Where Are All Of The Defections?

EricLv2Fish,

It is in the works as we speak.

Our initial impression is that our relationship with the new management will be much more open and cooperative than with their predecessors.

It appears that the new management understands the value of both employees and customers, unlike CCY, and we are prepared to work with them to help in the growth and success of the NEW US Airways.

mbmbbost said:
Hey, don't lump me with them, I was just pointing out that if he is trying to make a point, he should try harder..
[post="296751"][/post]​
mbmbbost, you totally misread what I wrote. There is a comma after your name, hence, you are not lumped with those two.

Wow you girls are sensitive. I said it before and will repeat here, I do not want to get into a tit or tat (is that spelling right?). I also do not think you or your group are evil only misguided.

You all seem to "know" me so to set the record strait, I am not, never have been and never intend to be a employee of US Airways. Can't afford the pay cut! No family member is now or ever was in the employ of US. I own a import / export company, live in Philly and am a US FF who wants nothing more that to see US live a long and healthy life. I want this if no other reason - self interest. Having PHL a hub has been great for me.

I simply think your group has done nothing at all that has helped US survive. Your one tone song only opens you to ridicule. Do I think US management did a great job? Hell No! But some credit should be given for pulling off the merger when all looked completely lost. Do I think most US Employees are great? Hell Yeah! But some of their "union" thinking has hurt the company. I have experienced US employee attitudes that if displayed elsewhere would caused dismissal - on the spot.

Do I think that sending lipstick tubes is silly? Hell Yes, very silly! But what is worse is that it leaves the impression that you guys are unprofessional and ineffective.

Style over substance, gross self promotion and a holier than thou approach are my only complaints of your group. The initial concept seems to be good but you all have started to feel so self important and have lost your way. Your replies to critics is clear proof of this.

That’s all.

Here you go Bob:

Complete DOT Inspector General's Report PDF Format

Statement from Secretary of Transportation Norman Y. Mineta Regarding the Inspector General's Report on Christmas 2004 Holiday Disruptions

“The Inspector General’s report on Christmas 2004 holiday travel disruptions provides a factual look at the causes of delayed or cancelled flights and lost baggage experienced by more than 800 thousand US Airways and Comair passengers. The report makes clear that Comair’s troubles were caused by an ice storm that was greater than anticipated and limitations in its crew scheduling computer that it was unaware existed.

“By contrast, US Airways’ troubles were the result of staffing shortfalls at its Philadelphia hub. The Inspector General found that while these shortfalls were anticipated by US Airways’ management, their plans to address them did not succeed. I am troubled that the report also indicates that US Airways lacked certain data concerning the disruptions, such as the number of lost baggage or whether persons with disabilities and unaccompanied minors were properly accommodated.

Union thinking?

The company agrees to everything that is in a collective bargaining agreement.

That union thinking gave three rounds of concessions in two bankruptcies for billions of dollars, can management say the same?

Ask Lakefield about his paycut, oh wait, he did not take one and he earns more then Kelliher of WN and Neeleman of B6, the only difference is WN and B6 make money and US is in its second bankruptcy in less then two years.

Agreed! Remember that I find many faults with US management. If they would have thought differently in the go go 90's maybe they would not be in this mess.

Keep in mind that "Union Thinking" has nothing to do with money and all to do with work rules. If Lakefield and all top management worked for free it would not have delayed either bankruptcy by a second.

So instead of your blind hatred for management you could see such things more objectively and realize that this statement makes no sense to anything. Like the price of tea in china. Sounds good to the uninformed but is really just a red herring.

Maybe you need some further education.

In the first bankruptcy the employees gave $1.2 billion per year for two years. Two rounds of concessions and the pilots lost their pensions and not counting all the layoffs also.

Dave Siegel said that was everything he need to make US succesfull and hey got another $1 billon per year from vendors.

So US squanders over $4 billion and ended back up in chapter 11, yep that is all the employees fault, NOT!

And it was the company who delcared war on the employees not the other way around. Airbus outsourcing, 265 outstanding grievances for ALPA, and numerous AFA contract violations.

Educate yourself on what happened instead of just posting about things you don't know about.

