Where are the promised "enhancements" to domestic F?

Just to defend Travis a teeny tiny bit.

I for one am glad they are trying to use Envoy Class Service as part of the re-branding of US Airways. Like EMBFA I too worry about exactly what "unique American experience" means. We will see soon enough.

These things can create "buzz". PHL-BRU for example a few guys want beer and instead of the usual Heineken, Miller selections they have the choice of Belgian Wit Beer called Hoegaarden or an Abbey Ale from Leffe. Both of which are readily available for about the same as a Sam Adams.

Hillbilly-ism is a "unique American experience." :(

Bob, I really cannot see this administration tailoring the catering to specific routes or regions. First of all, it would be far too innovative. Secondly, I suspect their contracts give them volume discounts based upon how many units of a given item they purchase. If they divide and conquer the beer budget amongst various regional brands per route, and you multipy that by the number of transatlantic routes they fly, it will cost more overall than if they just pick a few different brewskis and only make those brands available systemwide.

I have to agree with Bob--they made a bunch of announcements a while back, and little if any of it has come to pass. My trust level is at an all time low (an understatement).

That said, I think there are more important issues at hand--like getting the operation to run reliably. I think they might be sidetracked with that project right now--maybe because they are wat over their heads.....

embfa said:
I wonder if word has hit Phoenix yet that our frequent fliers and flight attendants are using the term "Business Casual" derisively... e.q "Wow that is one business casual airplane, is it airworthy?" or "That lav smells really business casual, we need it dumped." Business Casual is already a punchline, I wish they would stop saying it...

ROTFLMAO! :lol: :lol: :lol: :up: :up: :up:

As Per the August 2nd About US,

1. September - Premium Beverage Test for Coach (Teas, Energy Drinks, Wine by the glass)

Does this mean that FC will not get this for free? It wouldn't surprise me--they still sell snack boxes in the back on certain flights and offer FC just the snack basket.

Anyone try the "upgraded" wine in first class? It's called Crooked Limb and comes in a screwcap. It will give you a crooked limb. It is disgusting but goes great in the plastic cup. This place is a dump. Uniquely American for Envoy will probably be the flight attendant going down the aisle with a bucket of chicken offering you either a drumstick or thigh. :rolleyes:

We b!tch, p!ss and moan about the company but can you seriously believe what this airline has become. It's horrendous. I don't even like to admit who I work for. To think that people get paid to come up with this sh!t. It's really quite sad.

As much as we make fun of this place NO. I go to bed each night sick to my stomach and disgusted. Our PASSENGERS deserve better and so does everyone that works here. It's just amazing honestly.

Seriously, where is management?

Do they know how bad it is? Why are they not out there seeing all of this outrageously inconceived bulls*it with thier own eyes?

I flew with a flight attendant the other day who somehow 'de-flagged' thier wings- it's just a rectangle in the middle, no US logo! I think they somehow cut the wing parts off and glued/fused them to a middle part from somewhere else. I remember when we used to be so proud to walk through the airport in that uniform... now people are ashamed. I still try to make that uniform look it's best but I'll admit that often I'll put on a zip-up coat over my uniform and put my hair down before getting off the airplane. I just don't want to be associated with it. I tell my family to tell people I work for a charter airline they wouldn't have heard of to avoid the predictatble horror stories.

The operation has the distinction of being the worst in the United States, which you really have to work for. Our so-called 'brand' is made fun of by the people subjected to it and our biggest exposure is as the butt of jokes on late night television and by comedians. Labor is beyond unrest, not far from really showing 'the shareholders' exactly who really holds the card here. Morale, obviously, is the worst it's ever been, and that is really saying a lot at this place. Complete failure.

Do they REALLY not have any idea? They are heading so much in the wrong direction with everything I guess they can't see what's behind them, and more importantly what's around them?

Seriously, where is management?

Do they know how bad it is? Why are they not out there seeing all of this outrageously inconceived bulls*it with thier own eyes?

I flew with a flight attendant the other day who somehow 'de-flagged' thier wings- it's just a rectangle in the middle, no US logo! I think they somehow cut the wing parts off and glued/fused them to a middle part from somewhere else. I remember when we used to be so proud to walk through the airport in that uniform... now people are ashamed. I still try to make that uniform look it's best but I'll admit that often I'll put on a zip-up coat over my uniform and put my hair down before getting off the airplane. I just don't want to be associated with it. I tell my family to tell people I work for a charter airline they wouldn't have heard of to avoid the predictatble horror stories.

The operation has the distinction of being the worst in the United States, which you really have to work for. Our so-called 'brand' is made fun of by the people subjected to it and our biggest exposure is as the butt of jokes on late night television and by comedians. Labor is beyond unrest, not far from really showing 'the shareholders' exactly who really holds the card here. Morale, obviously, is the worst it's ever been, and that is really saying a lot at this place. Complete failure.

Do they REALLY not have any idea? They are heading so much in the wrong direction with everything I guess they can't see what's behind them, and more importantly what's around them?
Sounds like a personal problem. As much as WE hate mgmt, doens't mean you have to hate US Airways, or be ashamed to work here?? I am still proud to wear my America West uniform. As crappy as it may seem, I am still proud of my heritage, so should you! You need to shake off your harsh attitude and negative outlook. If you are so ashamed, maybe it is time to hang up your uniform. JMHO :rolleyes:

To add. I just came off a trip where I met an EXTREMELY nice A321 crew in Denver yesterday morning. They were all Philly based. Of course they all commuted. We had a great ride to the airport and rapport about differences, similarities, etc. Not once did I get an impression that anyone of them, including the pilots were bitter, or showing hostility, negative emotion towards the new company. Most of them were 18 plus years seniority, and morale seemed fine. They, including myself are happy to have jobs, and look foward to a fully combined airline. Now this may seem the exeption, but I doubt it. Every East crew I have run into seems greatful, and gracious!!! This forum is a place to vent, but can get down right nasty and toxic. Do any of you have anything productive or nice to say about your job or the airline??! B)

I think they might be sidetracked with that project right now--maybe because they are wat over their heads.....
You are so right how much time money and effort with little improvement has been spend on SHARES? What a waste of resources

Latest posts