What is going on with AA MD-80 Fuel Tank Covers?

HOLY CRAP!!! Show me the attempt to sweep anything under the rug. One hater after the other....what, do you call each other when you need a lttle back-up??? I clearly stated in one of my previous posts that I was NOT denying anything but that Informer's numbers and some of his other information he was so kindly sharing was wrong. That is factual!!

It is true that there were problems with tank covers (I never denied that), none of which had anything to do with the pulse lines. The manual requires that the covers be milled down to certain specifications "or better". (or do you not know this????) Our people are very conscientious and did better, but the problem was when they did better in certain cases the covers were so smooth the paint didn't adhere. What happened, that wasn't a part of the "rumor"??? Or did you just not want to explain the trouble???? The FAA well understands the ambiguities in the manual and are working with the mechanics to take care of the problem.

As I once said before, to a man with a hammer everything is an anvil. Any problem encountered by the TWU and its members in performing maintenance brought back in house is an occasion for great joy for you. I think your joy at this will be short lived because we will overcome it quickly. But, please, let me so kindly remind you that this sort of problem doesn't exist at NWA, Mesaba, ASA, or UAL because overhaul work at these places either doesn't exist at all or only to a very limited degree. I guess that's a solution of sorts, but one I believe we will avoid at AA.

But, please, let me so kindly remind you that this sort of problem doesn't exist at NWA, Mesaba, ASA, or UAL because overhaul work at these places either doesn't exist at all or only to a very limited degree. I guess that's a solution of sorts, but one I believe we will avoid at AA.

Hate to break the news to you but overhaul was given away at UAL by the IAM, not AMFA.

Maybe you should try getting your facts in order before launching into one of your veiled slights.

HOLY CRAP!!! Show me the attempt to sweep anything under the rug. One hater after the other....what, do you call each other when you need a lttle back-up??? I clearly stated in one of my previous posts that I was NOT denying anything but that Informer's numbers and some of his other information he was so kindly sharing was wrong. That is factual!!
Your head is an anvil Billybob. I didn't read anywhere in your original post to Informer where you stated that his numbers where off or a part of his post was incorrect. The way I read your whinny reply, and likely most of those here, you got all defensive because you can't stand Informer stating any news that might be unfavorable to the twu 514 Kremlin.

Now your doing the 'ol 514 soft shoe and stating after the true facts have come out and "Tankergate" not just a "rumor". I really enjoy your statement if anyone wants answers they should just saunter down to the new 514 twu Company Union Hall and you'll get all the answers. :rolleyes: That is what ever the company men have been told by their management buddies. There's not much but regurgitated disinformation. No one believes much of anything from proven liars in the twu International or the 514 bubba club.

I don't think anyone revels any kind of AA aircraft safety problem, we also fly on these aircraft. That's simply your twu bubba idiocy showing through again Billdo. Contrary to how much you detest those not in the 514 gotta-believers club, we also work for the same carrier you clowns do.

If the time ever comes that the CompAAy decides to say screw the "Pull it together....To come together" program, and throw the beleaguered twu membership under the bus like other carriers (and this is still a very real possibility). We can all rest assured the twu International and its bubba club believers will definately crap in their collective Depends. The twu leadership will never fight, but rather tuck its tail, get on their knees and beg. Much easier to sit back like cowards and criticize those that have fought, than to join the fight.

HOLY CRAP!!! Show me the attempt to sweep anything under the rug. One hater after the other....what, do you call each other when you need a Little back-up??? I clearly stated in one of my previous posts that I was NOT denying anything but that Informer's numbers and some of his other information he was so kindly sharing was wrong. That is factual!!

It is true that there were problems with tank covers (I never denied that), none of which had anything to do with the pulse lines. The manual requires that the covers be milled down to certain specifications "or better". (or do you not know this????) Our people are very conscientious and did better, but the problem was when they did better in certain cases the covers were so smooth the paint didn't adhere. What happened, that wasn't a part of the "rumor"??? Or did you just not want to explain the trouble???? The FAA well understands the ambiguities in the manual and are working with the mechanics to take care of the problem.

