Wholly Owned Carrier has been sold

Alleghany, Piedmont, or PSA Airlines, one of three wholly owned carriers has been sold. USAirways will announce the finding tomorrow the 20th December 2002. This will surely surprise all employees as USAirways continues to fight for survival.

Well that was chuck full of hard facts, care to elaborate on where you heard that one. Might be nice to know who would buy a W/O, and while you are at it, which one...?

If you are going to hang a rumor like that out there, you might as well go all out buddy

Stay tuned, this is not fiction, hope your ready for the facts because the next 24 hours are going to be quite something.

D3o2r8kdrvr
If you got the scoop correctly you deserve Chips job.
(Oh yeah, he's doing it for free.)

This is not necessarily a bad thing, for the Company or the employees. The Company would get a cash infusion (I'm assuming) and eliminate overhead while the employees might have better job security if owned by a different company. I'm sure we'll see lots of news on Friday once the POR is filed with the Court.

Oh, Im all ready for the facts, but like I said if you have someting to say them go on with your bad self. You could at least explain why you would be privy to such news prior to it's official announcement. A source would be nice.

But half a rumor is just a waste of time...

I'm betting Mesa. Remember they were a pretty substantial "stakeholder" going into the Chapter 11. Orenstein, the RJ king, would love to have the US Express network.

I think MidAtlantic is history, along with J4J. That was a scam if I ever saw one. I voted no on the TAs, primarily because I had suspicion that the company wasn't being on the up and up and I was hardly convinced that jets for jobs would ever be a reality. Do you really think that US Airways would start a company and guarantee unions a place on the property? Pass the bong!

Never believe in anything that doesn't exist yet.

I dont know about PSA, but if it is Allegheny we have a sucessorship clause in our restructuring agreement that stipulates an immediate activation of our furlough protection and a return to our original payscale in the Dashes.

There are a few reasons that someone would buy a wholly owned from Airways:

First, we 3 are amoung the very few pilot groups that have agreed to JFJ. Buy one of us and you already have the go ahead for adding RJ's

Second, our jet rates in 50 seat and smaller RJ's are tied to Express One rates till 09 (Which means we are amoung the cheapest in the industry unfort.)

Third, the recent modification to the mainline restructuring agreement allows a "unnamed" affiliate to operate 25 CRJ-700's. But if you purchase a Wholly owned you also can be sold the right to operate those 25 aircraft...

All in all a plausible rumor, hope it is true as I would hazard a guess that the fortunes of those employees would be better on the outside instead of tied to the mothership.

Just curious, I was told PSA's certificate does not allow the operation of 70 seaters (just like the potomac air certificate Airways was trying to use for MDA) while ALG and PDT's does allow for such a thing. wonder if that plays into this thread as well...?

Ahhhh rumors, not really worth the effort, but always interesting none the less

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/19/2002 10:09:20 PM D3o2r8kdrvr wrote:

Alleghany, Piedmont, or PSA Airlines, one of three wholly owned carriers has been sold. USAirways will announce the finding tomorrow the 20th December 2002. This will surely surprise all employees as USAirways continues to fight for survival.
----------------
[/blockquote]
d3o2r8kdrvr,

For your sake, I hope it is to AA so you can stop worshiping the AA pilots on their board!!!

[BLOCKQUOTE]
----------------
On 12/20/2002 3:02:50 AM flyonthewall wrote:

Mesa is the buyer and PSA is being sold. [/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]

[/P]This is the obvious answer. Allegheny and Piedmont are both running around with Dash-8s. PSA has the odd-ball DO-328s.

The MCE of PSA was on a conference call as of 11:00am today and was unaware of any sale of any wholly onwed. This was not a "No Comment". It was more along the lines of "I don't think so. We have herd nothing of this." Now this would not be the first time that our MEC had been left out of the loop but typically they know about things like this and have been sworn to secrecy. My phone call was the first they had herd of it.
Darren