WN Cuts Some Long-Haul Routes

i don't recall ever hearing of WN selling any of their A/C.. also why is no one mentioning that with the reduction of transcontinetal flights, their replacements? take for instance the CLE-PHX flight which will be out of the system- no one seems to mention the replacement is an added daily to LAS? same with PHL....so there is just a schedule and city pair change to more profitable routes and city-pairs based on O@D and CASM..
Just another brillant move by Southwest Airlines being proactive and thinking ahead..

i don't recall ever hearing of WN selling any of their A/C.. also why is no one mentioning that with the reduction of transcontinetal flights, their replacements? take for instance the CLE-PHX flight which will be out of the system- no one seems to mention the replacement is an added daily to LAS? same with PHL....so there is just a schedule and city pair change to more profitable routes and city-pairs based on O@D and CASM..
Just another brillant move by Southwest Airlines being proactive and thinking ahead..

Oh, you poor deluded fool. You seem to think that dropping non-profitable routes and increasing frequency on money-making routes is good business. :shock: It is a sure sign that SWA is in the last throes of pre-bankruptcy (magsau said so; it must be true.). :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm curious as to where you're getting your information from. The only tool I have to use is their website but it only shows 1 LAS-CLE flight and that has been around for a while. I can't find any additions out of PHL either.

I'm sure we'll know when/where WN plans to put these extra planes. They are planning to extend their reservations timeframe from 11/2 to sometime in January next week so maybe we'll know then. Rumor is that MSY may get some more flight back.

i don't recall ever hearing of WN selling any of their A/C..

If past practice is any guide (per the former 737-200 fleet), look for WN to start retiring their highest time and/or oldest 737-300s in the 2009/10 timeframe. Traditionally, they have not kept aircraft more than 25 years, and the 1984/85-delivered -300s will start hitting that milestone in late '09/early '10.

So you are telling me that they managed to not only go to the wrong airport, but also get past security and walk through the airport without looking at a single departure screen? Or that five of them somehow were wide enough to prevent anybody from walking around them in the check-in desks area? Pray tell, what airport was this? LIE? :down:

No if you want to reread the post, they were walking into the terminal from the parking lot buses. We (other employees and myself) were walking into the terminal from the same bus stop area after vacating the employee parking bus. These DDA pax were spread out in the tunnel into the terminal holding back two bus loads of people, AS THEY ENTERED THE AIRPORT. So you can apologize for the LIE anytime you want.

I suppose an airport is an airport to SWA pax. But there was a group that did not make their DDA flight that morning.

No if you want to reread the post, they were walking into the terminal from the parking lot buses. We (other employees and myself) were walking into the terminal from the same bus stop area after vacating the employee parking bus. These DDA pax were spread out in the tunnel into the terminal holding back two bus loads of people, AS THEY ENTERED THE AIRPORT. So you can apologize for the LIE anytime you want.

I suppose an airport is an airport to SWA pax. But there was a group that did not make their DDA flight that morning.
Hey mags...if a person buys a ticket thru Lufthansa, but that flight is operated by United, and he goes to the Lufthansa counter to check in...is that his fault for not knowing that his Lufthansa flight was operated by United? Because that stuff happens too, you know. The only thing is...none of the "partner airlines" are willing to take the blame for any problems like that.

I'll ask again: what airport was it?

I'll ask again: what airport was it?

Oh if I told you the airport then you could track me down. You guys already know my DOH, and there arent many of us left from my year. So I will tell you that these pax were several miles from the airport they wanted to be at. I did not stop to chat as I wanted to get to the gate for my commute. I had spent enough time following this group.

Oh if I told you the airport then you could track me down. You guys already know my DOH, and there arent many of us left from my year. So I will tell you that these pax were several miles from the airport they wanted to be at. I did not stop to chat as I wanted to get to the gate for my commute. I had spent enough time following this group.

So who wants to take a guess? We have:

-tunnel from bus stop to terminal that's about 5 people wide
-several miles from a WN airport
-prob not a UA hub/crew base if magsau is commuting to work
-slight chance that he isn't blowing smoke(knowing him, he would have stopped somewhere that had an internet-connected computer to start a new thread about it. Hell, he'd probably buy a laptop just to let us all know. But, it took him several days to post it)

Any thoughts? DFW? IAH?