Us Airways Collective Bargaining Agreement Update

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
US Airways Mechanic and Related Collective Bargaining Agreement

“The Truth about Decertificationâ€

The Teamsters are saying this is a scare tactic; it is the National Mediation Board (NMB) rule.

If 50% plus one of the eligible employees do not participate in an election there will be no Union on US Airways or America West. Eligible employees include all active and furloughed employees of both airlines in the craft and class.

Recently the Stores Clerks on Allegheny and Piedmont were decertified and they are both now non-represented as a result of lack of participation in the representation election process. But don’t take our word for it; when AMFA was raiding the IBT on Continental Airlines the following is what the IBT told the Mechanics on Continental.

“Don’t Sign a Cardâ€

"Signing a card would leave you without Union representation under the Railway Labor Act if an election were to take place and fewer than 50% plus one of the Continental Mechanic and Related employees voted you could end up without any Union representation. Without a Union, you could be at the mercy of Continental Management."

“These are the Teamsters own words – not oursâ€

When comparing the number of eligible employees on US Airways and America West a decertification is more likely now than it was on Continental.

We do AGREE with the Teamsters on one issue.

The best way to avoid a DECERTIFICATION is DON’T SIGN a CARD

LOL...........Yes it is a scare tactic used by BOTH unions. It still doesn't change the fact that the contract that the IAM has right now is not worth having. The contract will be around until 2009. The Teamsters contract with AWA Mechanics is a superior contract. Even with the so called "better scope" of the IAM contract. The fact still remains that as long as the Teamsters have represented AWA mechanics no one has been furloughed. No work has been outsourced. The sad events of 9/11 still didn't cause the Teamsters to lose any jobs for their members, while other airlines were asking for concessions.

It's your future sign a card, send it in, be proactive for your future. :)

It does not matter gonzo, if the NMB certifies the IAM, your ibt contract goes away.

Not worth having?

Ask the 1,000 mechanics that work in CLT and PIT base mtc about that.

Keep begging for cards.

The cards ARE coming in - the mechanics at the former US Airways are growing tired of the poor representation afforded them by the IAM - your time has passed.
bye bye

Sure they are, that is why in just about every post you are begging for cards.

The ibt knows they are on their way out.

And even by the slim chance the ibt wins an election you are stuck with the current cba until 2009.

It does not matter gonzo, if the NMB certifies the IAM, your ibt contract goes away.

Not worth having?

Ask the 1,000 mechanics that work in CLT and PIT base mtc about that.

Keep begging for cards.

The company/court ALLOWED you to have what you've got right now. The only thing I'm begging for is that the IAM hasn't destroyed the morale of the Old USA members to the point to where they don't even read their own contract. Those people have been beaten so many times that they just don't care anymore. I'm asking/begging that they try just one more time to improve their future.
:)

Please show me in the RLA or the NMB representation manaul where a change in representation forces the company into Section 6 negotiations.

When AMFA took over at WN and UAL they did not have the right to open the CBAs.

Time for the ibt to post the sections of the RLA and NMB's policies that forces a company to open section 6 negotiations when there is a change of representation when the CBA is not amendable.

Please show me in the RLA or the NMB representation manaul where a change in representation forces the company into Section 6 negotiations.

When AMFA took over at WN and UAL they did not have the right to open the CBAs.

Time for the ibt to post the sections of the RLA and NMB's policies that forces a company to open section 6 negotiations when there is a change of representation when the CBA is not amendable.

ROFL........Ok, step away from the computer for a while..........have some coffee............relax..........read my post again..........slowly.......Mr. 70
:)

Once again the ibt supporters fail to respond to legitimate questions asked as they know they are wrong.

Is that who you want to represent you?

Think long and hard.

Once again the ibt supporters fail to respond to legitimate questions asked as they know they are wrong.

Is that who you want to represent you?

Think long and hard.

Keep trying Mr. 70.
rofl2.gif

Why don't you answer the original question?

Why are the ibt supporters refusing to answer when asked to back up their promises with facts?

Do you actually want that to represent you?

Where are the facts?

As a former fleet service agent, (from one of the 26 cities outsourced in may of 2005)who is now unemployed, I would like to have a chance to vote..Where do I get a card and where do I send it?

Latest posts