Who are these employees?

Why do you have access to native SHARES and no body else does? Why would a company allow a select few use a system that could help the entire agent work force?
The seasoned US agents used a version of SHARES back in the 80’s
SHARES originated with Eastern Airlines as System One. A lot of history behind that story.

I don't know why I have it and you don't. But honestly it is a pain in the butt. I think there are 3 different versions of QIK, I don't know how they determine who gets what version. The version I have allows you to bypass QIK and work in Native Shares. There is literally a book of the formulas to do an entry, and if you hit one wrong key you have to start all over. I've never worked for Continental and seen native shares. I only know that I've been told that it is the same as what we have when the native shares key is used and then I have to type all of this crap in. And just to let you know, I did re-issue a ticket today but I did have a correct ticket number to start with. Honestly I don't know how they expect agents at the airport to find a ticket if the passenger doesn't have a correct ticket number to start with.

OK we will document that you refuse help and put it in your file as for the name-calling are you sure you don’t need help

After dealing with you, I think I might need that help :lol: Or a good strong drink.

After dealing with you, I think I might need that help :lol: Or a good strong drink.
Sorry I have to ask this. Do you have a drinking problem are you sure you don’t need help.
You do know I am messing with you any good shop steward knows management always starts out with “do you need helpâ€￾ are you management if so you should know this back at ya

Sorry I have to ask this. Do you have a drinking problem are you sure you don’t need help.
You do know I am messing with you any good shop steward knows management always starts out with “do you need helpâ€￾ are you management if so you should know this back at ya

You actually have a manager that asks if you need help?

There is literally a book of the formulas to do an entry, and if you hit one wrong key you have to start all over.
There you have it! There is an entry for just about ever situation you just have to be able to have the experience and the ability to use it like so many seasoned east agents did with sabre

Okay, smarty pants. :lol: I don't need help. The point I was trying to make is... There are times when I have been completely frusturated with a passenger, but I have NEVER EVER argued, yelled, or hung up on them.
I don’t know if you are aware of one of management’s tactics of documenting your employee file just to get you fired

Inhouse REZ is pointing fingers at the outsourced call centers, Do we need to maybe do some self reflection on how we handled a passenger? Could we have handled it differently? While we can't change the sandcastle and their mentality, we can change ourselves. Could we possibly be a little nicer or more compassionate when we're delivering the unwanted news to a passenger? Couldn't that agent in REZ have spent 5 minutes looking for the passenger's ticket? I don't want to be sappy or drag on and on, but maybe instead of complaining maybe we can do something positive and little by little turn this sinking sandcastle around.
Could someone please inform the board about the stats that management keeps on reservations agents i.e. talk time etc….

Could someone please inform the board about the stats that management keeps on reservations agents i.e. talk time etc….
WHy???? They'll just say employees should take more phone calls. Not that the phone system sucks, or that the computers are down half the time, or that REZ can't find past dated tickets and has to call some other department to look it up for them. As far as I know they haven't put a quota on how many phone calls an agent has to take, yet. This one only give the board one more place to stick their nose in that they don't belong. I know each department has the stats on things like this as long as the agents are logged into the phone system.

we could go back and forth with everthing that is going on. no money will NOT make a difference in attitudes.. we in customer service took a very large hourly pay cut in the last two bks.. and please inflight dont compare your cut to ours you make more than us.. we were the idiots in 1992 that were the only non unionized group who took cuts and all you folks for the next 7 years took nothing.. but that is in the archives of US. Respect starts from the top it does in all companies not just ours. Its all over we know that we talk to our customers and they are very sympathatic to us. I have been with the company going on 30 years I have the years not the age. My staying with the company is my business and no one elses.. I make my work .. work for me... and give the best to the customer and im not alone. I started when i was 19 and im still a young person. The lack of service ive seen in the overall aviation business you can thank WN. What you get in terms of cattle car boarding no food (thank god the airlines stopped inflight restruants years ago), everything customers thought they were entitilled to are gone. the WALMARTING of the business . thanks to WN. when they flew intra Texas and maybe here and there it was fine now they are everywhere and we pay. They brought low fares GREAT. about time. but why is it that US as bad as we are and the DOT says we are... is PROFITABLE? because it doesnt matter what kind of service you provide as long as you operate safe equipment adhere to FAA and other govermental regulations and give the public a good PRICE.. can you imagine if we did not run what CEO Parker said... A SUBSTANDARD AIRLINE... what kind of money we would be making! Its quite obvious its not the service its the price and as long as airlines offer good prices you will have that person buy it. You have to see the tickets that are out there from the travel internet companies offering 3-4 airlines in one itinerary.. we went back 25 years .. back to interling with other airlines.. and with that more lost bags. customers are now traveling 3-4 segments to save a buck when they could fly nonstop or make one connection. go on the US website and the others and you will find US is actually cheaper than WN. Its not the employees of US and that includes the so called EAST WEST thing we go in do the best we can with the tools given to us... then we go home.. because HOME IS WHERE THEY LUV YOU.

Latest posts