As I once said before, to a man with a hammer everything is an anvil. Any problem encountered by the TWU and its members in performing maintenance brought back in house is an occasion for great joy for you. I think your joy at this will be short lived because we will overcome it quickly. But, please, let me so kindly remind you that this sort of problem doesn't exist at NWA, Mesaba, ASA, or UAL because overhaul work at these places either doesn't exist at all or only to a very limited degree. I guess that's a solution of sorts, but one I believe we will avoid at AA.
<_< -----What bothers me Bill, is that some yahoo, didn't know the basics about applying paint! That's to any surface! You need both a "mechanical", and a "chemical" bond with the thing your painting, and the paint! If you don't, it won't stick!!! This is basic stuff here we're talking about!---- ;)

And you are cetainly entitled to that opinion MCI. But what I was trying to get clear was the fact that information was put up that was NOT factual. You know as well as I do that Informer, Hackman, Princess and all the other haters that tend to come out of the woodwork at the chance to dis the TWU will post and revel in ANYTHING as long as it makes the TWU look bad. Read Informer's original post. Most of it was not true. He knew it and yet posted it anyway. Like it or not people do make mistakes. Some bigger than others. But the fault is not the one Informer claims it to be. Just another pot-shot at the TWU.

Get my point???

Hate to break the news to you but overhaul was given away at UAL by the IAM, not AMFA.

Maybe you should try getting your facts in order before launching into one of your veiled slights.

Oh, excuse me....did I mention amfa in my post??? Nope, no mention of amfa. If you want to claim amfa didn't give away overhaul go right ahead, but they certainly gave away the farm!!! :down:

Oh, excuse me....did I mention amfa in my post??? Nope, no mention of amfa. If you want to claim amfa didn't give away overhaul go right ahead, but they certainly gave away the farm!!! :down:

Oh, so are you claiming this post of yours ISN'T a veiled shot at AMFA?

As for AMFA giving away overhaul, YOU made the veiled claim they had at UAL, I corrected you with the FACT that they hadn't.

But, please, let me so kindly remind you that this sort of problem doesn't exist at NWA, Mesaba, ASA, or UAL because overhaul work at these places either doesn't exist at all or only to a very limited degree. I guess that's a solution of sorts, but one I believe we will avoid at AA.

Its quite obvious to even the most casual obsever that you were targeting AMFA with your pathetic slight. Its also now quite obvious you're just another twu mouthpiece who lacks enough character to admit when hes made a mistake.

Just pointing out I made no comment of amfa. But I am glad you cleared it up that afma has no real overhaul!

GOTCHA!!!

And you are cetainly entitled to that opinion MCI. But what I was trying to get clear was the fact that information was put up that was NOT factual. You know as well as I do that Informer, Hackman, Princess and all the other haters that tend to come out of the woodwork at the chance to dis the TWU will post and revel in ANYTHING as long as it makes the TWU look bad. Read Informer's original post. Most of it was not true. He knew it and yet posted it anyway. Like it or not people do make mistakes. Some bigger than others. But the fault is not the one Informer claims it to be. Just another pot-shot at the TWU.

Get my point???
<_< -----EXCUSE ME! And the TWU didn't???--- ;)

...oh sorry....they gave away the farm AND their members!!
<_< ---From where I'm standing Bill, that's not much of a brag!---- I've seen too many of my fellow workers go out the door!!! We just heard that one of our AMT's that went out the door last June, fell off a three story roof while trying to earn some extra money. Broke both ankles, pelvis! After corrective surgery, will be in a wheel chair for three to six months!!! Has five children, and now no income!---- :down:

Just pointing out I made no comment of amfa. But I am glad you cleared it up that afma has no real overhaul!

GOTCHA!!!

GOTCHA???

And hows that?

I wasn't involved in your little overhaul back and forth, I merely pointed out that when it came to UAL overhaul outsourcing, you didn't/still don't know what you're talking about.

Your continued attempts at spinning the conversation to deflect attention away from your lack of knowledge is duely noted.

<_< ---From where I'm standing Bill, that's not much of a brag!---- I've seen too many of my fellow workers go out the door!!! We just heard that one of our AMT's that went out the door last June, fell off a three story roof while trying to earn some extra money. Broke both ankles, pelvis! After corrective surgery, will be in a wheel chair for three to six months!!! Has five children, and now no income!---- :down:
MCI--do you need a refresher course??? :p

To good twu/company men like William, you guys don't exist except when they need to promise you the world to kill union organizing drives. :p

MCI--do you need a refresher course??? :p

To good twu/company men like William, you guys don't exist except when they need to promise you the world to kill union organizing drives. :p
:huh: ---- Sorry AMFAMAN!---- I guess I forgot!!! ;)

This is the pilot again! Does this problem have anything to do with the new quicky "C" check? As in, haste makes waste?
:)---- Bingo!!!!

Our people are very conscientious and did better, but the problem was when they did better in certain cases the covers were so smooth the paint didn't adhere.

Bill could write spin for the Bush administration. Tony Snow, look out!
Your guys are so good that when they fuque up they fuque up real good! :lol:
:lol:

Back