What the deal AMP

I would perfer an in house union, I don't know anything about AMP, I want nothing to do with the Seham law firm, I personally feel we have been lied to from this whole process. We have some die hards would have no problem going 8 years, without a contract , or a say to vote on one. I could see if you were looking at a bankruptcy contract. I think AMFA can be saved at SWA if we can **** can the negotiating committee, and the ALRs, if not then I would take our in house, or Teamsters, if things do not change. We will never get back 6 years of lost investments and lost profit sharing compounded earnings, never!-Buck I really hope you guys can pull this off, I do.
And from all you have said, you still have it better at SWA for the mechanics.
Do you miss a political affiliation? it also seems that you are an industrial unionist and that is ok. But it seems that you have been attack for your beliefs? If there are any affiliation it would be about safety and belief. that is there to improve the working conditions of the mechanic. I marched for the NWA mechanics in Washingto DC when NWA was on the edge of their failure.

AMP is the mechanics not having to worry about another work group being larger than itselfAny member has the opportunity to lead

Do you miss a political affiliation? it also seems that you are an industrial unionist and that is ok. But it seems that you have been attack for your beliefs? If there are any affiliation it would be about safety and belief. that is there to improve the working conditions of the mechanic. I marched for the NWA mechanics in Washingto DC when NWA was on the edge of their failure.

AMP is the mechanics not having to worry about another work group being larger than itselfAny member has the opportunity to lead
I miss the power they had in Washington. I hate right after this blade incident our own Union and the Law firm we hired attacks SWA claiming we are not safe. Then has the gall to tell SWA pay us more money. They don't give a **** about helping the mechanics at SWA secure a contract, and quality life, they just want to file lawsuits and air 21 suits and extort money from SWA, to line the pockets of Lee Seham, that's not a Union, that's nothing but a money machine.

I miss the power they had in Washington. I hate right after this blade incident our own Union and the Law firm we hired attacks SWA claiming we are not safe. Then has the gall to tell SWA pay us more money. They don't give a **** about helping the mechanics at SWA secure a contract, and quality life, they just want to file lawsuits and air 21 suits and extort money from SWA, to line the pockets of Lee Seham, that's not a Union, that's nothing but a money machine.
And the Industrial Unions are not Money Machines? They are all businesses. Even if AMFA won and everything at the Industrial Unions has the goal of being feeding the Democrat Party

I believe the Delta mechanics are very glad to have no union. They are doing way better than the rest of us without paying union dues.

And for one thing, pilots, flight attendants and agents have exclusive unions with no other work groups to represent.
I guess rampers feel they have done well by the TWU.
We mechanics do not feel that way. I suppose we feel we should have our own union.

I can see your point of view. You kind of want to be part of your own Fraternity in a way.

I’m not going to speak for rampers cause you’d probably be shocked by how many of them gripe and moan too.

I guess for me the TWU is just the Union I feel I belong in and I like it’s history. I like that it’s a NYC Union and I’m from Queens NY. I like that my Great Uncle Joe was a MTA Motorman and that my friend Fred’s father was in the TWU when he was young too for a little while.

And working for the Airlines I’m a Transport Worker being represented by the Transport Workers Union. Who else should I be with?

The TWU is an old pair of shoes that I’m comfortable with. Oh and now it’s back in the hands of New Yorkers again too which makes me relieved.

And the Industrial Unions are not Money Machines? They are all businesses. Even if AMFA won and everything at the Industrial Unions has the goal of being feeding the Democrat Party
They are, I just don't like most of our dues going to a lawfirm, like you don't like the TWU going to Democrats. Just wanted to add this I have seen the TWU put stuff out on Foreign repair stations. I have never seen them personally attack your employer that pays your pay check and you feed your Family, calling them unsafe, unlike what AMFA and Lee Seham did, and I Don't want to be part of a Union or Association that threatens my livelihood, period, hope you understand Buck, I have respect for the American guys, you deserve a good contract.

Last edited:
Why?

What about an Independant like AMP?
Buck, the teamsters as well as any other "industrial" unions are done as far as trying to get in at SWA. Someone claims PHX is wanting the teamsters back is false rumors, a game being played by some to sort of threaten the NC into bringing this crap out without doing their due diligence first and that's not going to happen. The next move with the mechs at SWA would be better suited to join forces with the pilots and it has been talked about.
Now I will say this, if the NC did not agree to bring this AIP out as a T/A for a vote their would be more talks about removing AMFA. But with AMFA doing well with scope, retro, ETOPS, international outsourcing and other gains it would be hard to remove them. The problem areas are within the snap up rate, years missing raises and outgoing years which does affect the retro final numbers at the end. Some always seem to say we will never get back what we should have had in these 6 years, well, it's more like missing raises will affect us all for the rest of our careers with all future % raises missing the 6-8% missing from the current offer. It may pass, it may not pass, but I think it will be closer than most are predicting.
You might see changes within the NC long before you would see AMFA removed, this one of the biggie reasons we went with AMFA, so the membership could recall as needed rather than kicking out the entire union. Easier this way.

