WN Mechanics seek mediation

He tries, he is just frustrated like the rest of us, but we as a group don't want to give the store away.There is no such thing as a perfect contract, and we know that. On the American side Weazz , it sounds like the IAM guys want their perfect world, and can't accept the changes that will come, when their medical is gone. Guys like the watcher, alias 700, won't help you guys at all, sad.

driver there’s nothing in there for them to pass. It’s all concessions except a little improvement on the Holliday’s and seriously that’s it.

There’s no way they would pass it and they should be outraged by it.

And even if I am in MIA I couldn’t vote yes to give up both Catering and Deicing. I just couldn’t do it even if there were some benefits in it for me.

And they didn’t even post the wages they’re offering??????

driver there’s nothing in there for them to pass. It’s all concessions except a little improvement on the Holliday’s and seriously that’s it.

There’s no way they would pass it and they should be outraged by it.

And even if I am in MIA I couldn’t vote yes to give up both Catering and Deicing. I just couldn’t do it even if there were some benefits in it for me.

And they didn’t even post the wages they’re offering??????
Nor should you, sounds like section 6, and maybe three years past that.

Well what I don’t understand is why people dream up imaginary time frames on these things? Could it go to Section 6 and 3 years, sure. Could it go 6 years, sure.

Could it also be a test by Management to test our resolve and there be deals struck in the next few weeks also? Sure.

Hopefully they don't go as long as we have. They have had it longer than us with the BK's and past concessions. What kills me is their company still wants a concessionary contract yet again. This is the time for the AA'ers to reach for the sky in these times of record upon record profits. I know it's all nego tactics but it really is just delaying and stalling for a new JCBA. We waited our co. out so far and I think they should do the same. Remember when we first started out 6 years ago? Companies first several offers were no pay increases to where we are now with a 30% rat., nearly 15% snap up, and 3% on the outgoing years.
I was hoping they got a new contract this year, but it also appears that AA is using the exact same tactics as SWA has used (tried) and if they are following SWA's tactics these guys have a long ways to go, kind of where we were at at the 2-3 year mark. We never receive a positive offer until year 4 then in year 5 they started moving on items. We are now where we should normally be in it around the 2nd year if there were no stall tactics by the co.
I hope they stay strong and hold out for the scope.

driver, what are you hearing at your station about the upcoming April sessions? Just curious. Most here in Dallas are expecting the usual from the company once again. They will come in and retract previously agreed to language and I would not put it pass them to completely unwravel any past progress. However, it would be beneficial for the co. to get a contract by June 1, otherwise the retro and snap up numbers will begin to increase again, and I am pretty sure the co. doesn't want to entertain more money (cost) for their 5 year pay freeze which is now going on 6 years. After June 1st (it's either June or July 1st) retro will start to increase above the 91 mil if we had a deal by April 1, and the 99.9 mil if done by the Jun or Jul dates. It might make the co. nego team look bad in the upper officers eyes if our contract cost climb into 100's of millions. Pretty sure if Mike V. shows up in April we would have something done by the end of April...

Hopefully they don't go as long as we have. They have had it longer than us with the BK's and past concessions. What kills me is their company still wants a concessionary contract yet again. This is the time for the AA'ers to reach for the sky in these times of record upon record profits. I know it's all nego tactics but it really is just delaying and stalling for a new JCBA. We waited our co. out so far and I think they should do the same. Remember when we first started out 6 years ago? Companies first several offers were no pay increases to where we are now with a 30% rat., nearly 15% snap up, and 3% on the outgoing years.
I was hoping they got a new contract this year, but it also appears that AA is using the exact same tactics as SWA has used (tried) and if they are following SWA's tactics these guys have a long ways to go, kind of where we were at at the 2-3 year mark. We never receive a positive offer until year 4 then in year 5 they started moving on items. We are now where we should normally be in it around the 2nd year if there were no stall tactics by the co.
I hope they stay strong and hold out for the scope.

driver, what are you hearing at your station about the upcoming April sessions? Just curious. Most here in Dallas are expecting the usual from the company once again. They will come in and retract previously agreed to language and I would not put it pass them to completely unwravel any past progress. However, it would be beneficial for the co. to get a contract by June 1, otherwise the retro and snap up numbers will begin to increase again, and I am pretty sure the co. doesn't want to entertain more money (cost) for their 5 year pay freeze which is now going on 6 years. After June 1st (it's either June or July 1st) retro will start to increase above the 91 mil if we had a deal by April 1, and the 99.9 mil if done by the Jun or Jul dates. It might make the co. nego team look bad in the upper officers eyes if our contract cost climb into 100's of millions. Pretty sure if Mike V. shows up in April we would have something done by the end of April...
I hear they want it done but we have heard that before, I personally think we will be almost done in April, and will finish in May, that's just my take on it.