PhillyDave said:
You all seem to "know" me so to set the record strait, I am not, never have been and never intend to be a employee of US Airways. Can't afford the pay cut! No family member is now or ever was in the employ of US. I own a import / export company, live in Philly and am a US FF who wants nothing more that to see US live a long and healthy life. I want this if no other reason - self interest. Having PHL a hub has been great for me.
We know you because of the attitude you've shown towards us on another board. Haven't you lost your privliges there before for this reason?

PhillyDave said:
I simply think your group has done nothing at all that has helped US survive.

Style over substance, gross self promotion and a holier than thou approach are my only complaints of your group. The initial concept seems to be good but you all have started to feel so self important and have lost your way. Your replies to critics is clear proof of this.

That’s all.
[post="296941"][/post]​

Then explain once the media got that Michelle got a bottle of 409 on a flight and used it... and then that CCY read it that aircraft cleaning was changed for the better? One of us made a stray comment to a reporter about that... and HE wanted to talk to her. We didn't volunteer the info, as you imply (or worse that we sent out a press release... "High level frequent flyer turns into cleaning lady for airline in trouble"). And also explain why she gets a personal email from LimeBoy as a result of this??

We reply with facts, whether CCY likes them or not is not our problem. They came to us originally. If you want to say CCY created the monster called FFOCUS, so be it, as technically they did through the renaming of the organization. I don't think they realized they had a group that knew their product and their system better than they did (according to one of their folks). We at least had the sense to know we were being manipulated in November when 4 of us visited PHL. They didn't like it when we called them on the holiday PHL fiasco, they didn't like it when we showed up to say goodbye to Greentree... and I'm sure we haven't heard the last of CCY and they haven't heard the last from FFOCUS. As l4pi has said, don't make a cockroach mad.

So, PhillyDave, what have you done to help US in the last year? Do you really care as you say?

PhillyDave said:
...... But some credit should be given for pulling off the merger when all looked completely lost. Do I think most US Employees are great? Hell Yeah! But some of their "union" thinking has hurt the company. I have experienced US employee attitudes that if displayed elsewhere would caused dismissal - on the spot.

Do I think that sending lipstick tubes is silly? Hell Yes, very silly! But what is worse is that it leaves the impression that you guys are unprofessional and ineffective.

That’s all.
[post="296941"][/post]​
TWA held on for quite a long time. There must have been a hell of a lot of "acumen" in their management team. FFocus started their quest using accepted, civil discussion methods. The use of lipstick to get some kind of response from management is just further proof that the CCY crowd by and large are CLOWNS and should be rewarded and treated as such. Standing up for them as you are doing either means you are uninformed, or, are closer to this situation than you would have us believe.

LOL, who do you really think that I am?

What have I done? LOL, I continued to spend my hard earned money fly US Airways! In other words, I have been paying $$$ into the airline so they could survive. Many times I have paid for higher fares when there was lower cost options. LOL, lipstick or cash - which do you think is more helpful to help US continue?

Keep in mind that all this time I was not complaining about the lack of limes lol

I assume you mean FT, which I read but never have posted because I find all the mindless, "should I burn my miles" and "oh gee, I paid $99 for a flight and did not get a 4 course meal" dribble a waste of time but your post got me to thinking. Was one banned from FT for saying things about your group? I have ready many negative comments about you guys - I remember at one time many were complaining that after one of your meetings where you claimed to speak for US FF you refused to post the notes - but I did not know that not agreeing with you was reason to get banned. Maybe I will sign up at FT to see if this is really the case.

PhillyDave said:
I have ready many negative comments about you guys - I remember at one time many were complaining that after one of your meetings where you claimed to speak for US FF you refused to post the notes - but I did not know that not agreeing with you was reason to get banned.
[post="296993"][/post]​

Once again, get the facts straight here. It was not FFOCUS policy that decided not to publically post the notes, it was CCY!!! We had to negotiate with them as to the method of distribution, so we could include membership who was not able to be in PHL that afternoon.

Piney Bob,

The facts surrounding 'Strategy and Business' as applied to U, could have been had for free on this forum for years, couldn't it?

As concise and accurate an analysis as I've seen.

Does HP/US fit the new paradigm?

I see no way for a hub operation to compete with WN other than have the employees or a major international operation (AA) subsidize domestic operations.

Latest posts