Where are the promised "enhancements" to domestic F?

Are you kidding me? What could we possibly post about that is positive in this airline? I still like being a flight attendant and do my job damn well considering what we have to do it. I'm sorry but this place is an operational nightmare and getting worse rather than better. The management does NOTHING but lie to employees and our customers who provide the money to make this dump run. Feeling proud in your uniform is an issue with yourself. Though I don't agree with how this new management has no problem with letting things go duct taped or without the essentials for a basic flight I STILL manage to take care of myself and my uniform. How you could possibly feel "proud" to have your uniform on whether it be US or HP as you walk down to your 737 that has duct taped overheads/seats, stained carpets, bathrooms that stink like an out house and no catering essentials to do a service is beyond me. Yeah I'm happy to have a job since the success of this company ran on the backs of us. BS. I only can hope that things are going to get better but being a realist I find it HARD to believe. Some of those ideas or plans if you will that were outlined in that AboutUS issue simply looks to me like a management team that is grabbing at straws. They lack vision, understanding and are NEVER willing to own up to a mistake such as SHARES. It is what it is and while some may think I'm a Debbie Downer whah whah whah......I guess I am. Be sure to polish those wings now.... :rolleyes:

Well thats about it. As far as the company itself such as schedule reliability, onboard service, employee morale, treatment of customers......anything positive? (sound of crickets).....zzzzzzzzzzzzz :lol:

Are you kidding me? What could we possibly post about that is positive in this airline? I still like being a flight attendant and do my job damn well considering what we have to do it. I'm sorry but this place is an operational nightmare and getting worse rather than better. The management does NOTHING but lie to employees and our customers who provide the money to make this dump run. Feeling proud in your uniform is an issue with yourself. Though I don't agree with how this new management has no problem with letting things go duct taped or without the essentials for a basic flight I STILL manage to take care of myself and my uniform. How you could possibly feel "proud" to have your uniform on whether it be US or HP as you walk down to your 737 that has duct taped overheads/seats, stained carpets, bathrooms that stink like an out house and no catering essentials to do a service is beyond me. Yeah I'm happy to have a job since the success of this company ran on the backs of us. BS. I only can hope that things are going to get better but being a realist I find it HARD to believe. Some of those ideas or plans if you will that were outlined in that AboutUS issue simply looks to me like a management team that is grabbing at straws. They lack vision, understanding and are NEVER willing to own up to a mistake such as SHARES. It is what it is and while some may think I'm a Debbie Downer whah whah whah......I guess I am. Be sure to polish those wings now.... :rolleyes:
TravelPro, blah, blah, blah! Just read your post?! It may seem hard, bs, mgmt wrong, etc.. Start concentating on what is good!. And PineyBob, that was correct, and funny!! :lol:

Well we must always be able to find a positive in a negative. Thanks Piney... :lol:
PS WCT I think you better step out of the heat. I still manage to have a good day because I know that ALL crumbling down around me is not due to my actions. It's almost to the point of laughable.

Well we must always be able to find a positive in a negative. Thanks Piney... :lol:
PS WCT I think you better step out of the heat. I still manage to have a good day because I know that ALL crumbling down around me is not due to my actions. It's almost to the point of laughable.
It is much easier to place blame, and complain. Start to make a positive difference in your life. You will see things bigger and brighter my friend. The Crumbling is all your making. :)

Oh, come on. "I still have a job", this cracks me up.

I love being a flight attendant, if this hole went under I don't know that I'd start over, who knows... but I know I could, and make the same money I make now within two years. Outside of the airlines, I could go out today and easily get a job that pays more starting than what I'm making here. I really like my job, not the present company... if one overwhelms the other, I'll leave. I'm hoping there is better for us soon, and the cluelesss white trash element is either sold off or lost in the shuffle of a bigger merger. But come on now... "At least I have my job..." I would hate to be in dire straits where I NEED a job that pays as little as our top out pay is. I seriously hope no one NEEDS a job as low-paying as this.