Well what I don’t understand is why people dream up imaginary time frames on these things? Could it go to Section 6 and 3 years, sure. Could it go 6 years, sure.

Could it also be a test by Management to test our resolve and there be deals struck in the next few weeks also? Sure.
Not trying to insult you Weazz, I hope you don't go that long, but I don't see you guys wanting to give the store away for money. You need to get what you guys,have lost in these bankruptcy contracts. You should at least get what USair guys have minus the medical.

Not trying to insult you Weazz, I hope you don't go that long, but I don't see you guys wanting to give the store away for money. You need to get what you guys,have lost in these bankruptcy contracts. You should at least get what USair guys have minus the medical.
Why should we give up our medical?

This medical survived three rounds of concessions in two different bankruptcies, a JCBA with HP and the Section 6 2014 CBAs.

You can horsetrade at WN, we won’t at the new AA.

You all need to realize AA is making record profits, no need to give concessions.

Glad your not at the table.

Why should we give up our medical?

This medical survived three rounds of concessions in two different bankruptcies, a JCBA with HP and the Section 6 2014 CBAs.

You can horsetrade at WN, we won’t at the new AA.

You all need to realize AA is making record profits, no need to give concessions.

Glad your not at the table.
It's the simple fact American management is going to want one health plan, theirs. The American guys want what you guys have as far as sick time , hoilday pay, they are used to their medical plan, and if they can get all the goodies you IAM have enjoyed at their expense they will gladly outvote you USair guys to get it. Case closed.

Do you not understand the same people in Negotiations for the company are the same ones who agreed to the medical in previous negotiations.

All other non-IAM represented employees at US didn’t have our lower rates and coverage since 2005.

The AA side got equity US side did not.

The AA has to fund the TWU represented frozen pension to a tune of $2 billion, my pension was terminated, how about AA take it back from the PBGC and fund it too?

Your response was lame.

Why don’t you just give WN everything they asked for at the table?

Do you not understand the same people in Negotiations for the company are the same ones who agreed to the medical in previous negotiations.

The AA has to fund the TWU represented frozen pension to a tune of $2 billion, my pension was terminated, how about AA take it back from the PBGC and fund it too?

Your response was lame.
Well looks like the TWU wants the medical now, so that's something to slow your process down, we will see how serious they are about fighting for it, sounds like a long process just like ours.

Well looks like the TWU wants the medical now, so that's something to slow your process down, we will see how serious they are about fighting for it, sounds like a long process just like ours.

This sound somewhat serious?

1F3F5161-241E-48AE-9AA1-FD8C9A1C1367.png

You still ignored the point.
What was the point, you guys want your medical, but you still enjoy the superior contract language over the American guys. My point is you will have to fight just like we did, they are not going to just give it to you. So what was your point?

What was the point, you guys want your medical, but you still enjoy the superior contract language over the American guys. My point is you will have to fight just like we did, they are not going to just give it to you. So what was your point?
LUS lost way more than LAA has over the years.

That’s the point, but you seem to cherrypick the information.

You didn’t address any issues I posted.

All other non-IAM represented employees at US didn’t have our lower rates and coverage since 2005.

Your response was lame.

Why don’t you just give WN everything they asked for at the table?

LUS lost way more than LAA has over the years.

That’s the point, but you seem to cherrypick the information.

You didn’t address any issues I posted.
Your pension will probably be replaced by a 401k match , you might keep your medical, who knows, that depends on how long people will wait for a contract, if those are your sticking points on the USair side, not sure about the TWU, will probably be a long wait like us, you tell me?

Back