Which express operator is the least dependable?

Here here, let us NOT BE judgemental upon others....

Ramp and gate agents..FYI- Some have beyond a HS education,they were hired lloooonnnggg before any of this
garb'age started..

Yes at 1 time this WAS the industry to be in.

Now, not on your life..

Yes, we all have a choice, my life does NOT revolve around U!

I did something about my career,and it ain't with this 'job'!
16.gif

here here Golden 1!
I am very educated, I dont have to work here.
I chose to work here. I like my job. I like how I feel after a hard days work. I have the credentials to push a pencil and work that white collar desk job. I work with a bunch of folks who can too. Seems with my education came ethics in how to treat others.And I am glad I can rest my head at night knowing I earned my days pay doing something I enjoy.
I can pride myself on not judging someone by the job they do or the amount of $ they make.

Speaking of high turnover rates due to quality of life at Express carriers, I have a friend who works for Shuttle America in PIT. She says they have 50 flight attendants but have lost 17 already this year- they have to constantly hire. The working conditions and pay are so awful that people only stick around for a few months.

----------------
On 7/25/2003 1:13:39 PM Light Years wrote:

Speaking of high turnover rates due to quality of life at Express carriers, I have a friend who works for Shuttle America in PIT. She says they have 50 flight attendants but have lost 17 already this year- they have to constantly hire. The working conditions and pay are so awful that people only stick around for a few months.

----------------​
The same thing will soon be happening in CLE where they just went Express on June 8th. The new hires
are already complaining about the sloppy operation
and already looking for other employment. Well, this is what Dave wanted.
6.gif

As an ex-mainline employee who just recently bailed out of PIT due to the downsizing of the ramp and what, if any future Pit does have with mainline jets.I transferred to Cle
in order to be home. The situation here is Cle sad, we have people who want to do their job, but MESA doesn't seem to care about giving the front line personnel info they need, so they can inform the passenger.

As somebody who deals with all the commuters, I would say that PDT and ALG are the most dependable. The only problems I've had with them were a few crew timeouts and maybe a handfull of MTC over a 3 1/2 year span. Air Midwest is pretty reliable (even though they are MESA, B1900 much more reliable than EMB) except for swaps. PSA sucks. The Dorny's are consitantly delayed for MTC and Crew problems, not to mention the massive ammounts of swaps.....this is how they get their numbers to stay up....they buy time by swapping. I've actually seen them swap 4 or 5 active FULL flights through 1 broken AC over the course of an 8 hour day, then CXL one of them like 5 hours later. TERRIBLE airline. HORRIBLE airplanes, and every crew that flys a Dorny thinks they are Iceman and Maverick. TSA is ok......but once one flight delays somewhere, thats it. They are screwed. Ditto for broke planes. They have no spares to bring in. MESA is in the same boat. No spare planes and horrific MTC and scheduling problems all stemming from the yahoo's they have working in PHX.

In order (most reliable to least reliable)
1. ALG
2. PDT
3. Air Midwest
4. Colgan
5. TSA
6. CHQ
7. Shuffle America
8. MESA
9. PSA!!!!!! (Pain in the @$$!!!)

bns1
Obviously you work in the PSA hub in PIT, where most of these things happen (swaps,major mx). If you had a job where you got out of the "burg" more, you would see things differently..........

Based on my experience its MESA by a mile. Delayed, delayed, cancelled. Ship change in the middle of boarding 5 mins b4 dept!?! on and on...........

As far as non revs Mesa is the pits, crews never know their record locator, most unprofessional dress for crews and non revs. I hate we will be seeing more and more of them..........major pains.

Recently heard from two agents in CLT as they discussed what MESA really means (honestly):

Making Everyone Sit Around
Maintenance Every Single Aircraft

Sometimes you do get what you pay for!

Flew Colgan from LGA to MVY on Wednesday, great flight, great pilots and a wonderful lady as the F/A.

brandnewsin1,

Your allegations that our airline filled with arrogant self righteous pilots is not only incorrect but it reflects the obvious lack of intellect and judgment on your part. A bad experience with three or four crews is no grounds to call all of us "Iceman and Maverick". I work for PSA and I can tell you that we have our share of knuckle heads but for the most part we are a hard working grateful group of pilots. Most of the guys and gals I fly with try everything they can to make a trip happen. Yes, we have an awful time with a lack of parts, crew swaps, bad decisions by scheduling and maintenance and we have been understaffed for the 7 years I have been here but you need to be careful who you blame that on. These are all management issues not employee issues. We use to have the best numbers of all the W/Os and we lost our edge when they decided to cut the rate of our mechanics and we lost the bulk of our veterans.

Commissioner Gordon

You people make me laugh.

Mesa is terrible. Only because your management is giving them your jobs. I check the cancellation boards everyday and you people are smoking crack or something.

Hate to tell you but bitching about Mesa hasn't saved one of your jobs. If you were actually half as efficient as you thought maybe you wouldn’t be in this pickle. I would like to say I feel for you, and I once did. But to be insulted by you regularly because your management decided to work around you just pisses me off. I could care less if the lot of you are replaced.

Latest posts