Largest Airline needs one Mechanics Union

1AA said:
Follow your own advice. Your not an AMT.

"Wrong again, you have never been an IAM member, and what they do or dont do is none of your concern.
So get a life."

http://www.airlineforums.com/topic/56525-aa-employees-got-shares-for-what-reason/?p=1049034   

See post #40
Well see how much you know the election wasnt just for mechanics, it was mechanic and related, and if thats the best you can do, since your not a member of the NMB you cant post about an election.

Reactions: 1 person
McCaskill-Bond doesnt ensure a dovetail, better go read what that law is about, a staple job can still happen.

Since your not a Senator and didnt write the law, you shouldnt post about things you dont know.

All it says it has to be fair and equatable.

I hope you fix planes better than you try to explain the law.

So I guess you dont know that in the WN/Airtran Merger, that WN mechanics got a four year bump in seniority over the AirTran Mechanics.

So McCaskill-Bond didnt prevent that from happening.

http://www.mondaq.com/unitedstates/x/164186/Aviation/Seniority+Integration+And+The+MccaskillBond+Statute
So once again you are wrong.

Tim Nelson said:
Im not taking sides but amfa does lack the necessary support. Not sure why a few renegades keep pushing amfa when there clearly isnt much support for it.
Besides, the association protects the seniority of the usair mx. Amfa leadership thoroughly embarrassed themself during the amr botched card filing.
If someone considers amfa then wait and see how they handle southwest. Giving up work always dooms a union.

TIM 

calculate the number of dues paying members (mechanics) at US and add the total $$$ value to the $7.2mil we would be sending to AMFA and they will have plenty of money.

The industrial unions keep us thinking that AMFA can't fight the company so many believe this with out doing the research so that is why there is little support. Think about all that the IAM said about the IBT while You guys were signing cards.

Now just apply that to what you think they will say about AMFA. Every Union has made errors in judgement in this industry, many have failed the workers in one way or the other. Eastern - PanAM - United- TWA - Cont. Alaska all were IAM/TWU at some point and have IBT now or they are GONE.

If you want a true say in how "your" union is run, then AMFA is the only union available to us at this time that we can do whats in the constitution. Just read it, get a copy.

700UW said:
Well see how much you know the election wasnt just for mechanics, it was mechanic and related, and if thats the best you can do, since your not a member of the NMB you cant post about an election.

Just because at US the related include the stores and what ever the stores guys did not get a ballot, they are not part of the class and craft, stores per the NMB is its own.
Auto/aircraft/facilities or whatever they are called at US. These are the mechanics I am talking about.

As you all can see the 700UW a IAM supporter is again trying to cloud the issues.
He does not want you to leave the IAM thus cutting money from the IAM coffers.

700UW said:
McCaskill-Bond doesnt ensure a dovetail, better go read what that law is about, a staple job can still happen.

Since your not a Senator and didnt write the law, you shouldnt post about things you dont know.

All it says it has to be fair and equatable.

I hope you fix planes better than you try to explain the law.

So I guess you dont know that in the WN/Airtran Merger, that WN mechanics got a four year bump in seniority over the AirTran Mechanics.

So McCaskill-Bond didnt prevent that from happening.

http://www.mondaq.com/unitedstates/x/164186/Aviation/Seniority+Integration+And+The+MccaskillBond+Statute
So once again you are wrong.

You are correct again I do not write the laws, I can't even enforce them, I just fix jets as an A&P which again you are NOT.

I don't agree how they voted to do things at SWA/AT but it was voted on and the IBT represented mechanics at AT voted. They also got a very large bump in PAY.
The TWA guys got a 4/10/01 date by the judge/TWU.

I for ONE think that was done unfair at AA and SWA but I did not have a say.

No law will ensure its completely fair, its done the best way the Legal teams hired to do it along with the unions to look after each members best interest.

So don't spout off that you are a KNOW IT ALL because YOU sir are NOT.

Neither am I, But I have never claimed to know about any and ALL issues in the industry as you have across every thread here on this board. So if anyone wants they will see just how you put your TWO Cents in on everything and then try to tell us that we don't know. Or as YOU put it you are not an IAM member so don't make statements that you know nothing about or something to that effect.

Well YOU are NOT a mechanic and this has nothing to do with YOU since you don't fix anything.

I am NOT here to debate with you about issues that have to do with Mechanics at US/AA.

