Who Do You Want As Your Boss

AA191

Advanced
Sep 17, 2002
I have been reading your consistently negative comments about Dave and others. So I would enjoy hearing your opinios as to whom you think would really turn it around for USAirways. Not a bashing of Dave, all of you want him to leave, agreed, so why not tell us who you want in that position and why. Be specific, give a reason why you want that person and not just generalizations.

But please let us not turn this into a bashing session.

I look forward to your continued lively discussions. All the best!

AA191 said:
I look forward to your continued lively discussions. All the best!
Meg Whitman, CEO of eBay,

She could put U on the auction block like Dave did, except she has a better track record by far and we all KNOW she will reap in billions!

I would take Dave Barger in a heartbeat. He knows how to treat people FAIRLY and has what it takes. Just look at what he has done at JetBlue as President & COO. Hands down and he doesn't have a long term contract with B6 either.

Greg Brenneman.

NEW YORK -- PricewaterhouseCoopers announced today that Greg Brenneman, currently Chairman and CEO of TurnWorks, Inc. and formerly President and Chief Operating Officer of Continental Airlines, has been appointed President and Chief Executive Officer of PwC Consulting, effective immediately. PwC Consulting is the management consulting and technology services business of PricewaterhouseCoopers.

For six years, as President and Chief Operating Officer of Continental Airlines, Mr. Brenneman helped lead the carrier from many years of losses to renewed profitability and prominence. In addition, Continental became one of the country's most consistently reliable airlines in the world, and one of the 100 Best Places to Work as ranked by Fortune magazine.

Mr. Brenneman will be leaving his current post as Chairman and CEO of TurnWorks, Inc., a private equity firm he founded in 1994. Prior to Continental and TurnWorks, Mr. Brenneman was a Vice President at Bain and Company, Inc., where he specialized in corporate turnarounds as a Bain partner and member of the Executive Committee of the Board. Mr. Brenneman earned his MBA with distinction at Harvard Business School and a BA in Accounting/Finance summa cum laude from Washburn University of Topeka, Kansas.

"In Greg Brenneman we have found an accomplished, experienced executive who understands the unique opportunities and challenges of leading a public company in a time of transition, while bringing considerable consulting experience to his role," said Mr. DiPiazza of PricewaterhouseCoopers. "Greg's drive for change and performance are the right combination as he leads PwC Consulting through its separation from PricewaterhouseCoopers."

"Greg brings tremendous capabilities and experiences to his new role at PwC Consulting, and is the ideal executive to head our team. I look forward to working with him," said Mr. O'Neill of PwC Consulting.

"I am excited to join the professional men and women of PwC Consulting. Our company has some of the best talent in the world, an incredible client base, and an exciting future," said Mr. Brenneman. "Technology will continue to be used for competitive advantage and we will continue to help our clients drive results."

Let's say each of you could get this wish and that person comes in and tells you he/she needs to make the same cuts this management team said was needed. Would you classify them the same way as Dave and Co.?

MrAeroMan wrote:
Let's say each of you could get this wish and that person comes in and tells you he/she needs to make the same cuts this management team said was needed. Would you classify them the same way as Dave and Co.?

No one gets a blank check.
-Airlineorphan

airlineorphan said:
MrAeroMan wrote:

No one gets a blank check.
-Airlineorphan
I wouldn't give them a blank check either but the question still remains. If that person came in and told you the same thing this management has said do you write them off too?

Herb Kelleher.

As said of 'Bear' Bryant, "he can take his'n and beat your'n, and then take your'n and beat his'n!"

Donald Trump and Everyone from the "APPRENTICE"

"Dave You CAN NOT Successfully run an Airline therefore,

YOU'RE FIRED " !!!!!

Latest posts

Back