WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF I SIGN A UNION CARD?

ALPA & the company are preparing to spend a not insignificant sum of money and time negotiating a combined contract. One union for both sides but two separate contracts going in, one union and one contract coming out.

It seems that if one or the other contracts automatically survives the merger and the other just goes away, a lot of time & money is about to be wasted. While I can certainly understand ALPA being screwed up enough to go thru a futile exercise, the company is another matter.

Jim

Hmmmmm........I can see where the company would want the IAM CBA to be remaining contract. If they don't have to negotiate then they would not incur the expense of negotiating. Also the IAM CBA has many more reduced cost items than the IBT CBA (benefits lost during BK).

And it does not matter you will still fall under the IAM CBA.

If the IBT wins the VOTE the IAM CBA will NOT be the enforced contract. It will be gone.

If the IBT wins the VOTE the IBT CBA will be the remaining contract.

The transitional agreement is the next step.

If the IBT wins the VOTE the IAM CBA will NOT be the enforced contract. It will be gone.

If the IBT wins the VOTE the IBT CBA will be the remaining contract.
what you just said then is IBT wins = IAM contract goes away and with it the scope that holds bus checks inhouse.
vote teamsters for job security
yeah right dude. ;)

ANDY....ANDY...YOU THERE?? :lol:

From local 104's web page

Question 1: What contract will you work under? A contract negotiated by the Machinists, Teamsters or an amalgamated agreement (one bargained from both the Machinists and Teamsters agreements)?

Answer 1: There are a few possibilities.

If there is no election and the Machinists Union is certified as your representative, you will work under the bankruptcy-bargained Machinists agreement.

If there is an election and the Machinists is certified as your representative, you will still work under the bankruptcy-bargained Machinists agreement.

If there is an election and the Teamsters Union is certified as your representative, you will work under the bankruptcy-bargained Machinists agreement

only until such time as the Teamsters Union concludes bargaining a new agreement that seeks to improve on both the Machinists and Teamsters agreements. FALSE You don't get the right to renegotiate when representations changes

what you just said then is IBT wins = IAM contract goes away and with it the scope that holds bus checks inhouse.
vote teamsters for job security
yeah right dude. ;)

This has been beat to death dell. The IBT CBA doesn't allow the outsourcing of work that is done traditionally in house. If the "New US Airways" outsources the current in house work, before the IBT CBA is the representative contract, then a court battle will occur (IMHO), when the IBT CBA becomes the representative CBA. If the company tries to outsource the checks that have been traditionally done in house, after the IBT CBA is the representative CBA, then there will be a court battle. The IBT CBA doesn't allow "work traditionally done in house" to be out sourced. The IBT has NOT ALLOWED ANY work to be outsourced, that has been traditionally done in house, NONE. :)

"If the IBT wins the VOTE the IAM CBA will NOT be the enforced contract. It will be gone.

If the IBT wins the VOTE the IBT CBA will be the remaining contract."

So Gonzo, are you saying we would be stuck with the IBT contract, less total sick time, no heavy maintenance, and higher union dues. No Thanks....
I feel the current contract with the IAM and the company will help make this a prosperous company and see no need to send in a card.

"only until such time as the Teamsters Union concludes bargaining a new agreement that seeks to improve on both the Machinists and Teamsters agreements. FALSE You don't get the right to renegotiate when representations changes"

Can you say TRANSITIONAL agreement. Also try saying this. The IBT CBA is currently in Section 6. Doesn't it make sense to you that if they are in Section 6 and they become the representative CBA, then they will continue in the negotiations? When the negotiations are complete the entire membership (Old U and AWA combined) will be voting on it? :)

This has been beat to death dell. The IBT CBA doesn't allow the outsourcing of work that is done traditionally in house. If the "New US Airways" outsources the current in house work, before the IBT CBA is the representative contract, then a court battle will occur (IMHO), when the IBT CBA becomes the representative CBA. If the company tries to outsource the checks that have been traditionally done in house, after the IBT CBA is the representative CBA, then there will be a court battle. The IBT CBA doesn't allow "work traditionally done in house" to be out sourced. The IBT has NOT ALLOWED ANY work to be outsourced, that has been traditionally done in house, NONE. :)
yes...i see but under your contract this isn't traditionally done inhouse.
this little verbage and how i presented it is what the glass house gang would serve up in a court of law... you make big claims as to IBT not allowing anything to be outsourced but where the hell they been in the last 10 years?
i see no new gains...you've barely held on to what you have.
at least IAM was in house for pretty much the entire company history.

"only until such time as the Teamsters Union concludes bargaining a new agreement that seeks to improve on both the Machinists and Teamsters agreements. FALSE You don't get the right to renegotiate when representations changes"

Can you say TRANSITIONAL agreement. Also try saying this. The IBT CBA is currently in Section 6. Doesn't it make sense to you that if they are in Section 6 and they become the representative CBA, then they will continue in the negotiations? When the negotiations are complete the entire membership (Old U and AWA combined) will be voting on it? :)
dude....who's feeding you this stuff?
andy??
transitional agreements are or bringing two or more existing contracts into one not total renegotiating.quit trying to make it seem you will open any CBA'S.this is total misrepresentation.
and even if IBT comes out on top IAM covered will be under the existing agreement until 2009.even with a transitional...

yes...i see but under your contract this isn't traditionally done inhouse.
this little verbage and how i presented it is what the glass house gang would serve up in a court of law... you make big claims as to IBT not allowing anything to be outsourced but where the hell they been in the last 10 years?
i see no new gains...you've barely held on to what you have.

It seems that the company saying under the IAM contract that the checks will be done in house, should be sufficient enough to call them "traditional". Unless you see a flaw in your IAM CBA. What Glass will do is not a forgone conclusion, its just a "guess" on your part. :)

The IBT has been "keeping what we have" that is correct. It tends to pick its battles and the appropriate time to "charge".

The IAM CBA has lost in house work. The IBT CBA has NOT LOST ANY WORK TO OUTSOURCING. The IAM CBA will continue to lose work until such time as the company feels it is in a better financial position IMHO. :)

The IAM CBA has lost in house work. The IBT CBA has NOT LOST ANY WORK TO OUTSOURCING.
but has the IBT negotiated any new in house??NO.
this is not a good thing to tout....your dismal track record indicates there won't be anything new at the door either...proofs in the pudding guy. like i said earlier,2009 - bye bye to the buses.

The HISTORY lesson has been well learned. Be proud of your HISTORY. The fact still remains that the IAM CBA has lost jobs for it's members and will continue to lose jobs. :)

The HISTORY lesson has been well learned. Be proud of your HISTORY. The fact still remains that the IAM CBA has lost jobs for it's members and will continue to lose jobs. :)
i agree,especially when and if they fall under your "traditionally done in house" that doesn't exist on your property at the moment. :shock:
and believe me.....glass is no assumption or speculation.
"The new company said they would honor the contract," Mr. Freiberger said, but, "they didn't like it. They were really upset."
translates to 'see you in court'.

but has the IBT negotiated any new in house??NO.
this is not a good thing to tout....your dismal track record indicates there won't be anything new at the door either...proofs in the pudding guy. like i said earlier,2009 - bye bye to the buses.

Let's see the IBT has protected AWA Mechanics and Related jobs. This is a bad thing?? Joe Smuch-a-telly on the street is not my concern. He is not a member of the union. Job security is the name of the game. Bringing in more people is not the answer. Look around and tell me that having an additional 2000 members helped keep those members jobs. It didn't did it?

Bye bye buses? Do we know that? Is it possible? You are looking for a "guarantee" there are none, except that the IBT will fight to keep "in house" that which is "in house". :)