Just to give the US mechanics some points as to what we the mechanics at AA would hope they will do to help our class and craft now and for the mechanics of the future..

Why doesnt AMFA have a strike fund?

Why did AFMA had to beg other unions and organizations to help their membership since AMFA didnt?

You work at AA and dont even know what happened?

A judge didnt rule on the seniority, it went to Arbitration, and its called the Kasher Decision, you might want to educate yourself.

And at US yes stores didnt get to vote, but all classifications mechanics, leads, inspectors, GSE, Plant mtc did as well as ALL the utility, working and laid-off.

And I guess you dont even know that its not all about the mechanics, there are other class and crafts who were involved in the election.

I was there, were you?

Do you know there were a around a hundred rampers that voted in the election between the IAM and IBT?

And I guess you dont even know AMFA isnt a mechanics only union, they have to by law represent the class and craft, that is why they represented the cleaners at NW and still represent the Aircraft Appearance Techs at WN.

And hate to tell  you this, but you can post what ever you like, I am not going anywhere, and I wont let an elitist post misinformation, and try to tell everyone else that they dont matter because you are an all mighty A&P.

And how well did AMFA come out against NW?

To the mechanics of US as you can see by the ranting of the ones who support the IAM they will attack AMFA trying to keep the money coming into the IAM in any way thus diverting the conversation to another to keep the mechanics from leaving the IAM or the TWU.

There has been many discussions about what each union the IAM/TWU/IBT and AMFA have done wrong or good over the yrs. What mistakes or what could of been done.

My reason for starting this was to find a way to get a dialogue with the US MECHANICS to maybe have them help us here at AA stop this alliance/association whatever.

Bring to AA a union that will be just for mechanics, NOT ramp or stores. One that we can attend negotiations, and vote in/out national officers, 

ASK a AMFA officer go to the web site get an email address or a tel#
ask your questions. Don't just read the stuff from here get involved its your career and your families future.

Don't sit back and let the IAM/TWU do anymore damage to our Class and Craft.

How is posting the facts an reality of what happened attacking?

You just cant handle the truth that AMFA has had its failures at NW, ACA and AS.

You havent countered anything with facts, and have ignored them.

Why did AMFA have to beg the UAW and other unions for money during the NW strike to help the membership?

Shall I go on about what else you ignored?

700UW said:

Why did AFMA had to beg other unions and organizations to help their membership since AMFA didnt?
TWU does not have a strike fund.
Legacy carriers are pretty much shut down from striking these days. So what good is a strike fund if you realistically can not utilize it.

Is that the best you can do?

When are you going to counter what was poised to you?

Oh you cant so all you can do is try to insult and attack.

Reactions: 2 people
1AA said:
TWU does not have a strike fund.
Legacy carriers are pretty much shut down from striking these days. So what good is a strike fund if you realistically can not utilize it.
The IBT with UAL has a strike fund, BUT as you say the government will never let them strike, so any reason to dip into that fund the IBT will do it.

The strike fund with the IAM is money that will never get used, if the IAM/TWU alliance gets in at AA. So what do you think US mechanics the IAM will do with that Money?

You won't get any of it. the dues are the IAM's money paid to the union as your representatives.

About the only thing the IAM won't be able to do is take your pension.  So don't let them scare you by saying that if you leave the IAM you won't get it.

US Mechanics do your own research about your future. ASK any and all questions so that you will know before this Assoc./alliance gets in.

The interest off the strike fund pays for the William W Wipinsinger at Placid Harbor to operate.

And US mechanics are only 4,000 out of 350,000 IAM Members, once again, you dont understand how the IAM operates.

The IAM has never said you wont get your pension if the IAM isnt the bargaining agent anymore, they stated that you wont earn any future accruals.

Why do you post lies and misinformation?

And the IAM mechanics are pretty well educated on what happens, they just went through a representational election, have you?

Instead of posting lies, why dont you take the time to really educate yourself, instead of making yourself look foolish when you are proved wrong over and over again.

700UW said:
Is that the best you can do?

When are you going to counter what was poised to you?

Oh you cant so all you can do is try to insult and attack.
Not an insult, This is YOUR advice to another poster. You should follow your own advice.

After reading many of your posts and the claims you made that you never were paid a union salary it sure is hard to believe you. You try so hard to discredit anything that is Anti-IAM.

You claim you are not an AMT so in a nice way do not tell us AMT's what is best for us and our craft.