What is going on with AA MD-80 Fuel Tank Covers?

And you are cetainly entitled to that opinion MCI. But what I was trying to get clear was the fact that information was put up that was NOT factual. You know as well as I do that Informer, Hackman, Princess and all the other haters that tend to come out of the woodwork at the chance to dis the TWU will post and revel in ANYTHING as long as it makes the TWU look bad. Read Informer's original post. Most of it was not true. He knew it and yet posted it anyway. Like it or not people do make mistakes. Some bigger than others. But the fault is not the one Informer claims it to be. Just another pot-shot at the TWU.

Get my point???
Oh, excuse me....did I mention amfa in my post??? Nope, no mention of amfa. If you want to claim amfa didn't give away overhaul go right ahead, but they certainly gave away the farm!!! :down:
Jeezus Billbob, do you need a tissue? The fact is many of us not blinded by the twu "shining star" are here on this BB nearly every week. Your the one coming out of the "woodwork" Billdo, or should I say out from under the mans desk. As far as the twu looking bad, they have done that all by themselves, for what, about 25 years now??? All you have to do is look at the gutted non-existant twu contract and the false promises of the "Shared Sacrifice" farce.

Everyone except a Company Union bubba knows who gave concession, after concession, after concession, even in the best of times during record profits. Then when it came time to make a stand, they cower and say; "We are going right into Chapter 7"!!!! Then without "further ratification" we have an ILC..... Industry Leading Concessions.

Need I mention the union? GOTCHA?

Sure you did. :rolleyes:

Oh, so are you claiming this post of yours ISN'T a veiled shot at AMFA?

As for AMFA giving away overhaul, YOU made the veiled claim they had at UAL, I corrected you with the FACT that they hadn't.

Its quite obvious to even the most casual obsever that you were targeting AMFA with your pathetic slight. Its also now quite obvious you're just another twu mouthpiece who lacks enough character to admit when hes made a mistake.

Damn, you're paranoid about defending AMFA when they're not even mentioned....

Clearly, all of the unions have failed their profession where outsourcing is concerned, either by pricing themselves out of the business or by allowing it to go out the door for other reasons.

Move on already or grow a thicker skin.

Clearly, all of the unions have failed their profession where outsourcing is concerned, either by pricing themselves out of the business or by allowing it to go out the door for other reasons.

Here he is again, former AA management butting in for the favorite company union.

That fact is greedy management will do whatever they can to increase the millions they can stuff in their pockets, even in bankruptcy. Corporate thugs have nearly wiped out the middle class today. They use the courts and the government to get whatever they want.

The race to the bottom continues.

You don't work for the airline anymore FM, yet you continue to stick you nose where it doesn't belong. You must have a boring new job to be here when your suppose to be working. :huh:

GOTCHA???

And hows that?

I wasn't involved in your little overhaul back and forth, I merely pointed out that when it came to UAL overhaul outsourcing, you didn't/still don't know what you're talking about.

Your continued attempts at spinning the conversation to deflect attention away from your lack of knowledge is duely noted.

No, third seater, it is you who doesn't know what he is talking about. The first round of UAL concessions were negotiated in bankruptcy by the IAM after the membership rejected an attempt to agree to concessions to avoid bankruptcy. The first round of concessions allowed UAL to outsource up to 80 percent of its overhaul work, but had significant limitations on use of foreign facilities. A year later amfa negotiated a second round of concessions in which it agreed to lower wages, wipe out certain classifications, allow the Company to terminate the pension, and significantly relaxed the restrictions on foreign maintenance. This allowed the Company to take full advantage of its right to outsource because there is substantially more free capacity overseas. You may remember Delle's famous "we have a gun to our head" letter to the members explaining that they had no alternative to the concessions, a letter that was sent out a little more than a year after he told the NYTimes that the way to deal with a bankruptcy was to force the Company to declare it and then prove their case before the judge.

There is, of course, no heavy overhaul work at all at NWA, ASA, or Mesaba, and all of that loss occured on amfa's watch. What is often forgotten is that even before the strike, most of the heavy overhaul work at NWA was already gone and the workforce had been cut by more than half.

You bring up amfa...defend that!!!!

Here he is again, former AA management butting in for the favorite company union.

Oh, spare me the poor attempt at deflection, Hackbreath. I'm not supporting the TWU - they're just as guilty as anyone else.

My point is that not everything wrong in the industry is AMFA's fault, and TSH (who also doesn't work for an airline, thus by your definition has no dog in the hunt) has been on a rampage of late by putting words in other people's mouths. He's done it to Bill (who is admittedly an idiot), me (obviously an idiot because I put up with working at AA for as long as I did), and a couple of other posters whose names escape me at the moment.

You don't work for the airline anymore FM, yet you continue to stick you nose where it doesn't belong. You must have a boring new job to be here when your suppose to be working.

It's not too boring, especially on payday, but thanks for your concern. I might not work for the airline directly, but for all you know, I could be a paid consultant to a labor union (not the TWU... I might be dumb but I'm not stupid) getting ready for the next round of contract negotiations.

Or management.

Or both.

Oh, spare me the poor attempt at deflection, Hackbreath. I'm not supporting the TWU - they're just as guilty as anyone else.

