winglets on 757 a/c?

Yes N600-609 are ex-EAL as well as the entire Cactus 757 fleet. One big happy Eastern fleet. N600-609 are 4000 lbs heavier on EOW than N610-633.Most likely the materials used at the time of construction. Also US 757's are 230,000 MTOW vs Cactus sisters 240,000 MTOW
:eek:

All Cactus 757's are not former EA -- only 3 of them are:
913AW
914AW &
915AW

6 are from Republic Airlines -- when NWA bought out RC, they were not interested in keeping the RR powered 757's as they are all P&W powered at NW.

Four were ordered/purchased off the line by AWA:
907AW
908AW
909AW &
910AW

All of the above are RR powered, as are the US 757's. :up:

The combined fleet is 44 aircraft; however, 1 HP (907AW) is being returned to the leasing company in early 2006, leaving 43. Which is a pretty good-size 757 fleet. Hope we can take advantage of the strengths of this aircraft... ;)

About 45 757's combined.
The aircraft are pretty much identical except for the interior configurations. Same engines (RB211's).
That's an understatement. US East used to have a great cabin configuration 24F, 158Y....nice leather seats w/footrests, and 4lavs strategically located throughout the cabin. Then we consulted St. Rita's School for the Blind and REALLY enhanced the cabin........8F/C and TOO many to count in Coach :up: Thanks to the Top Talent!

That's an understatement. US East used to have a great cabin configuration 24F, 158Y....nice leather seats w/footrests, and 4lavs strategically located throughout the cabin. Then we consulted St. Rita's School for the Blind and REALLY enhanced the cabin........8F/C and TOO many to count in Coach :up: Thanks to the Top Talent!

I thought that was St. Swithens School for the Prematurely Advanced.

Let's hope that standardized configurations include at least 14F in 757's. I kind of like the 321 configuration but I would understand if regrettably that were to change.

BTW I flew LGA-ATL-LGA on full 763's of DL on Friday--gotta say it was not bad...So as L4PI says I tried the dark side....they still have 24F on a domestic 763.

I wonder if the Cactus/ Eastern a/c need the SIP, or strut improvement program?
All that needed the SIP at HP have been done, I believe...

HP have 14 seats F/C and 176 Coach with 4 lavs...it seems to be a work-able, good mix. Any more than 14-16 F/C pax is too many for one F/A to work alone, imo.

In row 1 it was the bulkhead itself if I remember correctly.

Truthfully, I don't recall footrests either.

No footrests on US West 757's, Art you're right..just put your feet up on the bulkhead. That would be 1AB and 2CD.

16 in FC is too many for one FA to attend to. However, that is totally dependent on the level of service.

We never had foot rests on the US East 757's. Yeah....that's why the walls look so gross on these aircraft. People think it's a 25 million dollar footrest...just like they are sitting in their living rooms. Do people put feet up on the walls at home?
16 seats is nothing compared to the 24 we used to have and if that is not bad enough the A321 has 26 which is WAY WAY too many. I really hope they right size these 1st class cabins and get some dedent seats in them.

The US East 757's did have foot rests.They were covered in the same dark blue leather as the seat.They were only on for a short time before they were removed.

Restricted first class fares are still priced irrationally in some (perhaps most) markets. They really ought to try selling them for a reasonable price before yanking seats out of the 321s, and deciding how many to put back in the 757s. I just checked BOS/LAS and the first class fare with restrictions priced out well over $2k for the flights I picked, with over 21 days advance purchase. Some other flights could be had for around $1400. That's still a lot of money for what's offered in US first class with a non-refundable ticket purchased way ahead of time.

The US East 757's did have foot rests.They were covered in the same dark blue leather as the seat.They were only on for a short time before they were removed.

Yea I remember the footrest in the 757 they were taken off just before the blue seats were taken out in 1998. I hear that the 757 will be used to fly from PHL to SNN, LGW, MAN, & DUB in 2006

hey guys, i e-mailed scott kirby on the winglet issue . here was his response.

#####

we haven't actually done any work on it yet but we do plan to look at it. however, it's very expensive and probably the only reason it would make sense is if we wanted to expand our european service with long range 757s

fly safe,
scott.

Yes N600-609 are ex-EAL as well as the entire Cactus 757 fleet. One big happy Eastern fleet. N600-609 are 4000 lbs heavier on EOW than N610-633.Most likely the materials used at the time of construction. Also US 757's are 230,000 MTOW vs Cactus sisters 240,000 MTOW

The hp fleet is not ex eastern only 907,913,915 were ex eastern 901-906 were ex republic and 908,909,910 were awa ordered and they are the etops a/c.

Latest posts