a simple as that.    Sorry for butting in AMFAinMiami, but some out here don't realize that this is easily accomplished as with AMFA the membership required this in order for AMFA to come in.   Keep all other groups (within the class and craft other than mechanics) on their very own contracts, like we did at SWA, and it really does work better for ALL groups not just the mechanics, but at least at SWA it's the mechanics controlling the mechanic issues, no other group has any control of our mechanic issues or contracts.

700UW said:

You dont even know what you post.

You truly need to educate yourself, so you havent countered about Kasher, you said a judge ruled, I showed you that you were wrong.

You said McCaskill-Bond would prevent anything bad in seniority, I showed you wrong, by posting how WN mechanics got a four year bump over the AirTran Mechanics, yet McCaskill-Bond was used, how could that happen?

See your funny, you dont like it when someone has different opinions, and you really dont like it when those opinions are shown to be correct with facts, yet you ignore the facts.

kasher/judge all the same a ruling was made and I did say that what happened at SW and with the twa guys I did not agree with.

I don't mind anyone who has a right to a say that being a mechanic .

I know what I posted. Just keep on deflecting from the subject that the US mechanics need to block this TWU/IAM alliance/assoc.

I also said and this can be checked that the AT guys got a vote, and a big pay raise.

Tell us are we going to get a vote or is the TWU/IAM going to attempt to push the NMB to approve this?
If we vote NO Union is the IAM and TWU going to set this up so that they get decertified. Thus loosing all that dues money?

AMFAinMIAMI said:

Tim

Your seniority will be merged by occupational/class&craft per the McCaskill Bond
you wont loose a thing its going to effect both AA and US.

As one of the organizer at AA as we collect cards we sent them to Texas to a guy who kept track, checked and filed the in order as the nmb wants when you file. This was done on his time. Not AMFA's. When the IBT filed they have paid organizer just like the IAM and TWU, which have a office and staff in Washington. so all their cards went to DC.

After the IBT filed, AA within hrs turned in its list of names that game the AMFA guys just until 4pm to ship the boxes or fly them to DC from Dallas. A feet that could not be accomplished so when the NMB used rule # 3 saying that all valid cards must be at the nmb by 4pm the same day that is why we did not get a vote. For no other reason.

It was something that the IBT planned to do since they did not have the valid cards to win just file and kill the amfa card drive at aa. It worked didn't it. That is why they backed out and did not have the NMB conduct a vote. Fraudulent cards with proof by IBT organizers and TWU officials.

If you wait the iAM and TWU will force this Assoc. on us and then OUR class and craft will be doomed. The TWU/IAM will screw us all.

Lets see what the IAM does for you at US, they have done WHAT so far with your current CBA? Think about that? If they are so good then why did you attempt to remove them? parker has pushed them around and you have what since this all started?

Every Union has let work be contracted out the TWU here at AA being the last so does that mean we should keep them?  "HELL NO" they have let the company take away everything else but our jobs. Pension/money/vacation/sickdays/holidays etc....
Every day as I look across the runway I see at least 6 or 7 of USAirways  airbuses at AAR's hanger here in Miami. So the IAM has given away work as well.

There must be a airport near that SWA flies into ask a mechanic there what he thinks about AMFA and how it works. Don't listen to the BIAS of some here get the facts for your self. Do your own research. Go to the AMFA site and get a tel # and call the TOP officers. You can't do that with the IAM or the TWU. FACT.  Call Louie Key he will get back with you ask him about AMFA. Not just a IAM or TWU industrial union guy who just wants the dues to keep rollin in.

read the AA site about the TWU and see for yourself if the AA people have been screwed, then ask yourself if you want any part of the joint venture with the TWU?
I didn't ever say the IAM is good. It's a wasteland that I had to spend countless hours on to win a federal case against them last year and force a fair election for INTL officers.  All the current INTL officers are quite clearly corporate types who are destroying my union.  I understand AMFA independence but it has to be more organized.  Speaking as a professional who has personally dealt with the NMB over numerous cases,  it was ridiculously unprofessional that AMFA didn't have the cards ready to go and a complete disservice to those who pushed hard for AMFA.  It was either ridiculously unintelligent or they didn't have the cards and were being intellectually dishonest. 

AMFA screwed over the NW MX as well.  Pounding your chest and saying you have the support of other organizations, when they didn't, was not only in poor taste but cost thousands of lost jobs.  Nobody has to strike, after the cooling off there are other solid things that can be done.  But if a organization chooses to strike then it better not BS its members and it better have support from outside organizations.  If it doesn't then it shouldn't strike.  What chapped my arse was when AMFA chose to collect dues from those who crossed the lines and from new hires. Finally, the situation was so toxic that AMFA finally did the right thing and revoked its certification. 

IMO, AMFA is a blast from the past which had already had its best days but it fell apart and ended up sorta like the old ALEA organization.  Just one big fade.  Maybe I'm wrong but I haven't seen or heard of anyone beating down amfa's doors, even as bad as the TWU, IBT, or IAM has been.  

The SWA and AT seniority integration was voted on, and both sides overwhelmingly approved the agreement by well over 85% (both sides).  Yes, the M&B law was followed to a "T" and both sides overwhelmingly agreed that it was fair and equitable and passed with flying colors.  Others out here can say what they want, but by following the law, anything between "staple to the bottom" or placed at the top can very well be nego, and then the membership of both sides will have their own say rather it is fair and equitable.  And yes, a staple could in fact still happen as long as both sides agree and vote for it.  Once an agreement is made in nego's then the membership from both sides will decide if it's fair and equitable as required by the law.  In the SWA/AT integration it was overwhelmingly agreed to by both sides, period...

