Wisconsin

Wisconsin was a legitimate issue for those involved but the cause was hijacked and turned into political theater by the DNC and it will bite them in 2012. Its already becoming a problem.

The Republican-dominated Tennessee Senate Education Committee voted last week to deny Tennessee teachers the right to negotiate their working conditions with boards of education across the state through collective bargaining.

Republicans hold the majorities in both the Senate and House. The Tennessee School Boards Association also endorses the bill.

Where's the rage?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110221/us_nm/us_tennessee_unions

I don't think its an issue of not standing up for themselves. The circus is in Wisconsin. All the tail coat protesters can't be everywhere at once.

Ahh...Tennessee is a right to work state.....Kryptonite for unionists.

I don't think its an issue of not standing up for themselves. The circus is in Wisconsin. All the tail coat protesters can't be everywhere at once.

Ahh...Tennessee is a right to work state.....Kryptonite for unionists.

I think the most infuriating thing, especially for the people of Wisconsin, is the fact that there are so many people in D.C. and in the media who don't even LIVE here, but think they are entitled to try and dictate what should or should not happen here.

Now, there's even a Utah group trying to organize petitioning to recall the Democratic senators. Imagine! A special-interest group from UTAH! Involving their fat fingers in local politics a half a nation away.

http://www.wxow.com/Global/story.asp?S=14076095

Someone please tell me we are in a world where something this despicable and absurd isn't possible.

The only person that should be recalled is Scott Walker. I've already signed a petition locally; unfortunately we are bound by statute to be unable to begin recall processes until a year from taking office. :(

Yes, really.

I noticed you didn't bother either denying or refuting the points the article makes.
Because thats a whole mess a crazy talk and out right lies going on over there on alternet. Come on Kev, you know i love you but have you sunken that low?

Because thats a whole mess a crazy talk and out right lies going on over there on alternet. Come on Kev, you know i love you but have you sunken that low?

"Lies" says the guy who has a Michele Bachmann sig. :rolleyes:

I don't even want to know where you get your news from.

And as long as you're leveling accusations of untruths you might want to cite just one from Alternet.

I think the most infuriating thing, especially for the people of Wisconsin, is the fact that there are so many people in D.C. and in the media who don't even LIVE here, but think they are entitled to try and dictate what should or should not happen here.

Now, there's even a Utah group trying to organize petitioning to recall the Democratic senators. Imagine! A special-interest group from UTAH! Involving their fat fingers in local politics a half a nation away.

http://www.wxow.com/Global/story.asp?S=14076095

Someone please tell me we are in a world where something this despicable and absurd isn't possible.

The only person that should be recalled is Scott Walker. I've already signed a petition locally; unfortunately we are bound by statute to be unable to begin recall processes until a year from taking office. :(

The DNC is going to take it in the butt nationally for scared politicians running from their state obligations for fear of alienating their biggest campaign contributors, and not working for the people who elected them. Wait until Mommy's vacation is offed due to make up time required by law...

I agree with most of what you said. But that last line about "outstanding level of education" im not so sure about.

As WorldTraveler pointed out, the MPS system is an urban system with all the same issues of any urban school district. Surely you can see how disingenuous it is to draw concusions about WI public ed based solely on what you mention?

http://www.morganquitno.com/edrank.htm

MorganQuitno ranks Wisconsin #8. I'd say that's a fairly impressive standing, wouldn't you?

"Lies" says the guy who has a Michele Bachmann sig. :rolleyes:

I don't even want to know where you get your news from.

And as long as you're leveling accusations of untruths you might want to cite just one from Alternet.
Start at the main page on Alternet and keep reading. Propaganda, spin and lies.

The DNC is going to take it in the butt nationally for scared politicians running from their state obligations for fear of alienating their biggest campaign contributors, and not working for the people who elected them. Wait until Mommy's vacation is offed due to make up time required by law...

Not sure what Dems you're talking about. "The people" you mention just elected not Dems but a lot of GOPers with agendas not unlike Sherman's march to the sea, and on every TV channel I see on my set, I'm seeing overwhelming voter's remorse.

As WorldTraveler pointed out, the MPS system is an urban system with all the same issues of any urban school district. Surely you can see how disingenuous it is to draw concusions about WI public ed based solely on what you mention?

http://www.morganquitno.com/edrank.htm

MorganQuitno ranks Wisconsin #8. I'd say that's a fairly impressive standing, wouldn't you?
Maybe you should look at what i wrote previously here and here (or not, I dont care) and try a dose of comprehension.

Did you even read the METHODOLOGY used at the bottom of that article you linked? Did you even read it? I find it utterly ridiculous.

What does the following (bold) criteria have to do with proficiency of kids learning?

POSITIVE (+ 1-13) AND NEGATIVE (- 14-21) FACTORS CONSIDERED:
Public Elementary and Secondary School Revenue per $1,000 Personal Income (Table 56) +
Percent of Public Elementary and Secondary School Current Expenditures used for Instruction (Table 134) +
Percent of Population Graduated from High School (Table 171) +
Averaged Freshman Graduation Rate for Public High Schools (Table 174) +
Percent of Public School Fourth Graders Proficient or Better in Reading (Table 203) +
Percent of Public School Eighth Graders Proficient or Better in Reading (Table 211) +
Percent of Public School Fourth Graders Proficient or Better in Writing (Table 219) +
Percent of Public School Eighth Graders Proficient or Better in Writing (Table 227) +
Percent of Public School Fourth Graders Proficient or Better in Mathematics (Table 235) +
Percent of Public School Eighth Graders Proficient or Better in Mathematics (Table 243) +
Average Teacher Salary as a Percent of Average Annual Pay of All Workers (Table 364) +
Average Daily Attendance as a Percent of Fall Enrollment in Public Elementary and Secondary Schools (Table 398) +
Percent of School-Age Population in Public Schools (Table 389) +
High School Drop Out Rate (Table 191) -
Special Education Pupil-Teacher Ratio (Table 339) -
Percent of Public Elementary and Secondary School Staff Who are School District Administrators (Table 380) -
Average Class Size in Public Elementary Schools (Table 425) -
Average Class Size in Public Secondary Schools (Table 426) -
Median Pupil-Teacher Ratio in Public Primary Schools (Table 429) -
Median Pupil-Teacher Ratio in Public Middle Schools (Table 432) -
Median Pupil-Teacher Ratio in Public High Schools (Table 435) -

Disconnect:

liberals cry "democracy" while blocking precisely

what a majority of Wisconsinites voted for

Not sure what Dems you're talking about. "The people" you mention just elected not Dems but a lot of GOPers with agendas not unlike Sherman's march to the sea, and on every TV channel I see on my set, I'm seeing overwhelming voter's remorse.
March to what? Are you for real? Seriously?

Voters remorse? Highly doubtful at best.

Back