WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF I SIGN A UNION CARD?

As everyone can see by the last pages.....700UW does NOT answer questions........he consistantly contradicts even himself. He will NOT back up most of his statements with facts because he doesn't have them. Heck, he won't even answer a question that doesn't require a fact........just a personal opinion.

Best of luck to you 700UW......you're going to need it.

If you’re part of anything to do with aviation, you will need all the luck you can get as well

US got the largest ATSB Loan and US brought Air Wisconsin's money and republic money to the table and US whored itself out of bankruptcy with the loan from airbus with the promise to buy the A350 and the investment from Air Canada for $300 million a year in outsourcing.

Doug was not US' savoir and HP was headed for a cash crisis by the end of the year according to your CEO Dougie.

America West is not a subsidary of US Airways Group and look at the name on the sides of the plane it says US Airways not America West.

here ya go pal,

View attachment 3709

I have answered what was asked, too bad you don't like the answer and you are not even a IAM or ibt nor any other union member.

No, I don't think you have answered my questions.

And what does my current union member status have to do with anything? I was in a union twice before and may be again.......through the acreedance........so now will you offer your thoughts that I asked for before?

If you’re part of anything to do with aviation, you will need all the luck you can get as well

I am...........and I know that.........we will all need it.

Well then........I think that the solution to the whole deal would be for the leaders of each union meet with the members of both the unions and reveal the facts..........NOTHING but the facts and not in the legal mumbo jumbo......in plain language. And when that is all said and done, the union members, one and all, can make their choice....based on the FACTS.

Will that ever happen?? Can that ever happen?? Does anyone want that to happen??

Opinions welcomed..........and if stating FACTS, please be prepared to provide legitimate references that are accessible to ALL.

Thank you!!
Either union is capable of the real truth. They will lie right to your face. Remember IT'S ALL ABOUT DUES MONEY. They are like the car salesman. They act as if they are your best friend. But before the ink is dry on the contract they have forgotten you. The End BTW: I bet the contracts will be reopened to give the company more concessions. Also PIT MTC is history.

AIRWOMAN, 700UW is not disclosing the entire story. His group had many chances to negotiate with the company, but they took a hard-line position. 700UW will tell you that I am lying, but I used to be in a position where I dealt directly with his union. The company submitted several offers and made every effort to extend the olive branch to his group but they turned the other way. Lets not forget the famous "Concession Stand is Closed" slogan.

The bottom line is that the IAM and its members would have been in a much better position today if they had worked with the company. The members should blame their union officials, and not the company.

There were some difficult decisions related to our employees, but we left the company quite proud of the accomplishments and the outcome. The employees should be grateful to the management team for their dedication in doing whatever was needed to protect the franchise and secure their futures. Management and labor worked together as a cohesive team that enable the company to be in its current position.
I was starting to like the IBT position after Hawk's two cents about the IAM I am know starting to believe the IAM position

700, what did that answer, other than you did not answer the questions.

WHERE CAN WE GET AN OFFICIAL COPY TO COMPARE TO THE IBT???

You would think that AIRWOMAN, PhxRanchHand and others are desparate to have a copy of the newly destributed IAM contract. In some ways they are, but in other ways they are not. They know that the copy of the contract that is on the website is accurate. Even though it doesn't have the same page numbers and an is a copy used to correct the old contract. It is an accurate document. The main reason for them pushing to get a copy is to show that the IAM will not produce a "true" copy of the new contract. "That's not the way the IAM does business", said by one of the IAM members/supporters.

If you really consider the actions of all this, I would seriously doubt the honesty of the IAM. They would rather give verbal "proof" rather than written proof. "Just believe what I say", is what I am hearing from the IAM.

We are better off with a union, but not the IAM. The Teamsters are not perfect, but they are better than the IAM. My two cents worth. :)

The Teamsters are not perfect, but they are better than the IAM. My two cents worth. :)
I am from and still live close to Pittsburgh, where the teamsters have deep roots. My grandfather was a big part of them. They are anything but perfect. Their track record like all other unions is dismal at best. Teamsters roots go back to the true bubba, so go ahead and throw your hard earned money away. You people would be better serviced getting an attorney and forgetting about unions as your savior.

I am from and still live close to Pittsburgh, where the teamsters have deep roots. My grandfather was a big part of them. They are anything but perfect. Their track record like all other unions is dismal at best. Teamsters roots go back to the true bubba, so go ahead and throw your hard earned money away. You people would be better serviced getting an attorney and forgetting about unions as your savior.

My dues go to pay for attorneys. We would not be "better served" to pay for it all out of our pocket. I am sure that very few feel that the union is our "savior". They are better than the companies attitude of "if you don't like it, then take me to court". Your funds would soon run out if you went to court every time you felt you were mistreated. I'm very sure that you are independently wealthy calibrator. :)

seeking industrial nirvana one grievance at a time?
i still find it amusing that key elements of the IBT agreement are still dangling out there in the wind,key elements to anyone with an interest in this should see aren't being finalized by AWA for the sole reason of IAM contract survivability.AWA negotiators are acutely aware of it as am I.when the NMB fat lady struts upon the stage,just see how long it takes to have those blanks transposed into your much prized electronic copy of the IAM agreement.funny too,the company supplied the copy to IBT and allowed them to use it as a banner for their cause....for when its all said and done they will find that they were in fact used by the U - H/R smacks.unwitting co-conspirators from the good 'ol boyz ,you know the Glass House gang....
you still haven't met the enemy children....
checkmate people............

dell'
You should be sure before you say check mate.......or you lose the game. It's all a game. In actuality the "blank" parts of he Teamsters contract can work both ways.....good or bad. When that "fat lady" takes the stage then we will know what the outcome of all this will be......not until then. :)

dell'
You should be sure before you say check mate.......or you lose the game. It's all a game. In actuality the "blank" parts of he Teamsters contract can work both ways.....good or bad. When that "fat lady" takes the stage then we will know what the outcome of all this will be......not until then. :)
gonzo...thats a big anti-union corporate checkmate i refered too. :blink:

Mr. 700 you sure seem to know the future. Tell me, without any doubt, you absolutley know the IAM CBA will be the prevailing document? If you are so sure, then prove it. I'm not asking for your opinion here, I am asking for proof. If you don't have any then use the phrase "in my opinion" because we are tired of reading what you call facts without any facts to back it up.

Another thing, I personally talked with Hemenway, He said the company wasn't sure, but beleived the same thing, that is that the IAM CBA would prevail because of the sucessorship language. Sounds to me a judge might be deciding which contract will prevail if the IBT wins an representation election.

Now, one more comment about the actual topic of this thread "WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF I SIGN A UNION CARD?" There seems to be a lot of confusion over what signing a card actually means. If you choose to sign a card, your card will be counted in the NMB's representation investigation. Meaning nothing other than your card will count towards the 35% of the combined unit threshold that requires the NMB to hold a representation election. THATS IT! It does not mean you join the union you signed a card for, It does not mean you like or accept the position this company has put you in because of the merger, If you sign a card, the information you provide is confidential and will be used to verify you are eligible to vote by the NMB, In this case, you can and should sign a card and then vote for EITHER union of your choice, AND FINALLY, signing a card means one thing, you want a voice and a vote. SIGN A TEAMSTER CARD AND MAIL IT IN. It is the ONLY way your voice will be heard.

http://www.nmb.gov/representation/representation-manual.pdf