Kasher is not a judge, is was an arbiter.

And Tim, you didnt force anything, the IAM voluntarily agreed to run a new election for the Grand Lodge due to the local lodges, not the GL in failure to provide the election information in a timely manner.

Tim Nelson said:
I didn't ever say the IAM is good. It's a wasteland that I had to spend countless hours on to win a federal case against them last year and force a fair election for INTL officers.  All the current INTL officers are quite clearly corporate types who are destroying my union.  I understand AMFA independence but it has to be more organized.  Speaking as a professional who has personally dealt with the NMB over numerous cases,  it was ridiculously unprofessional that AMFA didn't have the cards ready to go and a complete disservice to those who pushed hard for AMFA.  It was either ridiculously unintelligent or they didn't have the cards and were being intellectually dishonest. 

AMFA screwed over the NW MX as well.  Pounding your chest and saying you have the support of other organizations, when they didn't, was not only in poor taste but cost thousands of lost jobs.  Nobody has to strike, after the cooling off there are other solid things that can be done.  But if a organization chooses to strike then it better not BS its members and it better have support from outside organizations.  If it doesn't then it shouldn't strike.  What chapped my arse was when AMFA chose to collect dues from those who crossed the lines and from new hires. Finally, the situation was so toxic that AMFA finally did the right thing and revoked its certification. 

IMO, AMFA is a blast from the past which had already had its best days but it fell apart and ended up sorta like the old ALEA organization.  Just one big fade.  Maybe I'm wrong but I haven't seen or heard of anyone beating down amfa's doors, even as bad as the TWU, IBT, or IAM has been.  

Tim

The IAM cost lots of jobs at Eastern then right we went on strike in 1989.

The IAM cost the cont. guys their pension and jobs
the IAM cost how much at United
The IAM cost the TWA guys jobs and pension as well.

As I said email or call the AMFA national officers ask them about why and what happened at NWA don't just believe the IAM/TWU/IBT bs.

The IAM crossed a picket line set up by the AMFA. So did the Pilots & FA.

They did not have a plan when they went on strike but neither did the IAM when I walked with Eastern. I lost my job and my pension went to the PBGC.
I also lost $20K in stock because the IAM said they could not take it off the stock exchange.

What has the IAM done for you?

Do you want the TWU/IAM to run it here? That is the question and if not AMFA then tell me which since you guys voted not to have the IBT?

Every Union is going to blame the other guy for its failure, but with AMFA we can get rid of the leaders when we want. "YES" there is a process I know but the IAM/IBT/TWU the top guys are put in at convention or someother way, you and I will not have a vote in that but with AMFA you will.

Last yr AMFA replace its area dir and asst nat dir. the members had a vote. Did you ever get that with the IAM?

Like I said ask the AMFA don't believe what you hear from the IAM. Or ask a guys who were actually there. 700uw was NOT. He's not even a AMT. Just a strong IAM supporter.
That is his right, to do and I commend his vigor for them but ask your self what has the IAM done for me since I have been here at USAirways?  What have I lost? Why did we sign IBT cards to rid US of them?

This assoc/alliance is wrong for our class and craft, my opinion along with many here at AA.
Just look at what just happened with the pass ridding, its being done the AA way. First come first serve. That is the way it was at Eastern as well yrs ago. Delta and US do it by seniority.

There is going to be lots of changes when it is all said and done some good some bad.

Its up to you guys at US to decide which Union we have most here don't want this Assoc./alliance.

Here's an idea: How 'bout we stop with the circular firing squads, and get down to the business of making this industry worthy of a career again? 

A few points:

*There is NO union that hasn't fumbled at some point in the last 10-15 years. If you can find one, please point me in that direction.

*AMFA has some very appealing structural policies that the IAM/TWU/etc. would be wise to adopt.

*Conversely, the AMFA would do well to reach out to other organizations and build some alliances (no pun intended), so as not to be an island in the world of labor.

*There are quite a few methods of integration that while meeting the covenants of McCaskill-Bond, might be anything but "fair & equitable," depending on which side of the table you're on.

Hate to break it to you, but while you're all pounding one out about "coattail riding," TUL, "Fat Don" and more, we're losing. All of us. And unless you're independently wealthy and just on here for fun, that includes you. 

There is an amazing amount of brain power, and experience on here for such a small corner of the 'net. How 'bout we put it to good use for once?

Let's go.

Reactions: 3 people
700UW said:

And Tim, you didnt force anything, the IAM voluntarily agreed to run a new election for the Grand Lodge due to the local lodges, not the GL in failure to provide the election information in a timely manner.
The IAM wouldn't willingly hold another election, the leaders knew that any investigation would lead to a new election so they went ahead and agreed because it would look less bad than having one ordered. It would be great to see the complacent, greedy, self serving and unaccountable leaders replaced with real union folks like Jay and Karen who would take their jobs seriously and recognize their allegiance is to the membership first and foremost. The IAM has failed its members across industries and is in desperate need of reform and a new direction.

Josh

Reactions: 2 people
So you now claim to know what the IAM thinks, and what decision are made and by whom?

Get real, work hard, you have to help pay the $13 billion dollar fine.

700UW said:

Of course I did.  I did an internal grievance, and your boys at the INTL laughed at me and Karen for filing the grievance.  The DOL was fully prepared to go to court as it felt that the INTL violated the LMRDA rights of our members. Thus, the IAM complied to a new election.  Call it what you want 700, but no way in heck would your ignorant F at the INTL ever agree to a new election if myself and Karen didn't drop the "Hammer" on them.