As for the uniform thing, those of you on this board who know me will probably tell you that I rock that uniform better than most. And if good letters and such are a measure of my job, then I'm damm good at it. It is after all, the easiest job in the world, IF you were made for it. You either are or are not. We employ both.

Does that mean I'm proud of working here? No, I'm not.

Sorry. I have high standards. I do my job well reliably, consistently and with class, and present myself as an approachable, knowlegable professional.

When this airline does the same I'll be proud to work here.

P.S. Noob is a new hire... 18 years is pretty close to a new hire, reserve in some bases. Welcome aboard.

Actually Bob, I was replying to WCT. I didn't even read yours, sorry... was it directed towards me?

11. When I step off our airplanes, the rest of the world smells so fresh and looks so modern.

It is much easier to place blame, and complain. Start to make a positive difference in your life. You will see things bigger and brighter my friend. The Crumbling is all your making. :)

WCT

I have been staying away from the boards for a number of reasons. Management reminds me of a dysfuntional mom or dad. They remind me of the parent that is always making promises to their kids, yet never keeps them...AND then make a thousand excuses why the keep lying.

We are their children. Some respond in hostile ways, some don't respond at all, some use humor and others...like you...try to be the optomistic. While I commend you for that, I don't see your way of dealing better or worse than, say Travelpro's. Trying to make everything alright while trying to ralley everyone is a sure fire that things are screwed up. It IS ok to get angry and thank GOD for USAviation for providing a format to vent.

This is my viewpoint. My dad (last management team) was inept and uncaring. After the divorce, I inherited a step dad. At first he was excited about me, told me how wonderful I was and how important I was to his life. I was excited about my new dad because he promised me things would be better. Infact he promised me alot of thing...security, a clean house, good food, safety, and clothing. About 2 years later, dad sees me with a contemptful glare, wishing i would just go away and always telling me how thankful I should be that he saved me. He is always promising me things will be better and he would improve our home, but he is too busy drinking and gambling. He never follows thru. Almost everyone has lost hope in my step dad. I use to really like...actual LOVE my step dad. After 2 years, his behavior has caused me to hate him. Why do i stay around. I love my mom (job) and figure I will still be here when mom finally smarts up and kicks his sorry ass to the curb.

In the meantime, I try to stay away from my new dad as much as possible.

WCT

I have been staying away from the boards for a number of reasons. Management reminds me of a dysfuntional mom or dad. They remind me of the parent that is always making promises to their kids, yet never keeps them...AND then make a thousand excuses why the keep lying.

We are their children. Some respond in hostile ways, some don't respond at all, some use humor and others...like you...try to be the optomistic. While I commend you for that, I don't see your way of dealing better or worse than, say Travelpro's. Trying to make everything alright while trying to ralley everyone is a sure fire that things are screwed up. It IS ok to get angry and thank GOD for USAviation for providing a format to vent.

This is my viewpoint. My dad (last management team) was inept and uncaring. After the divorce, I inherited a step dad. At first he was excited about me, told me how wonderful I was and how important I was to his life. I was excited about my new dad because he promised me things would be better. Infact he promised me alot of thing...security, a clean house, good food, safety, and clothing. About 2 years later, dad sees me with a contemptful glare, wishing i would just go away and always telling me how thankful I should be that he saved me. He is always promising me things will be better and he would improve our home, but he is too busy drinking and gambling. He never follows thru. Almost everyone has lost hope in my step dad. I use to really like...actual LOVE my step dad. After 2 years, his behavior has caused me to hate him. Why do i stay around. I love my mom (job) and figure I will still be here when mom finally smarts up and kicks his sorry ass to the curb.

In the meantime, I try to stay away from my new dad as much as possible.

I have to say that analogy was very interesting and in this context appropriate. Kudos

? LGA is one of our most beautiful terminal facilities? Unless they have junked it up since I was there two weeks ago?

Latest posts