What Exactly Has The Union Done For You?

Lets see he has been an AMFA member for 7 years, not an IAM member. And in your previous post you never said EX.

Busted.

700UW said:
Lets see he has been an AMFA member for 7 years, not an IAM member. And in your previous post you never said EX.

Busted.
[post="310401"][/post]​
I think you need to get out more and stop staring at your computer thinking of ways to make yourself feel good at others expense.

Curt

PS: MOD men/women...I am done with this topic, it's as dead as the unions are.

calibrator said:
700. I used to get angry at your posts now I read them with sorry in my heart seeing how far out of touch to reality you are. Unions are history. One makes in in this world by his own sweat blood and tears. Bubba’s days have come and are long gone. Open your eyes and look around.
[post="310152"][/post]​

Excellent view. Right to the point.

Since everyone seems to be avoiding the original question, I'll give and honest answer to it. This is what the iam has done for the ramp agents;

1. Charged us excessive union dues for mediocre union protection.

2. Didn't fight for our Hire Date Seniority. That is why we have three different seniority systems on the ramp. Stood idly by while the company gave the ticket counter, gate agents, and res their hire date seniority.

3. Agreed with the company to take away our vacation and sick days.

4. Watched our pensions get taken away.

5. Watched freight and mail get taken away from us.

6. I almost forgot about the paycuts, while our dues were raised.

7. I could go on but I think you get the picture. If you don't, you must work for the iam.

Freight and mail were taken away in 1992 when you were non-union.

You voted on three concessions and agreed to the givebacks.

Remember 1992?
No vacation, no sick time, no oji, no pension, no part-time cap.

All of this restored in 1999 when you got your first IAM contract.

Don't let the facts get in your way.

It was taken away and replaced with the PDO system in 1992 and made effective in 1993.

If you had a illness, you had to use the same time, the first 5 PDOs were sick time, you accumulated less time and could never repelenish your sick time.

bulldog said:
NEGOTIATE
[post="310348"][/post]​
WOW Great idea John John Lets see how the folks at PIT RES feel about that. Oh wait they just got their jobs NEGOTIATED to outsorce in Manila . Silly me
[post="310362"][/post]​
[/quote]
Just think if CWA res did not have a union to Negotiate? INT RES GONE,PHX RES GONE,The company wil try anything to save short sighted money.

Yeah, I remember that. I don't recall being sick very often.
And it could be interpreted as one losing vacation time. At that time it was a week, I just lost 3 weeks with the most recent contract. Now, I am starting to feel sick. :(

Just think if CWA res did not have a union to Negotiate? INT RES GONE,PHX RES GONE,The company wil try anything to save short sighted money.
[post="310580"][/post]​
[/quote]

:down: You are on drugs ot just high on Union crud PHX was never in any danger of closing get your facts prior to spouting out

Did anyone bother to take a look at the poll being taken. Looks like U doesn't want a merged union and many at HP don't either. Go Team!!!!

bulldog said:
Just think if CWA res did not have a union to Negotiate? INT RES GONE,PHX,SYR RES GONE,The company wil try anything to save short sighted money.
[post="310580"][/post]​

:down: You are on drugs ot just high on Union crud PHX was never in any danger of closing get your facts prior to spouting out
[post="310715"][/post]​

either was DCA,UCA,SYR,BNA(All these res centers closed before the union was on the property)
In order for PHX res to stay open it will have to be NEGOTATED BY THE UNION AND MANAGEMENT unless management says it is a given. Are you in the position to do that? I am sure PHX RES would love to here that,PHX res to stay open until year 2???