Don’t know if Daily Air’s mgmt. does, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Delta’s do.
Yes. Management at all airlines do in fact monitor these boards. It has been brought up at the nego tables in the past. The more the AA guys scream online about wanting to see and vote on something the more the co. will hold strong where they are at until after a vote. Same has just happened at SWA, co. held strong with where they are until they get a vote, they even stated, and I quote, "we will not adjust the money another dime until a vote is done on current offer." This is what got the mediators to get both sides to agree to bring something out, AMFA got some final late changes that they said they would NOT bring out unless these changes were made, so the co., finally made some last resort changes in order to get it out. The co. held so hard as a bunch of people were crying to the co. about letting them see something to vote on. In or case it was more of the folks running to co. offices and talking one on one with the co. nego's , which is sad on it's own.

Buck, isn't the AMP very similar to AMFA? A mechanic and related only union like AMFA. I think the AMP constitution is tweaked a little better and enhanced in some areas in comparo to AMFA for better control of the mechanics and not the upper leaders of AMP? But I think they are very close in similarities, is this correct???

Weez, a cartoonist showing driver going off the deep end might be in order shortly, he's starting to lose it once again...LOL.

Weez, a cartoonist showing driver going off the deep end might be in order shortly, he's starting to lose it once again...LOL.

swamt I’m sorry but I don’t read 90% of what you post as most of it is repetitive babble about your opinions on the happenings of your group and it’s quite pedantic.

You also drone on in extremely long writings that have no structure (paragraphs) that make it difficult for anyone to try to read even if they actually wanted to.

But good luck to you anyway, Peace.

Buck, isn't the AMP very similar to AMFA? A mechanic and related only union like AMFA. I think the AMP constitution is tweaked a little better and enhanced in some areas in comparo to AMFA for better control of the mechanics and not the upper leaders of AMP? But I think they are very close in similarities, is this correct???
I recall back when AMP first was formed the organizers sat down with the APA leadership and legal to work out a constitution similar to theirs. A few differences in language to better fit in with the group it's going to represent. It was a great start to something new and upcoming. It was being delivered as an in house start up union just like the APA and the APFA. Unfortunately guys on the floor wanted to stick with AMFA or status qué.

I recall back when AMP first was formed the organizers sat down with the APA leadership and legal to work out a constitution similar to theirs. A few differences in language to better fit in with the group it's going to represent. It was a great start to something new and upcoming. It was being delivered as an in house start up union just like the APA and the APFA. Unfortunately guys on the floor wanted to stick with AMFA or status qué.

You totally dilute the water when you can’t make up your minds who it is you really want and stick to it. You create your own divisions and make it impossible to get to the 50% threshold you need to file for an election.

And the more numbers you have the greater the hill to overcome. Just look at the IAM over at Delta Airlines as an example.

Were stores included in the AMP drive? I remember not being interested because they were included, but the webpage was awesome.

Were stores included in the AMP drive? I remember not being interested because they were included, but the webpage was awesome.

Chil if the NMB recognizes that a particular job function or group falls within your classification then the Drive has to include all of those people in the counts.

And ultimately if you ever do change Representation and don’t include all of those groups say in Negotiations trying to oust them for more money for AMT’s, those people “could” have one hell of a DFR Lawsuit they can levy against your bargaining agent.

Buck, the teamsters as well as any other "industrial" unions are done as far as trying to get in at SWA. Someone claims PHX is wanting the teamsters back is false rumors, a game being played by some to sort of threaten the NC into bringing this crap out without doing their due diligence first and that's not going to happen. The next move with the mechs at SWA would be better suited to join forces with the pilots and it has been talked about.
Now I will say this, if the NC did not agree to bring this AIP out as a T/A for a vote their would be more talks about removing AMFA. But with AMFA doing well with scope, retro, ETOPS, international outsourcing and other gains it would be hard to remove them. The problem areas are within the snap up rate, years missing raises and outgoing years which does affect the retro final numbers at the end. Some always seem to say we will never get back what we should have had in these 6 years, well, it's more like missing raises will affect us all for the rest of our careers with all future % raises missing the 6-8% missing from the current offer. It may pass, it may not pass, but I think it will be closer than most are predicting.
You might see changes within the NC long before you would see AMFA removed, this one of the biggie reasons we went with AMFA, so the membership could recall as needed rather than kicking out the entire union. Easier this way.

Yes. Management at all airlines do in fact monitor these boards. It has been brought up at the nego tables in the past. The more the AA guys scream online about wanting to see and vote on something the more the co. will hold strong where they are at until after a vote. Same has just happened at SWA, co. held strong with where they are until they get a vote, they even stated, and I quote, "we will not adjust the money another dime until a vote is done on current offer." This is what got the mediators to get both sides to agree to bring something out, AMFA got some final late changes that they said they would NOT bring out unless these changes were made, so the co., finally made some last resort changes in order to get it out. The co. held so hard as a bunch of people were crying to the co. about letting them see something to vote on. In or case it was more of the folks running to co. offices and talking one on one with the co. nego's , which is sad on it's own.
You wish, where I am at people are fed up, it's only a matter of time, keep in your little dream world, still no T/A.

Back