My point is that not everything wrong in the industry is AMFA's fault, and TSH (who also doesn't work for an airline, thus by your definition has no dog in the hunt) has been on a rampage of late by putting words in other people's mouths. He's done it to Bill (who is admittedly an idiot), me (obviously an idiot because I put up with working at AA for as long as I did), and a couple of other posters whose names escape me at the moment.

:( :( :( ...and I thought you liked me??

:D

Where did you learn to read?

I corrected him about his insinuation that overhaul was lost under AMFA at UAL, however as to the obvious direction of his post, lets take another look.

Here is part of Bills post...

But, please, let me so kindly remind you that this sort of problem doesn't exist at NWA, Mesaba, ASA, or UAL because overhaul work at these places either doesn't exist at all or only to a very limited degree. I guess that's a solution of sorts, but one I believe we will avoid at AA.

NWA, Mesaba, ASA, and UAL.

Wow, 2 legacy carriers, a major and a regional, and they all "just so happened" to be all represented by AMFA. Yet, this ISN'T an attempted(and erroneous as far as UAL goes) slight on AMFA.

Yea, I can see you have a real keen sense of the obvious.

Back to the topic at hand (Which is Bad Paint on Tank Cover Plates, not AMFA vs TWU)

Well now the latest word is that in a hurry to get these bad Tank Plates back in service, a mechanic was assigned to operate a high pressured water blaster. The mechanic was obvioulsy untrained in the proper use of this equipment, thus he should take some of the responsibility for what happened next.

Seems when he powered up the high pressure water, then the wand got away from him and the high pressure water cut into is leg bone deep like a hot knife through butter.

Someone, needs to tell everyone to take a deep breath in Tulsa, slow down, and get the ship back on the right track. Safety should be number one! Not saving someone's bacon and getting planes back in service.

I hope this fellow mechanic heals up ok!

Everyone seems to be in hurry to cut cost and save money. Which is fine, but not at the expense of safety.

Bill, that shaved head of yours sure is purdy when you get all red and mad that the TWU looks bad in public.

No, third seater, it is you who doesn't know what he is talking about.

No, its now quite obvious, you don't know what you're talking about.

The first round of UAL concessions were negotiated in bankruptcy by the IAM after the membership rejected an attempt to agree to concessions to avoid bankruptcy.

Wrong. The last pre-bankruptcy vote was never taken. The vote was canceled following the ATSB loan rejection, and UAL filed bankruptcy immediately afterwards.

The first round of concessions allowed UAL to outsource up to 80 percent of its overhaul work, but had significant limitations on use of foreign facilities. A year later amfa negotiated a second round of concessions in which it agreed to lower wages, wipe out certain classifications, allow the Company to terminate the pension, and significantly relaxed the restrictions on foreign maintenance.

Again Wrong. In the first round of concessions under the iam, UAL obtained the right to outsource 100% of heavy overhaul. The only concession AMFA gave concerning overhaul was to allow B747/B777 overhauls to be done overseas, which had previously been restricted to domestic outsourcing. As this was work the iam had already given up, which(at least during bankruptcy) was not coming back, AMFA actually saved members from taking more severe cuts in pay by allowing these 2 lines to sent overseas vs continuing restricting them to domestic OSVs.

There is, of course, no heavy overhaul work at all at NWA, ASA, or Mesaba, and all of that loss occured on amfa's watch. What is often forgotten is that even before the strike, most of the heavy overhaul work at NWA was already gone and the workforce had been cut by more than half.

Well this is interesting, while I'll grant you NWA, I'm quite curious about ASA and Mesabas overhaul, which you say..."all of that loss occured on amfa's watch"

So they were doing overhauls eh? All lost on AMFAs watch eh?

And you can prove this of course?

You bring up amfa...defend that!!!!

I have defended it. The Overhauls at UAL were lost under the iam, period.

You don't know what you're talking about.

"putting words in your mouth"???

Oh, you mean when I've called you on your BS posts???

I'm sorry you embarassed yourself by spouting off about things you know little-to-nothing about, but me correcting you/calling you out on your lack of knowledge hardly qualifies as "putting words in your mouth".

Perhaps its you who should....

"Move on already or grow a thicker skin."

...oh sorry....they gave away the farm AND their members!!
<_< You know Bill,---- You still haven't responded to my statement! ----- The TWU, didn't give away the farm?----Like hell they didn't! And I've seen over a thousand of my fellow exTWAers go out the door here at MCI alone! And they were dues paying members of your TWU at the time!(Not that that means anything!) Now your going to tell me that doesn't constitute "and their members"? Or is it like AMFAMAN says, "We don't count?"----- :rant: Think before you stick your foot in it again!

<_< You know Bill,---- You still haven't responded to my statement! ----- The TWU, didn't give away the farm?---- I've seen over a thousand of my fellow exTWAers go out the door here at MCI alone! And they were dues paying members of your TWU at the time!(Not that that means anything!) Now your going to tell me that doesn't constitute "and their members"? Or is it like AMFAMAN says, "We don't count?"----- :rant: Think before you stick your foot in it again!

Just check the numbers MCI. Thousands more lost their jobs (AND pensions I might add) under amfa's watch then did TWU members.

Just check the numbers MCI. Thousands more lost their jobs (AND pensions I might add) under amfa's watch then did TWU members.
<_< ---- That's my point Bill! "System wide", those numbers would be damn close! Close enough that you or any of your TWU lackeys should hang your heads in shame! Close enough that you have no business pointing fingers at anyone!!!! ;)---- But than again! We don't count, do we?

Back